Strange Sights Event: The Doctor Is In The House *Updated

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,550 Chairperson of the Boards
    After Boss Rush I'm cautiously pumped.
    drstrange_icon.png Dr Strange please don't disappoint.

Btw
    Anyone know what this smiley is. I haven't seen this hero or villain in the game? icon_ironpatriot.png

We believe that he was planned but never implemented. Since the game has moved away from the "Dark Reign" storyline, it is entirely possible he never will be, though since they have used several NPC characters (and even more "Bosses,") it wouldn't be difficult to make either one...

Regarding Kaecillius, I read that as you need to do something very specific to defeat him (eg. gain 15 AP of each color, wipe out his minions then stun him, etc.) I feel fairly certain he'll be trying to do horrible things to you while you attempt to meet this criteria. Since we don't have any solid information, not even the consequences of losing or the rewards of winning, I have no real opinion other than it's an interesting concept.
  • After Boss Rush I'm cautiously pumped.

Btw
    Anyone know what this smiley is. I haven't seen this hero or villain in the game? icon_ironpatriot.png

He was a console edition character.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    After Boss Rush I'm cautiously pumped.

Btw

He was a console edition character.

CbIOGXPUUAAHkxA.jpg
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2016
    I have a bad feeling....
    Is drstrange_icon.png 3 star.png rewardered as placement during the new story event?
    Or it will be only available in the 3 dedicated Vaults?...

After the Boss Rush failure I can't help to feel undecieved icon_e_confused.gif
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    I agree that it feels ridiculous for the Devs to be so stingy on handing out 3* Strange. It's 5* meta, guys, wake the tinykitty up!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    LordXberk wrote:
    I agree that it feels ridiculous for the Devs to be so stingy on handing out 3* Strange. It's 5* meta, guys, wake the tinykitty up!

They did mention the event will have SCL, so maybe SCL 7 and 8 can earn 5* while the lower SCLs will earn 3*
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    How they distribute is meaningless to me. It's going to be random, and likely slow, since I no longer spend money after the Anniversary communication impasse.
  • Kaecillius is impervious to damage? Now this looks interesting. Could we get a little info on what it means?

Maybe this match will be a nice nod to the Original Puzzle Quest by adding Skull tiles to the board that you have to match to deal damage! Ah memories

Miss that game icon_e_sad.gif
  • Did the event disappear for anyone else? icon_eek.gif
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    SeraphimLP wrote:
    Did the event disappear for anyone else? icon_eek.gif

Yep, it's gone for me too - I tried a reboot and even switched devices but it's vanished into an alternate dimension.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    SeraphimLP wrote:

I *think* this happens when they're switching out the placeholder for the actual event screen.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,329 Chairperson of the Boards
    so is this single player or team based
  • Uber303
    Uber303 Posts: 85 Match Maker
    SeraphimLP wrote:
    Yup
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Its all been a feint, they're revealing at the last minute that they're actually running a Heroic to introduce Mysterio. icon_e_surprised.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tatercat wrote:
    Its all been a feint, they're revealing at the last minute that they're actually running a Heroic to introduce Mysterio. icon_e_surprised.gif

You forgot to have personal scaling match you full roster not just your heroic characters.
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Hahaha, Spid3y and Nova, what a trolling rewards. Next time Sentry and Mr. Richards, please icon_neutral.gif
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    roberts_2 wrote:
    Hahaha, Spid3y and Nova, what a trolling rewards. Next time Sentry and Mr. Richards, please icon_neutral.gif

Yeah, a cover for a top tier 4* is such a horrible reward.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    CL7 only T50 get Strange...
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:
    CL7 only T50 get Strange...

It looks like because he isn't a 4 star, they aren't treating this like a new release event. Placement rewards are the same as they usually are.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Has anything been said on minion nodes?
    I hope to God Demiurge finally took some critisism on board and doesn't make them scale over time again.