Strange Sights Event: The Doctor Is In The House *Updated

Comments

• hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Has anything been said on minion nodes?
    I hope to God Demiurge finally took some critisism on board and doesn't make them scale over time again.

Given that it seems to be a normal event with a boss attached to it, and not a boss event (in other words 24 hour refreshes/switches and not 8 hour refreshes), I don't think that's going to be a problem.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Greetings, all.

Once you have claimed an artifact, you will have an opportunity to face off against Kaecillius. You can find this Boss mission back in the Main Chapter. Kaecillius is impervious to damage and will require special tactics to overtake him.

F.A.Q.

Q: How much does it cost to purchase additional pulls from the Artifact Limited Vaults?
    A: A single pull from the vault is 350 Hero Points. Nine pulls from the vault is 3000 Hero Points.

Q: How much does it cost to purchase pulls from the Sanctum Sanctorum Cover store?
    A: 25 Command Points per pull
    Can we please get more of a description on kaecillius. The cost of tokens are not the FAQ from the players. What will actually damage the boss is the real question as well as will the boss have personal scaling or a set level?
    How many health packs are you expecting this boss battle to cost us?
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    *UPDATE (11/02/16):

There are two known issues with the Strange Sights event:

• Alliance placement rewards for sub-chapters are more flat than normal. All ranks get the Event tokens normally awarded to the top 10 ranks.
    • Kaecilius appears as a 1-Star character, even though his scaled power can bring him up to 5-Star and beyond.

Thanks.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]*UPDATE (11/02/16):

There are two known issues with the Strange Sights event:

• Alliance placement rewards for sub-chapters are more flat than normal. All ranks get the Event tokens normally awarded to the top 10 ranks.
    • Kaecilius appears as a 1-Star character, even though his scaled power can bring him up to 5-Star and beyond.

Thanks.
    Can we get an update on Kaecilius if he will be personalled scaled or at set levels?
    Also can we get clarification about his ability to not take damage?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    ...and beyond?
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    DFiPL wrote:
    ...and beyond?
    Good thing I recruited Buzz Lightyear.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:

Thanks.

In other words : YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO LOSE! icon_twisted.gificon_evil.gif
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    WEBGAS wrote:
    "David wrote:

Thanks.

In other words : YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO LOSE! icon_twisted.gificon_evil.gif

Let's ignore that that sentence technically applies to many goons as well (a level 550 Muscle is definitely more powerful than any of the 1 star characters we have in the game, even if they're at level 550 themselves [aka Balance Of Power]).
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    DFiPL wrote:
    ...and beyond?

If you though old Jugs and Venom scaled badly just wait till you see this......
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

And just like that my hopes for the event get completely obliterated.

Let's see. Kaecilius will probably be around 530 level for me, maybe a bit more maybe a bit less, this means that any 3 I use will be killed with a couple of matches, so no can use. 4s If not buffed the same. This is going to limit my roster A LOT. But then, looks like to kill him we will have to use some particular mechanics, not just fire attack abilities against him so If my 5s and buffed 4s can't do this 'special mechanics' I won't be able to beat him. Great icon_e_sad.gif

Seriously FIX THE STUPID SCALING !!!!!
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    roberts_2 wrote:
    Hahaha, Spid3y and Nova, what a trolling rewards. Next time Sentry and Mr. Richards, please icon_neutral.gif

Yeah, a cover for a top tier 4* is such a horrible reward.
    Yes, a cover top 4* for 10-20 people and 3 covers of irrelevant and almost useless 3* for 200-300 next so the trolling is on the table, easy to see icon_lol.gif
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    I've already bickered about it in the event thread that's in the respective forum section, but I'm not enjoying this event at all. The boss is basically impossible since you can only hurt him by matching the strikes that he only makes if he gets 5 purple, and his black is an instant win for him, at least with my roster, as it will easily do at least 11,000+ damage every time he fires it. I can't imagine what it'll be like for people who have better rosters than me, as all I have to really use are championed 3 stars.

In addition to that but not quite as unbearable is the fact that the Mindless Ones seem to be really tanky and love to drop a ton of countdown tiles that will often end up succeeding due to how much health they have, not to mention the attack, strike, and protect tiles they'll drop at the beginning of every match making it even more painstakingly difficult to take them down.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ah, Marvel Puzzle Quest, you never fail to miss an opportunity, do you?

"Come see our wonderful new Dr. Strange character! We've even made TWO versions of him, an ultra-powerful 5* version and a regular 3* version!"

"Um, but you have to pay real currency to have any real shot at the 5* one, and place in the top 30% of players to get any of the 3* one, and that's only if you've been playing the game a long time to start with. And that's if you can get past the ultra-powerful boss we created special for this event, and by the way, some of the special powers you might use to help you out there are currently bugged."
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the communication David and Demi.

I would like to see more details about the mechanics of the event. Too much effort is spent telling us about all the great ways we can spend cash on this event, and not enough time is spent telling us what to expect in the game. (and pricing looks borderline outrageous too).
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,329 Chairperson of the Boards
    wow i find this boring and i cant belive people are fighting for a 3 STAR

woooo im free first token draw was 3 star doctor.. at least i have what i need for deadpool

not sure how this works so we can only pick one way to go each day

meaning say

DOOR ABC if i pick door A day 1 door A be locked day 2 and 3
  • Uber303
    Uber303 Posts: 85 Match Maker
    450cp spent.
    No doc strange.

Then spent one legend token got black widow.

How strange.

On the plus side I picked up a Peggy yellow
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2016
    Nevermind, nothing to see here.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like to vent that it's pretty lame that you can't fight Kaecilius unless you have all of the essentials.

Was going to test the event out with my alt-account just to see what it was like to fight him, but alas that account doesn't have 3* Spidey so I can't finish all the missions. I had hoped it at least unlocked when you got the 'Orb' token.

Oh well, guess it'll wait til I can play with my regular account.
    Ah, hadn't started yet. I'm surprised the essentials are required for the last mission. I figured you'd go through the 6 normal missions to open it, and essentials would be your points gravy. Sounds like a design flaw.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 wrote:
    I'd like to vent that it's pretty lame that you can't fight Kaecilius unless you have all of the essentials.

Was going to test the event out with my alt-account just to see what it was like to fight him, but alas that account doesn't have 3* Spidey so I can't finish all the missions. I had hoped it at least unlocked when you got the 'Orb' token.

Ah, hadn't started yet. I'm surprised the essentials are required for the last mission. I figured you'd go through the 6 normal missions to open it, and essentials would be your points gravy. Sounds like a design flaw.

Not for the last mission, but you need to clear all the nodes BEFORE the last mission opens. So if you miss one essential you can't open the portal and fight Kaecilius.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Polares wrote:
    zodiac339 wrote:

Not for the last mission, but you need to clear all the nodes BEFORE the last mission opens. So if you miss one essential you can't open the portal and fight Kaecilius.

Then why did I skip the Nova one (due to Kingpin being a complete pain in the butt and me only having one Nova cover) and still manage to fight the boss?
    MA9IEgN.jpg?1