Strange Sights Event: The Doctor Is In The House *Updated

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    elusive wrote:

Then why did I skip the Nova one (due to Kingpin being a complete pain in the butt and me only having one Nova cover) and still manage to fight the boss?
    MA9IEgN.jpg?1

Because apparently it's a bug similar to the Gauntlet bug where the unlock doesn't happen immediately.

Mine's unlocked now having done none of the essentials, so I take back my comment.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    elusive wrote:

Then why did I skip the Nova one (due to Kingpin being a complete pain in the butt and me only having one Nova cover) and still manage to fight the boss?
    MA9IEgN.jpg?1

Because apparently it's a bug similar to the Gauntlet bug where the unlock doesn't happen immediately.

Mine's unlocked now having done none of the essentials, so I take back my comment.

Yeah, I remember that I had to shut down the game and restart it to make it pop.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    elusive wrote:

I noticed that too in Watoomb. I hadn't done the 2 or 3* essential when I finished the last node. The boss was locked, so I went and did the 2* essential once, THEN the boss was unlocked. Maybe its a time thing or you have to only hit 10 out of the 11 nodes? Didn't have restart anything though.
  • so the point of beating the boss is what exactly? 1 cp and 200 points??? do you even have to beat him?
  • DeadLegend
    DeadLegend Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    First boss rush, now this event?

The developers must hate there player base. This event is terrible.

How much more abuse can they put us through? What happened to FUN events? Instead we get these stupid impossible boss fights that you have a slim chance to win for a pathetic reward. D3 dropped the ball twice in a row. I'm tired of playing this game, I think I need a break....
  • TheDrStrange
    TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
    I'm frustrated by the vaults. 2/3 vaults have 4* characters that I can't use. I have 5 covers for that color. I only have two 4-stars that have 13 covers in the entire game, but I keep seeing the ones I can't use as rewards all of the time. Feels bad. I would have spend the 3K HP for something different and I can't even reset the vault.
  • Uncle_Freddy
    Uncle_Freddy Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    I don't understand why people are blowing their gaskets over this event. It's something new, give it a chance and reply with constructive criticism if you have it. Personally, I like the event. Does the boss battle seem a tad on the overtuned side? Yes, but it's nowhere close to impossible. You can't expect to faceroll over every single thing. I mean, come on now.
    On top of that, it's a 3 day event. Don't like it? Don't play it. Sunday you'll have something else.
    Flooding the forums with all problems and no solutions does nothing positive.
    Just my 2 cents
  • Willis
    Willis Posts: 49
    Throwing my voice into the group of people not happy with the new boss. The biggest glaring flaw is having to wait for him to match purple while he obliterates you with his crazy match damage. I think it would be better to give him low base match damage and have him create tiles passively or something. That way you're not reliant on the AI to get the AP he needs and you have a turn limit of sorts to make you think about your moves.
  • Don't know what too think. GAME took me out of regular challenges to boss fight and I can't figure out how to defeat Kaecilius. Every shot I take does 0 damage until my chatters are so depleted I can't go on. Also not real happy with no longer being able to see covers when I open up to recruit heroes. I know it never gave me the one I selected but I could at least time it to get through the iso-8.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't understand why people are blowing their gaskets over this event. It's something new, give it a chance and reply with constructive criticism if you have it. Personally, I like the event. Does the boss battle seem a tad on the overtuned side? Yes, but it's nowhere close to impossible. You can't expect to faceroll over every single thing. I mean, come on now.
    On top of that, it's a 3 day event. Don't like it? Don't play it. Sunday you'll have something else.
    Just my 2 cents

I have to disagree with you a little here. In previous events like boss rush there were pages and pages of flaming rage on the scaling. So far this thread is significantly more mellow. As a player base we should be able to comment on what they don't like. I re-read this thread after your posts and I see players saying
    #1 they don't like the vault rewards as it is too high of a cost for limited or unusable rewards
    #2 the boss battle is extremely difficult for very little reward
    #3 players don't like nodes and events where the AI has super cheep abilities that make winning more about luck then skill.
    #4 there are some bugs that need fixing.

As far as posting solutions goes there is very little to post since many players don't feel the devs listen to us. They don't actively participate on the forums. That might be more perception then reality but perception is a big part of it.

Also if players just stop playing they miss out on the rewards they really want and also are not able to make the constructive feedback you are looking for. There can be a lot of emotion in something you really like and when you first post it might come out harsher then it needs to be. Suggestions for making the event better normally come at the end of the event when people's emotions have calmed down. So far this feedback has been extremely civil compared to Boss Rush.
  • InfernosEnforcer
    InfernosEnforcer Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Considering the story of the event, is it possible he could get easier to beat as you collect the items every day?
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Rkholt wrote:
    Don't know what too think. GAME took me out of regular challenges to boss fight and I can't figure out how to defeat Kaecilius. Every shot I take does 0 damage until my chatters are so depleted I can't go on. Also not real happy with no longer being able to see covers when I open up to recruit heroes. I know it never gave me the one I selected but I could at least time it to get through the iso-8.

My strategy was to use characters that give him strike tiles that I can match away. That is the only way to harm him and the ones you can give him will be weaker than the ones he makes for himself. 3 star.png Wolverine is really good for this, just make sure and bring another character to tank tiles for him.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    #1 they don't like the vault rewards as it is too high of a cost for limited or unusable rewards
    #3 players don't like nodes and events where the AI has super cheep abilities that make winning more about luck then skill.

Just countering 1 by 1:

1) There's no requirement to buy the tokens. You get a token with a 19% chance at a 4* (10% specific, 9% random). You've got a 50% chance at something half-way decent (the 4* plus 3* Strange, 200hp or 3000iso). I guess people are just used to the crazy value of the anniversary and halloween vaults. I sure as heck wouldn't buy from this vault, but I'm not exactly losing sleep over not getting to convert 9k HP (3000x3 vaults) into various rewards. On the justified outrage scale (J.O.S), this feels like a 2 at best.

2) This isn't a boss event. Yeah, Kaecilius is difficult but it's not a requirement to beat him. The 600 points (or more if he goes up?) will hurt you a tad for individual placement, but it doesn't negate the rest of the event you still have to grind through. That's considerably different than the events where progression 100% hinged on getting through WTFPHX or Galactus 1.0. I'd give this one a J.O.S of 3.

3) While I agree those stink, there isn't one in this event. Even with my garbage account I was able to put up a fairly lengthy fight most times before succumbing. 15AP is hardly a cheap ability, and there are plenty of denial/tile conversion characters to deal with it. Plus again, you don't have to beat Kaecilius to hit your progressions. J.O.S: 0

4) Bugs are rampant currently, so I'll give you this one. J.O.S: 8 (not a 10 because Quake is to the players benefit)

Overall, there's a lot of outrage early in this event based on, IMO, pretty trivial things. I get that there's spill over outrage from other events/bugs here, but I'm just not seeing the issue in this event. Ultimately it's just a 3* character reward, whom will be readily available and easily covered when he's added to Heroic/Elite/Event tokens. Not the end of the world to miss out on him if you want to skip in protest.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Considering the story of the event, is it possible he could get easier to beat as you collect the items every day?

I am actually enjoying this event so far, but its more likely they'll give him blackflag.png feeder goons tomorrow rather making him easier. Storyline concerns or not, these events always get harder.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    Just my 2 cents

I have to disagree with you a little here. In previous events like boss rush there were pages and pages of flaming rage on the scaling. So far this thread is significantly more mellow. As a player base we should be able to comment on what they don't like. I re-read this thread after your posts and I see players saying

As far as posting solutions goes there is very little to post since many players don't feel the devs listen to us. They don't actively participate on the forums. That might be more perception then reality but perception is a big part of it.

Also if players just stop playing they miss out on the rewards they really want and also are not able to make the constructive feedback you are looking for. There can be a lot of emotion in something you really like and when you first post it might come out harsher then it needs to be. Suggestions for making the event better normally come at the end of the event when people's emotions have calmed down. So far this feedback has been extremely civil compared to Boss Rush.

People on these forums are very interesting when it comes to criticism.

if it isn't "I like it" it's like insulting a developers mother apparently.

The criticism in the Boss rush thread wasn't flowery but the messages weren't useless nor were they flaming or threats.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can people please stop asking for new PVE enemies?
    Last time we got Symbiotes, now we got these monstrosities that do guaranteed damage each turn that quickly spirals out of control.

I'll play Dark Avengers over these guys any day.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:

Just countering 1 by 1:

1) There's no requirement to buy the tokens. You get a token with a 19% chance at a 4* (10% specific, 9% random). You've got a 50% chance at something half-way decent (the 4* plus 3* Strange, 200hp or 3000iso). I guess people are just used to the crazy value of the anniversary and halloween vaults. I sure as heck wouldn't buy from this vault, but I'm not exactly losing sleep over not getting to convert 9k HP (3000x3 vaults) into various rewards. On the justified outrage scale (J.O.S), this feels like a 2 at best.

2) This isn't a boss event. Yeah, Kaecilius is difficult but it's not a requirement to beat him. The 600 points (or more if he goes up?) will hurt you a tad for individual placement, but it doesn't negate the rest of the event you still have to grind through. That's considerably different than the events where progression 100% hinged on getting through WTFPHX or Galactus 1.0. I'd give this one a J.O.S of 3.

3) While I agree those stink, there isn't one in this event. Even with my garbage account I was able to put up a fairly lengthy fight most times before succumbing. 15AP is hardly a cheap ability, and there are plenty of denial/tile conversion characters to deal with it. Plus again, you don't have to beat Kaecilius to hit your progressions. J.O.S: 0

4) Bugs are rampant currently, so I'll give you this one. J.O.S: 8 (not a 10 because Quake is to the players benefit)

Overall, there's a lot of outrage early in this event based on, IMO, pretty trivial things. I get that there's spill over outrage from other events/bugs here, but I'm just not seeing the issue in this event. Ultimately it's just a 3* character reward, whom will be readily available and easily covered when he's added to Heroic/Elite/Event tokens. Not the end of the world to miss out on him if you want to skip in protest.
    I agree with your assessment of what people are bringing up I just don't think the outrage is that much compared to previous events. I also think just because there is emotion from the players doesn't mean they should not voice thier opinions. If the event was brutal I would imagine 10 pages of hate and right now there are only a couple of posts.

My biggest complaint is the lack of communication from the dev's and explanation on how the events will work like personal scaling, how the boss battle will work, real Q&A instead of Q$A$. From your J.O.S. scale I would give that a 9.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Can people please stop asking for new PVE enemies?
    Last time we got Symbiotes, now we got these monstrosities that do guaranteed damage each turn that quickly spirals out of control.

I'll play Dark Avengers over these guys any day.

Coming to a ddq near you.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Q & A question I want answered is: When do we get rewards from the Chapters? I'm playing against roughly 1/3 of my bracket today in Wand of Watoom. Similarly, Alliance members are playing against 1/3 of their brackets, plus, Alliance members are playing in the other 2 chapters. Are we going to wait 3 days before getting rewards from everything all at once? Will it be day by day? Will it be completely bonkers and give alliance rewards from each chapter every day based on where the alliance stands in the chapter at the end of each day?
  • bpcontra
    bpcontra Posts: 176
    I dont know....i really like this event. Its not perfect but its cool.