Boss Rush Event: Info & Rewards *Updated

Options

Comments

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just repeating what's already been said. That round 3 Ultron is brutal.
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Damn people sure are salty these days. Do they need to sticky post the memo:

You aren't suppose to win.

There has been no response because they are trying to come up with a new catchphrase for this anniversary:

You're supposed to pull your hair out!

You're supposed to smash your phone! (this one is sponsored by Samsung as they need the new phone sales after blowing up everyone's phones)

You're supposed to pay us to make this easier!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Boss events are historically about your alliance working together to defeat a common enemy, we're stronger together than apart
    For whatever reason that was thrown out the window and replaced with every man for himself

Reading through the last several pages though it does seem there is a common enemy
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Anyone else missing optimal points even though you beat each pin and every boss fight? Top 4 players in my alliance have 54122 and I have 53502 though I beat each node and each boss fight. Ticket submitted but wondering if anyone else ran into this.
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Even if you beat every node and every boss, the points can vary significantly depending on the order in which you took out the nodes.

I did them in the wrong order, and had to hit the round 1 boss an extra time. Which meant that I barely ended up in round 3 after a runthrough, and 80k points below the leaders.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There have been posts talking about Galactus being in a later node and insta-killing people.

What if he is in the first round and just maxes out their AP so the later bosses just go nuts?

That would be a fabulous way to lose I think because I love watching the AI bust a nut on me.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Merrick wrote:
    Even if you beat every node and every boss, the points can vary significantly depending on the order in which you took out the nodes.

I did them in the wrong order, and had to hit the round 1 boss an extra time. Which meant that I barely ended up in round 3 after a runthrough, and 80k points below the leaders.

What the hell is the right order? I left my decoder ring in my other pants. Pretty sure I went left to right on nodes.
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Dev guys have a real problem on scalade difficult levels, that Ultron round 3 not pairs with the other 2 chars.
    Another good idea but bad implementation.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Has there been any red reply? Even an "I hear your concerns and we're talking about it" or "Working as intended?" Anything?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Has there been any red reply? Even an "I hear your concerns and we're talking about it" or "Working as intended?" Anything?

<tongue in cheek>You must be new here.</tongue in cheek>
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Dear Devs,

Do you know why people play games? Because they're fun! You know what is NOT FUN? Boss nodes that are simply unbeatable. Round 3 and I'm toast. Round 4 will be a nightmare!

Why the huge discrepancy between sub nodes and boss nodes? Sub nodes are lvl 20's. Boss nodes are in the high 200's!!! I don't have any fully champed 3 stars, nor any maxed 4 stars, and I have NO five stars. Yet I'm facing 3 bosses in a row with higher levels than anyone on my roster. That. Is. Not. Fun.

Once again, you've created an event that makes me NOT want to play.

Also? It's not alliance based scoring! Talk about bait and switch!!!

Fail. Fail. Fail.

The "brains" behind this game never cease to amaze me with these poorly designed events. Hire some actual game designers, why don't you?
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,485 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madsalad wrote:

What the hell is the right order? I left my decoder ring in my other pants. Pretty sure I went left to right on nodes.

That explains it. Once you passed the level 1 progression all of the remaining sub nodes were rescored to level 2. Same thing happens when you jump to level 3. The wave nodes must get a different bump from lvl 1 to 2 etc...

Specifically, you did 1 wave node while you were still on level 1 pts. I'll guarantee that your alliance buddies did the normal subnodes first and the wave subnode last.
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phumade wrote:
    madsalad wrote:

That explains it. Once you passed the level 1 progression all of the remaining sub nodes were rescored to level 2. Same thing happens when you jump to level 3. The wave nodes must get a different bump from lvl 1 to 2 etc...

Specifically, you did 1 wave node while you were still on level 1 pts. I'll guarantee that your alliance buddies did the normal subnodes first and the wave subnode last.

I did the wave nodes last. And i got hosed on one for 620pts.

In addition, the first boss clear only paid 4k not 6. Thats the first fight! No "correct" order can explain that.

Will be intetesting / frustrating to see if this continues in later rounds. If so placement is effectively RNG between players with otherwise perfect clears!
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just want to add my frustration to everybody's. Round 3 and my Ultron was level 460, 45k hitpoints!!! Banner was 255, GG 360 and Ultron 460. In round 3 I had to clear already around 70k hitpoints. I guess bosses now use the normal scaling ratios, so players with 2-3 champed 5s are screwed (well we all are, but some more than others).

Are Devs nuts?!?!?! Do we have to lose again?!?!!

I don't know how this is going to scale, but it looks reaaaaally bad. I guess Devs wanted to kill GR as the main boss killer but this is not fair at all. Bosses getting the AP from previous rounds is really unfair. Bosses wining 100 levels between survival rounds is not fair.

If this scaling is not fixed ASAP we can fairly say Devs ruined the Anniversary, all the double iso and vault tokens ruined with this.

PS: I love the changes made to Banner, his blue was useless so they replaced it with a much much better version for the event, great work devs!
    PS: Oh and just 3 Dino covers for days 1093, 1094 and 1095 is SUPER lame
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So my 2nd set of subs just opened up and I was about to jump in when I noticed the boss node says it unlocks in 1.5 hours. If I wait the 1.5 hours do I get a bonus shot at the boss this round?
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    I just want to add my frustration to everybody's. Round 3 and my Ultron was level 460, 45k hitpoints!!! Banner was 255, GG 360 and Ultron 460. In round 3 I had to clear already around 70k hitpoints. I guess bosses now use the normal scaling ratios, so players with 2-3 champed 5s are screwed (well we all are, but some more than others).

I was wondering if the 5* players would have an easier time with this since you don't have to work with this sorry set of boosted characters. Sounds like it's just as bad.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,306 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    VizMantis wrote:
    So my 2nd set of subs just opened up and I was about to jump in when I noticed the boss node says it unlocks in 1.5 hours. If I wait the 1.5 hours do I get a bonus shot at the boss this round?

Yes. This is a common boss event strategy.
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    VizMantis wrote:

Yes. This is a common boss event strategy.

Whoops, guess I've been missing out all this time. icon_eek.gif
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    VizMantis wrote:
    Yes. One round more.
    Fast clears and play by the clock - and you will get 5+1 clear each time.
This discussion has been closed.