Boss Rush Event: Info & Rewards *Updated

Options

Comments

• chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Looks like demiurge_humperdink is at it again.....

Heavy sigh...
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone.

The feedback is appreciated. Yes, even negative feedback. But, please keep your posts constructive and refrain from insults and cursing.

Players not having fun is never our intention. I've pointed out the community sentiment to the dev team today and we will definitely let everyone know if any adjustments can be made.

Thank you.

That is a troubling IF, if no adjustments can be made, then the event needs to be terminated

Or I'd be willing to accept some Peggy as compensation for my time icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 701 Critical Contributor
    Options
    gentgeen wrote:
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    gentgeen wrote:

I think the part I dislike the most ... I don't know WHO I am going to go up against -- so I don't know who in my roster to pick.

People are keeping track of who you're fighting each round in this thread https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?style=1&f=20&t=53225

Just hit round 4, that round is just bonkers and anything less than a 5* roster will not beat it. Something is seriously wrong with this event.

Also, thanks for the **** list of boosted characters I have ever seen against an event where the difficulty is quite insane. Im getting
    flashbacks of Galactus run no. 1 and that famous quote.

Thanks ... that link is a LITTLE helpful ...

So just tried with (in this order) Blade(L:175), KK(L:176), She Hulk(L:176). Shulk firing her green like crazy to keep AI colors to a minimum and trigger KK heal got me all the way to Ultron, but it was a TOTAL slog (took forever to even get there). I was able to get Ultron below 5k ... but just barely.

Too bad (1) Ultron is at 332, (2) a single bomb.png takes out any one of my team and (3) one board shuffle due to 'no match' took out one before I even had a chance. ("No match" board shuffle really should not be allows to lower the bombs.)

Ultron shouldn't be allowed to move the board at all. His bombs are bad enough, but coupling that with him swapping tiles is a recipe for frustration.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Players not having fun is never our intention.

Evidence bears this out.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 701 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Most of us know that famous quote:

"You're supposed to lose."

Maybe so, but I'd like to have fun while doing it. If I almost win a battle, I'm more likely to burn some health packs and dive back in. If wave 1 ends with me in a steaming pile while the enemy has lost 25% (or less) of his HP then I'm more likely to say "screw it" and fire up the Xbox. Frustrating your playerbase to the point where they go do something other than engage with your game is probably not "best practice."
  • gentgeen
    gentgeen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    So I just started round 4 .... Exact same team as NEARLY got me to end last try, can't even get through Wave 1 (Goblin). His 1 shield protects MORE than any of my 3* roster can even come close to (349pts less dmg) -- and my roster is all the 3*, all champed. I am 'sleeping' through the side nodes of ~40 level AI

How do we get to ROUND 3 and find the scaling this bad???? how was THIS not tested?!?!?!?!?! Did they test against ONLY 5* teams? I am just completely floored on this event... I had been looking forward to it.

Round 4 --
    Wave 1 = Goblin
    - Level 340
    - 24,970 HitPoints
    - Trick/Treat got out 2 shields, each one with 349pt protection.
    Wave 2 == ????
    Wave 3 == ????
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    6ujQDdb.gif

I never thought they'd be able to come close to Galactus Round 1 levels of bad design. All they need now is an out of touch "You're supposed to lose" type statement and all will be complete.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone.

The feedback is appreciated. Yes, even negative feedback. But, please keep your posts constructive and refrain from insults and cursing.

Players not having fun is never our intention. I've pointed out the community sentiment to the dev team today and we will definitely let everyone know if any adjustments can be made.

Thank you.

Thanks for the communication hifi!

I really do hate to be entirely negative, but the launch of boss rush has been an almost complete disaster. The scoring and reward changes were not adequately communicated to players in advance. The boosted character list is weak, and was completely hidden from players before they joined tue event. The event itself claimed to be an "alliance event" via splash screen even though its basically an individual gauntlet event. The scaling is basically impossible for everything less than a 5* roster in round 4!
    And worst of all, i dont think the event (event without any other problems) is likely to be much fun. Boss waves could be fun to run a few times, even if they were hard (maybe at the end of a gauntlet?). But 5 or 6 times every eight hours for 2.5 or more days? That's a tedious grind. I thini the ubderlying design if this event is misguided.

I appreciate trying something new, and but i think this particular idea needed a fair bit more work, both in concept and in implementation.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Okay. After getting through the second unlock, here's my updated thoughts.

I made it to Round 5. It wasn't easy at all and I didn't win every Boss Rush.

And I think that is the proper strategy.

While I DO agree that the info on the event could have been given out better, and some of the scaling has been crazy high, I don't see this event as a total loss.

If the intention is to have friendly rivalry, the Bosses should be a group effort, yet keep the prizes for individual score. I've been playing since near the first day of release, so I'm easily the top of my alliance (that's not saying I'm doing it alone. My guys are immensely helpful and do a great job!).

I have 3 Champed 4*, every 5* with at least 1 cover and all champed 3*. It feels like this event is geared more towards the long term player. It needs to be better accessible to all players.

I'm not expecting to win every Boss Rush. I really think the point is to try to get as far as possible. Overall, just better tweaking, coverage for all players, and communication
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just got my 1st shot at round 5:

My team - level 458 OML / level 454 Surfer / boosted champed Winter Soldier (really, his nukes are good against these bosses)

Enemy team - level 503-511 bosses (Ha!)

Goblin - 87k health
    Cap - 92k health
    OML - 93k health

Got to OML but he wrecked me. They had so much green built up that he sliced me every turn until I was dead.

There's fun, but this is not fun. THIS IS ROUND FIVE!! This would be challenging as round 7 or 8, not round 5.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Man, what's going on? Are we celebrating the three year anniversary or the end of this game? Cause I need to before I spend any more money.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Anyone that thinks having 5* makes this a cakewalk is crazy. I'm running 3 level 450+ 5* and I wiped my first shot at round 4...big time. 7 green AP for 15k+ damage from OML...he had 28 green AP to START. Had less than 60% health on my team...so he dropped 1k strikes each turn. Oh, and his red hits for 20k with 10AP. Managed to beat him after the huge wipe, but I'm not looking forward to what lies ahead.Thing about scaling, the higher you go, the steeper the curve is. 5* guys could potentially have a harder time than 4* guys (maybe not 3* though)
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Devs, if you are afraid of strange scaling issues....maybe try going very easy. So that way we get rewards instead of pain from your issues.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I barely scraped through a round 4 boss fight with a champ PHX, 375 OML and champ XFDP. I had to use all of my TUs or it would have been over. XFDP was the only survivor thanks to his red.

So I thought I should try some of my "boosted" characters for my second try. Level 296 Hulk, Level 314 Mohawk and a champed Punisher. This was a team I had fairly good results with in boss fights previously.

They barely scraped through the first boss. I love the fact that you gave them the ability to freaking heal. That is just awesome. It was great grinding goblin down just to have him heal it all back. That felt like winning right there. And I got a whole 5000 points for beating a wave and hitting him for 70,000+ damage.

Please fix the scaling and how about maybe throwing us a freaking bone and make their AP reset to zero between waves. That way they don't destroy us on the first turn of a new wave.
  • Lytes420
    Lytes420 Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    As dragon_nexus said earlier,the lack of any quality boosted characters hurts big time.exactly why is kingpin boosted for back to back pve's.what I don't understand is that if we look at the sneak peak thread,the boosted 4 stars for oct 13th to oct 19th are supposed to be ghost rider,iceman,hulkbuster and fury.now with bosses immune to stuns,iceman becomes less usefull,but I sure could have used a boosted hulkbuster and ghost rider.i guess they didn't want rider one shot killing all the wave boss anchors.with the way the scaling is,even they wouldn't help out too much from level 5 and beyond.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm not trying to pile on but this event is unwinnable. The banner nearly killed my entire team in wave 1 because his auto green cascaded into 30 AP and he spammed his green AOE every round until I killed him. GG is even more outrageous as he endlessly calls henchman that drop CD that he protects and lowers the timer on as well as creates 350 strength shields and strike tiles.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone.

Thank you.

That is a troubling IF, if no adjustments can be made, then the event needs to be terminated

Honestly, if no adjustments are made, we should really just boycott the thing. I was looking forward to this event and I'm 100% turned off in round 3.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How about you scrap the event, give everyone who participated all the progression rewards, and in so doing win back some goodwill.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The concept of a boss rush is fine, I was intrigued. However, players with champion legendary characters are losing in Round 3. Rounds 3 is where 2 star characters would have been having some difficulty, but should still manage, while 3 star characters could get up into round 5. Why are Legendary, and even boosted Legendary characters being killed in Round 3!? I was expecting potential losses in Round 5, and probable ones in Round 6 and 7, because that's where the prizes we're actually supposed to fight for are. Round 4 is apparently seeing people shut down on wave 1. The first boss in Round 4. I was thinking that maybe what you had done was to make the wave 3 boss especially more difficult than the first two and would slowly bring the first two waves up in later Rounds. Sort of a "Survive these to get the big challenge." Really, the scaling of bosses was fine in previous boss battles. We were able to fight them up to a certain point, and struggled for the big prizes. This scaling though, it's awful.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Orion wrote:
    I just got my 1st shot at round 5:

My team - level 458 OML / level 454 Surfer / boosted champed Winter Soldier (really, his nukes are good against these bosses)

Enemy team - level 503-511 bosses (Ha!)

Goblin - 87k health
    Cap - 92k health
    OML - 93k health

Got to OML but he wrecked me. They had so much green built up that he sliced me every turn until I was dead.

There's fun, but this is not fun. THIS IS ROUND FIVE!! This would be challenging as round 7 or 8, not round 5.

and after beating all that health down, u get -15k toward round 5 bar.
This discussion has been closed.