Options
    8 pm reset, Round 3
    Boss levels 265-422

FOUR HUNDRED TWENTY TWO!!! in round THREE
    What the tinykitty tinykitty
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 242 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm just defaulting to Charlie's Angels now for Round 3+. Even that isn't guaranteed with the 2k per turn match damage that Ultron is doing icon_e_sad.gif
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I got bombed to death against Ultron after getting there with losing barely any health...with a 4* team.

Wondering where all the feedback about every impossible Boss event went after they were told that most didn't like this difficulty.

Edit:

An OML just one shot me with 3 alive and healthy on the final round. I am speechless they could fail this bad on another event.
  • Jwhitmire36
    Jwhitmire36 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    8 pm reset, Round 3
    Boss levels 265-422

and the event lasts for 3.5 days.... We've seen scaling on other events in the past be screwed up and have to be fixed, let's hope this is the case again.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Round 4 is worse. All bosses 440+ levels, IM in second round casting protocols all the time and a 80k hitpoints OML to end. First defeat.

This is a piece of ****
  • Syleye
    Syleye Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options
    just adding in my frustration and disappointment. I expect this maybe round 5 plus. Makes me dread what they do to the smaller node scaling. I though anniversary events were suppose to be a celebration and fun..teaches me I guess.
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So round 4 for me is a level 392 Goblin, IM46 and then OML. Not really sure how to get anywhere with this apart from winfinite or maybe a Hulk/KK/Storm loop.

Have to wonder if the developers test these events or what they've been taking if they thought it would be fun.

I think a petition for all players to be gifted all rewards is in order.
  • gentgeen
    gentgeen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    8 pm reset, Round 3
    Boss levels 265-422

Seriously.. what is this????

8PM reset, my Round 3
    Boss levels 265-332

As you can see from the screenshot, I have not won yet, and this is my 2nd attempt on Round3

Screenshot: https://goo.gl/photos/jpVaWTk2UNiRpbmJ8

I think the part I dislike the most ... I don't know WHO I am going to go up against -- so I don't know who in my roster to pick.

My first round (that you already see I lost) was Patch, Groot, and Doom -- all three champed, and with 2 boosted and 1 'heavy healer' I thought I had a pretty good chance.

Banner (wave 1) took out Patch and almost all of Doom, Doom made it to Round 2 but was only 1 hit from dropping. Groot made it a little further thanks to his yellow, but did not even get Goblin (wave 2) down to half before all 3 of my heros dropped.

This is not fun at all!!!
  • Karass
    Karass Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    Not gonna lie, this event had promises and the Peggy covers are real nice, but getting wrecked by bosses on round 4 isn't any bit of fun, considering i'm going with a late 4 star roster.

* I guess it was too much to hope for to have an anniversary without any issue.

*Admin edited for language.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Boss Rush is ****, and it's the part of Anniversary Week that sounded the most interesting to me.

Seriously, I got wiped out in wave 1 during round two, and got tinykitty'd with alacrity in wave 2 in round 3. That's with 30+ championed 3+, a championed 4*, and a half-dozen or so other 4* in the 140-160 range.

Boss Rush is ****.

I want those Peggy covers, but I've got better things to do than bang my head against this ****.

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,274 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gentgeen wrote:

I think the part I dislike the most ... I don't know WHO I am going to go up against -- so I don't know who in my roster to pick.

People are keeping track of who you're fighting each round in this thread https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?style=1&f=20&t=53225

Just hit round 4, that round is just bonkers and anything less than a 5* roster will not beat it. Something is seriously wrong with this event.

Also, thanks for the **** list of boosted characters I have ever seen against an event where the difficulty is quite insane. Im getting
    flashbacks of Galactus run no. 1 and that famous quote.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    E1zXc1d.jpg?1
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I just made a topic about this, I was wondering if it was only me. I did a round with a 145 Banner, a 200 Tony, and a refreshing Ultron of IDK to finish it off.

Then I finish an Ares Node of level 40 dudes. Decide 80% health is ok to do that again. Banner is 145. Cool, cool. Goblin is 345 with 26k health, and Ultron is 373, and does 1560 on every match regardless, even Team up tiles. Also his bombs do like... 20k damage. Not cool D2. Not cool.
  • Blykmyk
    Blykmyk Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Got to round 4...sorry...not going to even attempt to chip down and die for the rewards. My decent four star roster couldn't possibly compete in future rounds. Terrible idea...
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So round 4 for me is a level 392 Goblin, IM46 and then OML. ....
    Well it get's kind of insane so let's all jump into deep water and go out with a bang icon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gif
    What will round 8 be?
    1000+ levels?
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well 9pm here on the east coast so d3 is closed for the weekend! Have fun with boss rush everyone! Happy anniversary!!! ****.....
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    Options
    This is just me brain storming, but perhaps they forgot to account that the game views one enemy as 3 which is why we get super leveled Hulk in the Hulk event
    Scaling is 3x what it should be/

My round 3 is 256-422

those /3 would be
    85-140

Perfectly reasonable for a 5 star.png player in round 3
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Problem is that obviously you should be trying 3 times harder. icon_lol.gif

I just wonder what new players think when they see an event where the bosses are 10 times higher level than the level of the mobs you fight to reach the boss battle.

No Anniversary Tokens for JU!
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    an1979 wrote:
    So round 4 for me is a level 392 Goblin, IM46 and then OML. ....
    Well it get's kind of insane so let's all jump into deep water and go out with a bang icon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gif
    What will round 8 be?
    1000+ levels?

I won't lie. Part of me, wants to bang my head against the wall, for the next three days Scraping bit by bit to get to as high a round as I can.... Just to see how impossible it gets. But I was also a person who relentlessly tried every possible thing to beat Galactus Playtest version 1.

Cause there is no way they playtested the first round of Galactus.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I am officially done spending money on this. The devs intentionally made this impossible for 95% of the player base. How do you work so hard to design something no one wanted and no one is going to enjoy.
    World of Warcraft developers worked hard to make it so more people could enjoy more of their game. And there is still a challenge for the hardcore. They were tired of spending all that time and money on something to have less then 5% of the player base see it. Then we have MPQ, who wants to take the opposite approach. I bet by the end of next year only 5* can finish DDQ.
This discussion has been closed.