Boss Rush Event: Info & Rewards *Updated

Options
1353637383941»

Comments

• Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I guess the devs got a LOT of data and feedback from this event, since it's taken them a full week to pour over it and none of them have time to say anything about how the big boss event for the anniversary was received. trap.png
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    ErikPeter wrote:
    Chill, everybody, chill. Tokens and double ISO and Peggy Carter covers are something we all want. Let's all just PLAY THE EVENT, first, THEN complain about it if it's disappointing.

Did this person ever come back in to apologize?
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Have we really heard nothing yet about the boss event?!
  • rc35
    rc35 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    herm1978 wrote:
    From other forumites: plenty (overwhelmingly negative)
    From the developers: almost nothing, and none of it informative - really.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    herm1978 wrote:

head-in-the-sand-for-south-africa-1.png
  • rc35
    rc35 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    Nepenthe wrote:
    I guess the devs got a LOT of data and feedback from this event, since it's taken them a full week to pour over it and none of them have time to say anything about how the big boss event for the anniversary was received. trap.png
    Slight correction: the devs have had a week to pore over it, while the players have had a week to pour on it.
  • Yasuru
    Yasuru Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    Start of a new week. What are the odds we'll hear something today?
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    They won't mention boss rush until they rerun. They haven't bothered to comment on Anniversary fun in general. However, they made sure they were snarky to a long time player quitting, but 41 pages of concerns over boss run, nothing to see here.
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hoping for some response this week even if it is to say "working as intended get over it" at least we would know..
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Boss_Rush_Takea_Number.jpg
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    A lot of people here defending poor customer service because that's apparently just the way it is...

Know what happened the last time I ordered a McDonald's and an item was missing from my bag? I went back to the counter, and I got what was left out because the staff half arsed the order.

This is very, very different but Ima stretch it here.

We expect our game, our EXPENSIVE game for the most part, to be fun.

If it was not fun, we want a reason. If the reason was "that mode was not supposed to be fun, it was supposed to be an extreme test of skills and roster depth", even without an apology for not communicating that properly before rolling it out, it should be a bare minimum to explain that to the players!

Boss Rush was too hard for a lot of players, to the point where it was not enjoyable.

Why? It was probably supposed to be hard (no one has said this).

It surprised people that Venom Bomb was a part of the anniversary celebrations as its first run had a poor reception.

Why? Probably because it's fixed now and players would get a kick out of their expectations being mixed up in a nice direction (also not communicated).

Best Friends Forever was a really interesting idea, that player feedback seems to suggest was a bit of a misfire in execution.

Why?

It seems like 5*s threw the event off (no statement on this any which way, and if there are plans to try it again with any adjustments to make it work as intended).

There were no Clearance Levels for the anniversary character release.

Why?

It seems like it wasn't quite ready, probably because there was no final decision on winning the new character through CL7 placemebt or not yet, they're with us now and it's pretty awesome (no one has said anything though).

A full post-anniversary run down would be nice answering some of the questions that came up would be nice.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Qubort wrote:
    They won't mention boss rush until they rerun. They haven't bothered to comment on Anniversary fun in general. However, they made sure they were snarky to a long time player quitting, but 41 pages of concerns over boss run, nothing to see here.
    Where did that happen?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jobob wrote:
    Qubort wrote:
    Where did that happen?
    I think he means this one:
    viewtopic.php?f=8&t=53810
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    JV - You read me too well. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Seriously though, how long does it take to gather "data" and relay it to us. Even a "We're looking at it" would be better than the silence.
  • Steellatch
    Steellatch Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    This is my favorite waiting game
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Options
    Qubort wrote:
    JV - You read me too well. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Seriously though, how long does it take to gather "data" and relay it to us. Even a "We're looking at it" would be better than the silence.
    Haha they have to wait for all the charge backs to come in to see how much revenue they made to declare it a success or failure?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I read somewhere (*) that if this thread has no new posts in 24 hours it will disappear and the timeline will be rearranged so that the event never happened. 22 hours in, I don't really want to take a chance.

(*) Or it might have been something in an episode of Lost
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel like the discussion is worth keeping because they seem to want to run this again and it's pretty unanimously unliked.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    It says in the OP from HiFi that "win or lose, you contribute points to the boss". Which, to me, means it's the same as all other alliance based events. So I'm thinking this is just a glitch. That it was supposed to be a regular, everyone working together, boss battle, but somehow messed up and is now individual based. I don't think Demi would make an event with scaling like this one for individual play. There is just no way that lower level rosters can beat the higher levels on their own.

It may be too late to fix this, but I would suggest to play as much as you can and see what happens. You never know. Demiurge might surprise us.

Where is this person at?
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Confirming that no additional statements are planned at this time regarding the Boss Rush event.

The dev team have taken your feedback into consideration and are currently going over the in-game data. The plan is to factor everything in for any future runs.

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.