Boss Rush Event: Info & Rewards *Updated

Options

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    Redrobot30 wrote:
    First "Alliance" event that I didn't achieve the personal progression, and I was off by ALOT.

So I wonder if the data that they have accumulated for this event reveals how many of the MPQ player base are masochists.

True. Has anybody reached the 1200000 to get the 25 CP? Any of the people that have completed round8 maybe?

Nobody in my alliance has reached the mark, and by a long margin! We have been robbed of the chance of getting the CP.

We should all get 25CP and one Peggy cover as compensation for this horrible event
    there are several in my alliance family that have completed. None of them have a roster level over 300 though
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm really hoping that they apply a huge change to this event like they did defensive losses in PVP. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    killercool wrote:
    In the hope that some of the comments do get considered by the dev team I would like to mention that as a player that has just passed the 1000 days played mark - the Boss Rush event is the first special event I have ever just stopped playing. My roster could have kept me going through a few more rounds, but it just felt like self abuse, and not the fun kind. The only thing I wanted was the yellowflag.pngicon_peggycarter.png , and that was cynically placed well past the reach of the vast majority of the player base.

To make matters worse, you have the next two events both giving out blue covers, surely one of those could have been a yellow.
  • Halleck
    Halleck Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    If you only read one line of this feedback - please continue to try new things.

For me, R6 bosses are lvl 360, R7 is 368. Boosted, my highest characters are 269, 264, 212, 207, 189. I have a wide 3* roster.

As others here and in my alliance have said, it does seem overly difficult. For my personal scaling, it seems about right, but getting to the end of R6 was very dependent on 3* Hulk being boosted.

Having a 3* roster, reaching a 4* is rewarding; and the process (bosses & supporting) was more fun than going through the Dark Avengers at SCL7.

It was less fun and rewarding than previous boss events though. In those, the cooperative nature (and likely lower difficulty) motivated everyone in my alliance to reach one or two 4*s. I played less this time, but I’m glad I stuck with it through R6.

From what I can tell is the new stuff that was tried:
    • Scaling to Rosters: seems to be a miss for most; however, if it eventually makes boss events more accessible to more people, that’s worth testing out. I like a non-scaled event every so often though to measure the progress of my roster.
    • Non-coop Alliance Event: This was not terrible, but a surprise, a little weird, and disappointing.
    • Having both individual progression rewards and individual round rewards was not bad, but again - weird. The fact that I reach the end of R6 and I’m not near the 3* Doom prize does fuel speculation that the event may not be operating as intended.
    • Individual within Alliance Placement: As someone who’s been at and near the top of my alliance previously, I would describe this as not needed. I’m more motivated by the notion of helping my alliance. I thought the awards were an appropriate half-step above bragging rights though. As long as they aren’t to lucrative, I’m not opposed.
    • Boss Waves: with a single boss, it can get repetitive, but it allows players to appreciate the design and then see if their strategy holds up in the next round. With the waves, it almost changes to fast until you hit whatever wave slows you down. Nuances in individual bosses, and in things like rounds that end in non-AP users, are too easy to miss. Combining bosses with opposing strategies eventually means the strategy has to be chaining up as near-infinite combos as possible. That’s not inherently bad, but not everyone’s roster has that option.
    • As GrimSkald (p29) mentions, seeing some of these new bosses again would be really great. Some good work was put into them.
    • Communication: I expect any new event might be rough the first time; internal testing can only go so far. I wish more people had a similar expectation, but preemptively guiding expectations might be helpful.
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This event was truly and utterly awful. I have never bailed on an event out of sheer frustration, until now. The developers should feel ashamed for doing this to their loyal user base.
  • MunitionsFrenzy
    MunitionsFrenzy Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Still not sure why people are complaining about Banner. His Round 7 version's not really any different from the old one: you still only have to deny one single color (and it's Green, for tinypuppy's sake; bring Rulk's Gamma Siphon if you really can't do board control otherwise). He still gives you plenty of time to build up AP so you can crush the next two bosses.

Phoenix is the only character that's entirely luckbased ****.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Still not sure why people are complaining about Banner. His Round 7 version's not really any different from the old one: you still only have to deny one single color (and it's Green, for tinypuppy's sake; bring Rulk's Gamma Siphon if you really can't do board control otherwise). He still gives you plenty of time to build up AP so you can crush the next two bosses.

Phoenix is the only character that's entirely luckbased ****.

Because if his green-generating ability makes a match 5 you are losing that RHulk to simple match damage on his first turn..
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I need 109k to finish but unless I get extremely lucky I will be short. It's really frustrating to grind this **** event as hard as I have only have it be for nothing. Starting round 8 first reset, AP dried up completely. Even when I do get anger out, it now misses every green on the board even if the board is totally full. That's even if I get a second turn which has been 50/50.

I've never felt more punished for attempting to play something. The souls games were hard, but there was logic to it. This is sadistic.
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    Options
    an1979 wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    No longer stickied.

"This too shall pass."

And the event isn't even finishing...

Swept under the carpet.
    Maybe they're hoping if it falls off the first page that people will let it go. Maybe our feedback is upsetting someone.

Just another example of something they've done that's disrespectful to the playerbase.

Or maybe the forum is just set to automatically unpin topics after a certain amount of time. That seems consistent with how all the pinned topics in the forum are handled.
  • ChuckFan
    ChuckFan Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I used a gimmicky Hulkfinity build to get past r7, but in r8 it stopped working for me because Phoenix didn't hit me hard enough to trigger Hulk's anger on a simple match 3, but plenty enough to down him with her skills! I have champed 4s and my 5s are all base level. Thing is this build did work for some of my alliance mates in r8 because they had champed 5s. How silly is it that I actually need Phoenix to do MORE match damage for me to succeed!?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ChuckFan wrote:
    I used a gimmicky Hulkfinity build to get past r7, but in r8 it stopped working for me because Phoenix didn't hit me hard enough to trigger Hulk's anger on a simple match 3, but plenty enough to down him with her skills! I have champed 4s and my 5s are all base level. Thing is this build did work for some of my alliance mates in r8 because they had champed 5s. How silly is it that I actually need Phoenix to do MORE match damage for me to succeed!?

Do you have 4* Cyclops at a usable level? I ran Cyclops/KK/Mohawk, same basic idea as the Hulk/KK/Mohawk team, but you get more damage output from Cyclops along the way (mine is level 131, 2/5/5, more red covers would drastically up the damage; I got through round 7 with several wins, and am only skipping a try at round 8 because IRL stuff had me miss enough potential clears that I'd need perfect play to come close to that Peggy cover, and my Peggy's well covered enough I'm just going to pass on it)
  • Mr_Sinister
    Options
    JHawkInc wrote:
    ChuckFan wrote:

Do you have 4* Cyclops at a usable level? I ran Cyclops/KK/Mohawk, same basic idea as the Hulk/KK/Mohawk team, but you get more damage output from Cyclops along the way (mine is level 131, 2/5/5, more red covers would drastically up the damage; I got through round 7 with several wins, and am only skipping a try at round 8 because IRL stuff had me miss enough potential clears that I'd need perfect play to come close to that Peggy cover, and my Peggy's well covered enough I'm just going to pass on it)

How does this work?
  • digimon1208
    digimon1208 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This is such an frustrating anniversary event that one will take some time to erase it from memory for a while to come.

NB: this my 5th posts after playing over 900+ days.
  • Saeva
    Saeva Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    From the 10/10 Patch update:

"- Peggy Carter (Captain America)'s Do as Peggy Says power no longer stuns invisible opponents."

So, they nerfed Peggy's blue after it being the lowest hanging Peggy cover and it being offered in the next two events. Okay.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    For the difficulty curve, this should've been a MULTI 5☆ prize event. CW1/2 was much easier and had potential to earn 4 5☆ covers. All this? For a 4☆ ?

And let's not forget the node rewards which are all comparable to the rewards of "easy" nodes in a normal PVE, including the survival nodes, that give exactly the same rewards! Half of the time you are walking away with a random boost or a standard token even in round 8. And you cannot even get XP!
  • Mr_Sinister
    Options
    I am tracking every single point gained through the boss fights and they are not adding up correctly at end of the round. I am consistently shorted when it's being added to my progress bar.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This wasn't the worst thing event to me. It did have a distinct downside though in that there was only one viable strategy (don't let the bosses have a turn) and thus only really a few possible teams that could work. If not for the forums, I wouldn't have made any real progress in this event.

Also, not having to work together as an alliance seemed a bit arbitrary and weird as a thing to implement for this.
  • Frustrated1
    Frustrated1 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    Sigh.

My streak of not giving them money was broken by the seemingly well-intentioned Anniversary Vault.

And then there was BFF, which needed tweaking, but was at least something different.

And then there was Boss Rush. I agree with the past 36 pages. Utter garbage again from the Devs. No playtesting, but even worse, it seems no thinking went into this event.

So after 3 anniversaries, we've had the one generally considered to be a great event, with fun events and prizes, and then two garbage ones. In a row, no less.

Back to no more money for them. I encourage everyone to vote with their wallets as well.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Interesting.

Just got my rewards for coming 2nd in my Alliance and I got 100HP, as well as the advertised 3 Heroics and 5K ISO.
  • gamecat235
    gamecat235 Posts: 104 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Interesting.

Just got my rewards for coming 2nd in my Alliance and I got 100HP, as well as the advertised 3 Heroics and 5K ISO.

I finished in the bottom half of my alliance for Boss Rush, after giving up after reaching round 6, and when the event ends I got a reward for an Elite Token (announced), 2000 ISO (announced), and 10 HP (not announced or listed in the rewards).

I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I had an odd amount of HP from a previous sale, and just corrected this from the anniversary sale by buying an amount with a bonus offset to put me back in increments of 25 HP. Can we either get a full 25 or nothing at all? I went months with an odd unusable amount and literally spent money to correct it.
This discussion has been closed.