Boss Rush Event: Info & Rewards *Updated

Options

Comments

• snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't know what you guys are complaining about, this event is great! I'm on round 4 and I can make it all the way to halfway through a battle before I get slaughtered. Only got 320 thousand points to go before I make it to the 2* Storm prize! God I hope I make it!!!!! I'm only going through 3 health packs every single battle everyone of which ends in failure, I can sustain that forever! those peggys will be mine in no time!
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Congratulations Demiurge! You have just created the worst event in my 3 years of playing. Happy Anniversary!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Scaling is bad enough but the choice of buffed heroes isn't great either. Wasp and Winter Soldier are too new to be fully usable. Kingpin's okay, but 10k damage with a countdown timer feels like I'm plinking away here when I need to wipe out something like 100k health in total. XForce Wolvie is okay but he's way too squishy. TA Hulk...well he has the HP but I've not champed him. I could but...I don't wanna do that just for this event.

3*s HA forget it. Yeah I'm going to wipe these bosses out with my level 280 Human Torch doing less than 5k damage for 8 red.

It would have been nice to have someone like Cyclops or Red Hulk or Ice Man boosted to stun the stunnable bosses, do heavy single hit damage or heavy AoE.
    I felt so optimistic that I only had to compete with myself to get Peggy covers, figured with the time I had this weekend I'd be able to get at least 2 just fine. This event felt like a Gauntlet style Boss event and that sounded a lot of fun.

I hope against hope that this scaling is just some kind of programming oversight. A glitch or a mis-application of some kind of scaling protocol. They're meant to be level 200 in round 4 but somehow they've got scaling applied which is why we have these funny numbers that don't match with everyone. Someone's on round 4 facing level 392 bosses, but mine are 388. Normally in boss fights the bosses are a level multiple of 50. For them to have these weird levels seems wrong to me.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The anniversary was basically my last chance for the game, and they blew it big time, with both new events being utterly terrible. I'll still keep it on my ipad for my kids to play (good thing they love Phoenix, because thanks to the scaling and the fantastic decision to lock prologue they'll be forced to use her in every match if they don't want to immediately lose), but personally I'm done with playing exceedingly difficult and time-consuming game modes for subpar rewards.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,303 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Karass wrote:
    *Admin edited for language.

Good to know that red names are around looking out for the /true/ problems such as profanity.

More seriously, could we please get /at least/ a pre-fab corporate "we're sorry for the inconvenience, we're looking at it"? Or, I guess, the "working as intended, carry on" that some dread? Any kind of ackowledgement would be nice, preferibly before you all go out for the weekend.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi everyone.

The feedback is appreciated. Yes, even negative feedback. But, please keep your posts constructive and refrain from insults and cursing.

Players not having fun is never our intention. I've pointed out the community sentiment to the dev team today and we will definitely let everyone know if any adjustments can be made.

Thank you.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    could we please get /at least/ a pre-fab corporate "we're sorry for the inconvenience, we're looking at it"? Or, I guess, the "working as intended, carry on" that some dread? Any kind of ackowledgement would be nice, preferibly before you all go out for the weekend.

It's Thursday. But, the vitriol is noted.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2016
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone.

The feedback is appreciated. Yes, even negative feedback. But, please keep your posts constructive and refrain from insults and cursing.

Players not having fun is never our intention. I've pointed out the community sentiment to the dev team today and we will definitely let everyone know if any adjustments can be made.

Thank you.

Cool. While you're here, maybe, you could let us know why a boss battle, even has personal scaling. Especially Personal Scaling that seems to place it out of, well, everyone's range? Was this an error? Will we get extra event time? after it has been fixed? Anniversary tokens, All the rewards of this event perhaps?

Or just, even a quick disable and fix from later. Because so far, I have not seen one positive comment, and the last time it was this bad. It was Big G.

or a timeframe. That would be best of all. We'd really appreciate a timeframe.
  • gentgeen
    gentgeen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    gentgeen wrote:

I think the part I dislike the most ... I don't know WHO I am going to go up against -- so I don't know who in my roster to pick.

People are keeping track of who you're fighting each round in this thread https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?style=1&f=20&t=53225

Just hit round 4, that round is just bonkers and anything less than a 5* roster will not beat it. Something is seriously wrong with this event.

Also, thanks for the **** list of boosted characters I have ever seen against an event where the difficulty is quite insane. Im getting
    flashbacks of Galactus run no. 1 and that famous quote.

Thanks ... that link is a LITTLE helpful ...

So just tried with (in this order) Blade(L:175), KK(L:176), She Hulk(L:176). Shulk firing her green like crazy to keep AI colors to a minimum and trigger KK heal got me all the way to Ultron, but it was a TOTAL slog (took forever to even get there). I was able to get Ultron below 5k ... but just barely.

Too bad (1) Ultron is at 332, (2) a single bomb.png takes out any one of my team and (3) one board shuffle due to 'no match' took out one before I even had a chance. ("No match" board shuffle really should not be allows to lower the bombs.)
  • cg2912
    cg2912 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options

It would have been nice to have someone like Cyclops or Red Hulk or Ice Man boosted to stun the stunnable bosses, do heavy single hit damage or heavy AoE.

Which bosses can you stun though? OML and IM were both immune
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,303 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Pylgrim wrote:
    could we please get /at least/ a pre-fab corporate "we're sorry for the inconvenience, we're looking at it"? Or, I guess, the "working as intended, carry on" that some dread? Any kind of ackowledgement would be nice, preferibly before you all go out for the weekend.

It's Thursday. But, the vitriol is noted.

With all due respect, David, it's been over 10 hours since the event started and discontent started trickling in immediately. We are nearing the end of your working day, so my post was assuming that you'd read it tomorrow, Friday. Since you had already let most of the Thursday go without an acknowledgement, it was not a stretch to fear that Friday could be let pass as well, and in all fairness, /it has happened before/.

So while you "note" some vitriol, it was just warranted fear and yes, a bit of annoyed pessimism.
  • derrickn
    derrickn Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    And while the boss play is well nigh impossible, the missions are fairly simple.

Weird discrepancy ...
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone.

The feedback is appreciated. Yes, even negative feedback.

Just wanted to add my thoughts as well - was excited to see another event in which our alliance could come together (we had everything scheduled on Line), and saw that Peggy was the reward! And then the other shoe dropped... between the solo event (which honestly - if we were told, that would've been much better) and the absolutely ridiculous scaling, it ruined the event for me, and those in my alliance. Good concept, poor execution.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone.

Thank you.

Too little too late. Say goodbye to the 2/3/4* players. Hope you are happy with your decisions over the past few weeks.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    derrickn wrote:
    And while the boss play is well nigh impossible, the missions are fairly simple.

Weird discrepancy ...

I've given up on trying to beat the bosses and I'm only on round 2. At this point i just plan on tossing some cannon fodder at them so I can unlock the missions.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    cg2912 wrote:

Which bosses can you stun though? OML and IM were both immune

None. All bosses in Boss Rush are immune to Stun/Airborne.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone.

Thank you.

Now, see...that's not "Whoops, we made a mistake". That's "Wait, you don't like what we made?"
    And that's not good. I don't want to believe scaling of this magnitude was intentional and considered fun in any way. I could dig fighting a single boss with the scaling we currently have, but not 3 waves of unstunnable bosses.

I was going on the assumption there was some kind of scaling switched on by accident and the bosses weren't meant to have scaling at all, instead going up in level like all bosses do, starting at 50 or 100 and then going up by 50 levels with each new round.
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    derrickn wrote:

Weird discrepancy ...

Don't worry, in about 18-24 hours the simple missions will be 'fixed'.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone.

Thank you.

That is a troubling IF, if no adjustments can be made, then the event needs to be terminated
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have appreciated the double iso and the many anniversary tokens, but pretty much every event has been terrible and this boss event is the worst by a mile. I'd gladly take Galactus 1st run again over this. At least I didn't give up by r3 on that one.
This discussion has been closed.