Boss Rush Event: Info & Rewards *Updated

Options

Comments

• bpcontra
    bpcontra Posts: 176
    Options
    You guys are looking at this all wrong....look at this forum. For the first time, possibly ever, the entire playerbase is united!!!

This whole event was just a ploy to bring the whole community back together as one big unhappy family. 5* whales feel all the same pain as 3* transitioners who are stuck with no way of getting covers or iso. See...we all are in this together!

Thank you devs for making this game unplayable for EVERYONE so we can all share in this misery together. Much love guys!
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    bpcontra wrote:
    You guys are looking at this all wrong....look at this forum. For the first time, possibly ever, the entire playerbase is united!!!

This whole event was just a ploy to bring the whole community back together as one big unhappy family. 5* whales feel all the same pain as 3* transitioners who are stuck with no way of getting covers or iso. See...we all are in this together!

Thank you devs for making this game unplayable for EVERYONE so we can all share in this misery together. Much love guys!

No trust me, we were just as pissed at Big G round one. Because regardless of roster, after round 6 it was like a slot machine. You had a good board, and got lucky with cascades for three turns in a row, or you lost turn 4. Every time.

We were as pissed then. Though if the idea was, make all the players unite again, then yes. that goal is accomplished.
  • Saeva
    Saeva Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I have 3 Champed 4*, every 5* with at least 1 cover and all champed 3*. It feels like this event is geared more towards the long term player. It needs to be better accessible to all players.

I'm not expecting to win every Boss Rush. I really think the point is to try to get as far as possible. Overall, just better tweaking, coverage for all players, and communication.
    CyberVenom, I appreciate the attempt to be positive but, realistically, when they released Clearance Levels they put everyone above, what, Level 35 into the same high bracket. I have a slightly less shiny roster than yours and I'm at Level 53. I'm guessing you're even higher. And the introduction of CL8 and above isn't a priority for the devs because, apparently, not enough players are in that bracket to make it so.

If that's true and people at Level 50+, the "long term player" are being completely stomped by this event then who, exactly, is the event for? 10% of the player base? 5%? 1%?

Either there's enough players at this high end to justify an event like this, in which case there should be far more than the current seven Clearance Levels, or there aren't that many players in that bracket, in which case this event is beyond ridiculous.

And none of that addresses that this was billed as an Alliance event only for it to be a solo event after all -- something that goes, IMO, well beyond some miscommunication. That's flat-out false advertising and a good portion of the reason that people are upset. Beyond the impossible scaling, of course.

There's no silver lining for this cloud that would begin to justify the mess that has been the entire Anniversary season. That this is a capstone to the raging dumpster fire that is the dev's lack of concern for the players' enjoyment is appropriate.

While I DO agree that the info on the event could have been given out better, and some of the scaling has been crazy high, I don't see this event as a total loss.
    I read your post but I don't see a gain. I see a few suggestions on how the event could be not a total loss to those of us unwilling to play into the sunk cost fallacy.

The majority of the players aren't going to be people like you and I, who are transitioning to a full 4-star roster. The devs even acknowledged that themselves. And any event where the top 20% -- or less! -- of the player base is struggling to play it at all is an event that failed completely.

I wish there was a silver lining. But, instead, it feels more like an angler fish -- the devs dangled a shiny ball of light, the Peggy covers, to attract us and then devoured us instead.

Note: Edited in a correction. CL7 begins at Rank 35, not 32.
  • TheDrStrange
    TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    I don't think pressing on in the event is worth it for me at this point. My dudes either get killed or I run out of health packs. I just wish there were another story event to play right now. Oh well, it'll all be over this weekend.

Generally speaking, the anniversary has been pretty awesome. I walked away with a boatload of ISO and covers, so I can't complain too much. I just need to hit that 10-pack for the season. I'll get Peggy covers some other day.
  • AntiLeni
    AntiLeni Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Every so often, this game asks me to take a survey asking how much I enjoy the game and whether I'd recommend it to a friend. I always post that I enjoy the game, but would not recommend to a friend. This event is a shining example of why.

I played World of Warcraft for a long time, and I had a love-hate relationship with it, because, as many people felt, especially around BC or so, my casual guild joked that it felt like the devs hated the players. The devs said the players "wanted things to be rare enough that not everyone had it, but not so rare that that player didn't have it," and in the end, everything just felt grindy and punishing.

I play, off and on, Marvel Heroes, because it's fun, silly, and relaxing, and completely opposite of the WoW model, the devs shower the player in stuff. Everyone can have nearly everything, including every character if you plonk down $5 or maybe $10 at a time. Maybe you don't have the awesome trinket of awesome, but it doesn't impede your ability to participate in game-wide events or explore new content.

This game feels much more like the WoW model than the Marvel Heroes model. I've mentioned to people that the roster/cover system feels borderline abusive, and this event feels straight-up abusive.

It's really just disappointing for the big finale of the Anniversary to be so punishing. I was enjoying the ISO pinatas, the anniversary tokens, even though I had terrible draws for the first 16 draws, and even the events, even though I really hate waiting for the symbiotes to cast all their powers. This event, though, makes it very likely that I'll just walk away from the game for the next few days and knit a scarf or something. At least I'll have something to show for my time.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just need to hit that 10-pack for the season. I'll get Peggy covers some other day.

My thoughts precisely. I need 500 more points to hit the 10 pack, and I still have 12 hours in Class of 2016 and all of I Choose You. Once I hit that, I am done with this joke of a celebration.

Cannot **** WAIT for the next event with SCLs so I can actually feel like I'm not just slamming my head in a car door while playing.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At the very least, run a real PVE with double ISO besides this train wreck.

Don't promise double ISO, then run THIS.
    You owe me 16K ISO per day and my 25 CP I would have gotten from any regular PVE:
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just have a simple question:

Is there a phase, after you design an event, when you have some people testing that event, actually playing it for some time?
  • theo199
    theo199 Posts: 79
    Options
    Congratulations to the TESTING TEAM again!
    GREAT JOB again!
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Alsmir wrote:
    I just have a simple question:

Is there a phase, after you design an event, when you have some people testing that event, actually playing it for some time?

I'm sure they do, I remember an interview where they were talking about a new release, and they had a misprint to say they really liked using Jessica Jones, and the next four star was Jessica Drew. It's just, I think they have sandboxed accounts and foreknowledge of what they're facing, so they have literally any and every character, championed, ready to go, and unlimited healthpacks, so they can just... see what works and feel good about it.

Neglecting that maybe. .001% of the roster has that. I really want to know how like KDN is doing on this bossrush. Cause if he is hating it, then man, like. It is a complete fail.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3 tries for now in round 4, one victory two defeats.

Please dont say this is for 95% of players this is for none. For 5 players is even worse.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2016
    Options
    After unlocking round 4 and done the first Boss battle against Green Goblin, followed by Iron Man and then Old Man Logan I decided that this garbageshit is not worth my time and efforts.

Dear Devs, you simply ruined this anniversary. Boss Rush is even worse than the first run of Galactus...and the rewards are so poor.....from my 3 tokens I've pulled 2 ares and 1 OBW....I should beat multiple times your team bosses for the following best reward: 1 storm 3 star.png green cover....ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I don't know all your players personally, but I can affirm that the totality (or almost totality) of your playarbase is disappointed. CONGRATULATIONS icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Wake me up when this mess is over icon_e_confused.gif

p.s.:You cannot see my left hand in this very moment, but you can easily imagine which one of my fingers is risen! icon_mad.gif
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's MOQ

It's an anniversary

It's raining something brown with a bad smell

No one should be surprised - statements 1 & 2 inevitably lead to statement 3
  • action711
    action711 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    How the tinykitty is it possible that we struggle against 5*, yet there is not a single 5* in the rewards?

D3 - drop the difficulty way down, and give a 5* reward for completing each round.

It's an Anniversary celebration remember
  • DalekGAF
    DalekGAF Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    Between the best friends PVP and now this-I have to wonder what the hell they were thinking. Can we please have an explanation? What's the point of turning on Double ISO if we can barely finish a round to earn ISO?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    Options
    My new tactic - start boss fight with who cares, make a move, immediately retreat, play nodes, repeat.

My ready-to-implement tactic - skip the rest of the event entirely and maybe rediscover life outside MPQ.

:edit: missed a step, if you don't make a move you get no points, nodes don't unlock.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    action711 wrote:
    How the tinykitty is it possible that we struggle against 5*, yet there is not a single 5* in the rewards?

D3 - drop the difficulty way down, and give a 5* reward for completing each round.

It's an Anniversary celebration remember

It doesn't actually need to be a drastic reduction in difficulty and giving out 5*s, if they did the former then the rewards we have now would be fine, it is just that once again they have messed up the difficulty or more likely intentionally set it too high as they are idiotically stingy by default.
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    My new tactic - start boss fight with who cares, immediately retreat, play nodes, repeat.

I'm very curious: how many points to you get if you retreat immediately? I might do that while the other nodes are still playable.

Always good to try and make something out of this type of trainwreck event that happens every now and then on MPQ.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ah yes, the return of 'you're supposed to lose'. Has it really been a year already? Tempus fugit...
    Moon Roach wrote:
    My new tactic - start boss fight with who cares, immediately retreat, play nodes, repeat.

My ready-to-implement tactic - skip the rest of the event entirely and maybe rediscover life outside MPQ.

looks like the only two options that don't make you throw the phone to the wall.

I managed to win one round 4 match with hulk/kk/storm....after roughly 35 mins....lost the next try in the first wave for roughly 2k poins....

I think I'll pick your first strategy....I'd pick the second immediately if it weren't for the alliance.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DTStump wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

I'm very curious: how many points to you get if you retreat immediately? I might do that while the other nodes are still playable.

Always good to try and make something out of this type of trainwreck event that happens every now and then on MPQ.

I imagine exactly 0.

I got +12 when hitting him with a 1* team icon_e_smile.gif
    Screenshot_2016_10_14_10_48_20.png
This discussion has been closed.