Boss Rush Event: Info & Rewards *Updated

Options

Comments

• kennardfr
    kennardfr Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Options
    The whole anniversary has been fail after fail. Apart from double iso, nothing was enjoyable, and even that was soured by events that were light on iso light Boss rush.

BFF was utter **** thanks to very badly calculated MMR. Two PvP events with characters most people don't have, a venom Bomb (which is awful by itself) with a 4* essential very few peopel have so no reward for the others (particularly without SCL) and Boss rush was the absolute worst. instead of cooperative event, it is competitive inside the alliance, and the scaling of the bosses is so awful you cannot go past round 5 apart from whales, and the only interesting rewards are the Peggy of round 6-8, which nearly nobody will get.

This game si the only one where anniversary events are so awful that they make people want to uninstall the game and go do something else that is not utter waste of time.
  • dan54321
    dan54321 Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I just made it to round six ... if anybody defeats all 3 bosses even once, I will be amazed. The Phoenix passive of generating red tiles, combined with her insane scaling, makes her utterly impossible. It's just a complete and utter slaughter, it's like sending kittens to fight a T-Rex.

Seriously, the lead game designer at D3 must have made this event out of spite as a last act against his employer before quitting. I mean, it is everything people complained about Galactus, ramped up 10x It's a big middle finger to all the players and the company.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've somehow managed to reach round 4. That is definitely as far as I'll be going. Goblin goes and pulls out a muscle and sniper goon after a couple of turns and I'm all dead a few later. The most health I've taken off him is 5K. Waste of time and I wont be sacrificing any of my weekend for this nonsense.

I shall do that retreat straight away idea and just fight the side nodes until their scaling goes to ridiculous levels tomorrow.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dan54321 wrote:
    I just made it to round six ... if anybody defeats all 3 bosses even once, I will be amazed. The Phoenix passive of generating red tiles, combined with her insane scaling, makes her utterly impossible. It's just a complete and utter slaughter, it's like sending kittens to fight a T-Rex.

Seriously, the lead game designer at D3 must have made this event out of spite as a last act against his employer before quitting. I mean, it is everything people complained about Galactus, ramped up 10x It's a big middle finger to all the players and the company.

Kitten reporting! Where's that t rex
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Who is this tiny kitty you speak of
  • Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    Wow this is insane. Have struggled to a bit through level 5. Winfinite is the not chance I have. Also need purple boosts and a favourable board. It's still been a bloodbath. Professor X's inivisibilty and tile boost has helped me win 2 rounds due to lucky tile placement. The worst part is that the node will keep increasing with difficulty every 8 hours to the point that most people won't even be able to be beaten in 1 turn fron the boss. Yes 1 turn is all it took GG level 4 to beat me. He cascaded on his move and double matched five which resulted in another cascade wiping 3 full health characters.

I just can't understand why they gave the bosses the individual health of previous boss missions but decided to make it a wave. Absolutely mind boggling decision.
  • Dark Nova
    Dark Nova Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    My new tactic - start boss fight with who cares, immediately retreat, play nodes, repeat.

Totally agree with this tactic. Send in your weakest possible team, retreat, and let your proper teams take on the nodes with full health. Absolutely no point even attempting to beat the Bosses. Round 4 and they're already at level 394.

This whole celebration has inspired me to plan my next birthday party at the dentist, with complimentary hot sticks for everyone to poke into their eyes.....because clearly that's what constitutes fun these days.

If Demiurge manages to retain enough players to keep the game going until its next birthday, they should just run standard events with TRIPLE ISO and be done with it. Whoever designed this year's events should probably start getting their CV in order.
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Orion wrote:
    I just got my 1st shot at round 5:

My team - level 458 OML / level 454 Surfer / boosted champed Winter Soldier (really, his nukes are good against these bosses)

Enemy team - level 503-511 bosses (Ha!)

Goblin - 87k health
    Cap - 92k health
    OML - 93k health

Got to OML but he wrecked me. They had so much green built up that he sliced me every turn until I was dead.

There's fun, but this is not fun. THIS IS ROUND FIVE!! This would be challenging as round 7 or 8, not round 5.

This is excellent post. If even people with rosters like that are finding it ridiculous, then who is this event designed for? One shouldn't be needing 5* champions before one even gets to the 4* reward, or even for any 4* reward. It should be doable with a 4* roster all the way up to round 8.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dark Nova wrote:
    Whoever designed this year's events should probably start getting their CV in order.

I've only been playing for about 6 months, but given what I've heard about last year's anniversary, and looking at this one, history suggests that they'll probably be given carte blanche to **** up next year in ways that we can't even imagine.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    Options
    DTStump wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    My new tactic - start boss fight with who cares, immediately retreat, play nodes, repeat.

I'm very curious: how many points to you get if you retreat immediately? I might do that while the other nodes are still playable.

Always good to try and make something out of this type of trainwreck event that happens every now and then on MPQ.

As NighteyesGrisu said, 0. :edit: Which is why you have to make a move first, something I stupidly omitted from my initial post.

It just got too frustrating to spend 10 minutes managing to beat Goblin and IM46, only to be destroyed by OML in seconds with a couple of nonchalant waves of his claws. I'll take the rewards for nodes while they're still attainable, though the rewards that end up being boosts are a tad annoying.

My 3/5/4 Peggy is very sad...
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,740 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am a 3* player. 2x4* champs. I will clear R5. Almost there, but I can appreciate it's because my boss scaling is a bit lower to allow me to get winifinite going. I have 3 turns to make a 5 match or I'm dead. SW tile doesn't even come into it. If Goblin gets a 4 match I have two turns.

It's so laughably terrible I'm actually enjoying myself.

If the whole of winfinite was max boosted for this event I may have stood a chance in R6.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2016
    Options
    If they gave equal amounts ISO for the damage you did to the bosses, I'd be OK with this system. Especially since we aren't getting hardly any rewards during this event. At least we'd coming away with something
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I agree that this event is awful, just because of the scaling. I'm on Round 4 and I'm getting smoked easily now. At least the Anniversary Vault has been good!
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It has?

I've opened 20 Anniversary tokens & not got any 4*'s or LR
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm not inviting the game designer to any of my "celebrations"

He'd probably turn up with a baseball bat & a chainsaw!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm basically hate-playing the game at this point. I can't wait until all this anniversary shenanigans ends and we can go back to getting real rewards with PVE SCL.

After three anniversaries, I still don't have a fully-covered Devil Dino, so it will take over 4 years of playing this game for that to happen.

Nothing like beating 150,000 total hit points after a stressful 10-minute battle, requiring health packs and whales, to find out you only won 24,000 event points and are expected to do it again many more time. NO THANK YOU.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    action711 wrote:
    How the tinykitty is it possible that we struggle against 5*, yet there is not a single 5* in the rewards?

D3 - drop the difficulty way down, and give a 5* reward for completing each round.

It's an Anniversary celebration remember

THIS. This game is moving toward 5*s. Why are there none being rewarded? Why would you reward 3*s along the way and then as top alliance rewards? It should have been 4*s along the way and 5*s for top prizes (and sure, along the way too).
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This event makes me really thinking about quitting. Round3 Goblin hits so hard, I wiped 3 of 4 times. R3! I will not grind the nodes because this is just awful design. I will not give it credits to be part of it(this event).

When people are thinking about quitting because anniversary-events (fun, great rewards for all, etc.), you better rework it.
  • Dekliko1978
    Options
    Ok, we all know where people work, mistakes will be made. But I just don't understand how the same mistakes can happen again and again. Just about every alliance/boss event has been full of bugs.
    And after/during each event the players wonder about the same thing; do you guys actually test the event before you release it? I'm sure you guys are testing the product, but without inserting the inevitable comments (maybe you shouldn't let monkey test it, but actual people), maybe you should make use of the enormous potential otherwise known as your playerbase.
    History has shown that the forumites need about 1,2 seconds after an event release to post all the bugs/flaws onto the forums. So might be wise to use that to your advantage.

I'm 100% confident there will be many players who would be willing to spend 100's of hours testing the game for free.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Jexman wrote:
    I agree that this event is awful, just because of the scaling. I'm on Round 4 and I'm getting smoked easily now. At least the Anniversary Vault has been good!

Yes, awesome Anniversary Vault! I was so happy going in having good vaults, and didn't even mind the BFF event because I managed to come out with some of the progression awards. Venom Bomb was even fun too since I got to use Dino to eat everyone. Then I got so excited to see Peggy covers. She was my first 4* cover and I loved playing with her until her few covers got outscaled. A few more would make her viable again for me in some fights. I knew my alliance would easily score them all. And then this crushing disappointment happened.

I've got zero chance at the bosses. I have by far the weakest roster in my alliance, but in the last two boss battles I've found creative ways to make some clears and boost our score. Even that incentive has been taken away for this one. I'd rather spend my time getting my teeth kicked in by 4 and 5* star players in Versus instead. At least someone will get some value out of it.
This discussion has been closed.