Boss Rush Event: Info & Rewards *Updated

Options

Comments

• SeraphimLP
    Options
    I made it until round 4 with my 3* roster. No 5* and a few useless undercovered 4*. I was very lucky with the board one time in round 4 with Human Torch, 3* Hulk and IM40, so I could get to boss 3, almost won the fight and got a lot of points. But now I can´t get past GG, he´s so overpowered! 584 damage every match he does, cascades or critical damage are very very bad. He spawns CD tiles, protects them, reduces them, heals himself, spawns his henchmen and does damage like crazy (one CD tile is ~2100 damage, even Hulk with 17k HP can´t survive this for a long time).

Even Deadpool´s whales or Ghost Rider´s Penance Stare are useless here (I used them in Civil War as team-ups, where they was very useful!), because you simply get wrecked by the next boss. What to do? I don´t know. But you can´t tell me this is work as intended. I think, this should be an alliance event, because I got a message before I started, it says that I´m fighting with my alliance members even if I would leave the alliance. I hope, they´ll fix this soon.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sentry is an essential? C'mon...that's just rude.
  • guib
    guib Posts: 83 Match Maker
    edited October 2016
    Options
    the misunderstanding is that we all thought 'Anniversary' meant 3rd year anniversary of MPQ
    Actually they are just celebrating 1st year anniversary of 'Youre supposed to lose' knocking themselves out and laughing their *** off icon_evil.gif
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While the MPQ community has scared the devs away through incessant vitriol and attacks, and given that this is still the case (especially since the beginning of Boss Rush), we the community still deserve a reply. And a fix. And some sort of notification on how this can be redone, hopefully with some incentive to actually complete it.

I will not reiterate what has been said ad nauseam, though I'd certainly like to.

Please respond. Please tell us how this can be repaired.

Thank you.
  • DeadLegend
    DeadLegend Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I normally just lurk on the forums, check the updates and what have you, but this game mode made me create an account just to say how much distaste I have for this mode. The scaling is completely off, the point values are out of this world and the boss's AP cost is way to low. How is anyone expected to get 1.2 million points in this event without taking out a loan with the bank to buy all the health packs your going to need.

I think the devs have a deal with the liquor companies because Boss Rush just causes me to drink heavily.

I've played 400+ days in a row and this event may be the one that causes me to give up on this game. I'm fighting 359+ bosses each round and I only have one max 4 star character. By the time I make it to last round OML destroys me.

I'm so frustrated right now.....

Happy anniversary right?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Using all champs: Phoenix/Cho/KP

Beat round 4 all four times - every time felt lucky.
    Beat round 5 two of five times - still felt lucky for those. Had to go into final round with a ton of boosted strike tiles from Phoenix...so had to have massive cascades/luck in previous rounds.

Round 6 boss 1: This OML doesn't come in with red/green, no problem! Phoenix strike tiles out!
    Round 6 boss 2: What's this? My best character needs red tiles out...this boss eats all red tiles?

I beat OML with match damage, and my team was at high health. Phoenix did....a lot of things. She passed the turn back and KP was dead, Cho was mostly dead, and my Phoenix was dead and her revival tile had been destroyed.

I've calculated out that if I decide to wipe like that twelve more times, I'd get a Red Peggy! Sounds like D3 has put HP purchases back in for covers....all you have to do is spend that HP on health packs! So, are 36 health packs worth one Red peggy cover (note: 4/2/1 would really have preferred the other colors....)

I'm pretty much done with this garbage-fest of an event. What a slap in the face after the anniversary had been going...fine I guess....
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The battles play like "you're supposed to lose", yet the points rewarded are along the lines of "you're required to win". So if I wipe most battles, then I'll barely make it past winning a 3* cover. Great.

PS. Good-bye, healthpacks!!
  • Baloobear
    Options
    I usually don`t post anything here, but I just had to stop by to say how disappointing the boss rush event is.
    This is not even funny. Round 4 and there is no way to beat them. The scaling here is ridiculous.

I`m done with this **** event.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Round 6 update! Yes, I made it to round 6.

Roster: champed OML/SS/Bucky

1st boss - OML. Yeah, not nice
    2nd boss - Phoenix

Just don't. Don't even play this level if you want to keep your sanity. Phoenix is literally impossible to beat. Well over 100k health, she creates 5 red tiles a turn, then when there's a certain number on the board she destroys them all and collects the red AP. She uses the red AP to 1-shot someone and destroy all of your AP.

Tl;dr - abandon all hope, ye who enter round 6.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Orion wrote:

2nd boss - Phoenix

Just don't. Don't even play this level if you want to keep your sanity. Phoenix is literally impossible to beat. Well over 100k health, she creates 5 red tiles a turn, then when there's a certain number on the board she destroys them all and collects the red AP. She uses the red AP to 1-shot someone and destroy all of your AP.

I just got to round 6 and was waiting for health packs to regen, but after reading that, I might just stop now.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    (apologies if I'm repeating a point already made in this very long thread or in one of the many closed down threads from yesterday.)

So I'm in round 5 with around 233,513 pts, I'm facing 394-401 lvl boss waves, whose total health is over 100K. GR's Penance Stare is barely getting me by. I look at the progression rewards and notice that at 395,500 pts (where I'll be in at least 6 round if not 7, and facing god knows what in scaling by then) I'll get a.....

star.pngstar.pngicon_storm.png

Who is this for again? Who planned that out and thought it made any sense?

UPDATE: Apparently I'll be fighting a Phoenix who wipes the party if you give her a turn, for that star.pngstar.png character!

On the plus side, I got a Peggy yellow cover from the LT I got from the star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Crash this morning.
    (trying to stay positive) icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_smile.gificon_e_wink.gificon_e_sad.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_evil.gif
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    At this point I'm thinking D3s gift to us for their anniversary was the weekend off icon_neutral.gif
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    cyineedsn wrote:
    Orion wrote:

2nd boss - Phoenix

I just got to round 6 and was waiting for health packs to regen, but after reading that, I might just stop now.

I will say, that even losing horribly to Phoenix still got me 16k points out of a possible 20k. So you can progress fairly well even though you're getting your butt kicked. I expect I'll be able to finish round 6 and possibly further.
  • BlackRose11
    BlackRose11 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Going against the grain here a bit. I am currently at the point of champing all the 3*s I intend to, and have maybe 2 usable 4*s and am, in round 5, facing 351-358 5*s. And it hasn't been...that bad? I know it will get worse, but...

With a team of GSBW, IM40 (~lvl 180) and 285lvl Silver Surfer, I'm almost at round 6 and have, in total, lost three times (once in wave 1, because I was unlucky with the yellows, and twice because OML had over 20 greens waiting for him). They generate a ton of AP, shake the board, and SS tanks and heals. So, overall, it has been more difficult for me than regular Boss events, but nowhere near Galactus last year. Do miss alliance progression, however. It was more fun icon_e_smile.gif

Maybe my scaling is off, or something icon_e_biggrin.gif

All together, the anniversary has been ok for me so far. I'm only reaching for the 10 pack in Season, so can't complain there (and I didn't get offered a ton of 5*s in BFF, so, yay!). Double ISO has made champing everyone I wanted to possible, and annivarsry vault has been good (although I have a feeling I got more Annivarsary tokens last year).

I understand everyone's complaints, however. If they want to test out new things they should make it clear what it is, and, if they REALLY want to do it during the annivarsary, do it at the beginning, so they can make up for it some, later (like last year)
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This had been a pretty good anniversary week, until...

k7en7XQ.gif
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Orion wrote:

2nd boss - Phoenix

Yeah, OML died by an unexpected cascade which meant Phoenix got the first turn. 1/2 health level 453 OML, and roughly full health 420 Phoenix and I didn't even sniff a turn. The reds she created caused a cascade that nearly took out OML, then she did some green power to kill him and followed it up with her red to take out my Phoenix. I couldn't even pretend to make a move.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    This had been a pretty good anniversary week, until...

k7en7XQ.gif

I just dont really get it. They manage to surprise us over and over again, but always in a negative way.

The anniversary week has been quite good, vault was good, and was quite easy to get tokens. Double iso was great. Events where meh. And then the big event, and they blew it COMPLETELY, this is even worse than the Infamous Galaktus run.

Amazing, I just find it almost impossible to do it as bad as Devs do sometimes.

WORST EVENT EVER.
  • Skybourne
    Options
    LOL, so I checked out this thread to get some hints on how to beat some of these Boss Rush levels. My Alliance is at round 4. After reading this thread, I'll just quit MPQ for a few days and enjoy my weekend. I agree, Anniversary has been fun so far....... but now I'll just wait for it to be over.
  • Markot
    Markot Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    I was glad to see Peggy as reward. She is the only 4* who doesn't have all powers in my roster (curently her build is 300). As I'm in strong alliance (usually top 2 in pve) and was doing well personally in all previous boss events, I was sure my Peggy is going to be 411. But now my hope is gone. If lucky, I will beat round 6 and she goes 400.

I don't like Venom Bomb because its hard, but it is hard for everybody else too and so with several hundred points left on board (finished with 96137 points total) I was still able to end 1st and got three 4* covers, 25cp from progression and few more cp from sub placement. Boss Rush is even more frustrating, consumes much more health packs and boosts and the reward will be maybe one 4* cover and no cp from progression. icon_e_sad.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cleared Round 5
    Record 3 wins, 2 losses
    Started Round 6
    Record 1 loss
This discussion has been closed.