Options

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]*Update: 1:25 PM 10/14/16

Greetings, all.

The dev team wanted to let everyone know they have been reading your feedback and taking it into consideration. Here's word from Anthony at Demiurge:
      "Hey everyone, We're trying a bunch of new stuff with the initial run of Boss Rush and we appreciate hearing your thoughts. We'll look at our data to see how people did and combine that with the feedback to help improve future runs of the event. Thanks for playing the event, and keep the feedback coming!"

Thank you.
    This isn't even a diplomatic response, there's no apology, no oops we over tuned it, not even something beyond our control went wrong.
    No we get, thanks for the feed back, we're just going to sit back and watch
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    "David wrote:

Greetings, all.

The dev team wanted to let everyone know they have been reading your feedback and taking it into consideration. Here's word from Anthony at Demiurge:
      "Hey everyone, We're trying a bunch of new stuff with the initial run of Boss Rush and we appreciate hearing your thoughts. We'll look at our data to see how people did and combine that with the feedback to help improve future runs of the event. Thanks for playing the event, and keep the feedback coming!"

Thank you.
    This isn't even a diplomatic response, there's no apology, no oops we over tuned it, not even something beyond our control went wrong.
    No we get, thanks for the feed back, we're just going to sit back and watch

You're assuming something went wrong. It seems like things are going as they intended. Whether we like it or not is a different story.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 701 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    "David wrote:

Greetings, all.

Thank you.

David, I got no beef with you. You're cool, and you're doing an impossible job. I appreciate that you do it.

The devs can tinykitty right off. That is an incomprehensible, inexcusable response to a problem for which they are directly responsible.

Madness.

Wow, that's similar to what I told Ice last year. I got a week's vacation from the forums for it.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think we need to rename anniversary week to the annual vet purge. The past 2 have come out with rediculously hard boss battles thinking it is suppose to be fun. Galactus would kill you in 3 moves, but if you used Hulk, Profesor X, XFW you could win because it was one enemy and had low enough health it could work. Now in round 6 not 8, but round 6 each boss has 90K health. 90 tiny kitty thousand health!! So you have 270k health to kill while they can do massive damage for 7 AP. The bosses can do over 1k damage for a match 3. What this means is players just lose. What is round 8 going to look like? If I have a championed OML and level 420 SS and can't win in round 6 what is the majority of the player base going to do? You have given us a horrible 4* buff list, none of the bosses can't be stunned. You have officially made a worse event than the first galactus run.

Let the annual vet purge commence!!!
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This was what ran through my head at the official response:

xsBxWOU.png
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    56334611.jpg

HAH! I totally forgot about this episode, thanks for the laugh.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    I think we need to rename anniversary week to the annual vet purge. The past 2 have come out with rediculously hard boss battles thinking it is suppose to be fun. Galactus would kill you in 3 moves, but if you used Hulk, Profesor X, XFW you could win because it was one enemy and had low enough health it could work. Now in round 6 not 8, but round 6 each boss has 90K health. 90 tiny kitty thousand health!! So you have 270k health to kill while they can do massive damage for 7 AP. The bosses can do over 1k damage for a match 3. What this means is players just lose. What is round 8 going to look like? If I have a championed OML and level 420 SS and can't win in round 6 what is the majority of the player base going to do? You have given us a horrible 4* buff list, none of the bosses can't be stunned. You have officially made a worse event than the first galactus run.

Let the annual vet purge commence!!!

Round 7 is Banner, SS, Galactus so round 8 is probably phoenix and oml in those first two waves to ensure you take some dmg before the final wave.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 701 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've thrown some money at this game over the last three years, maybe one or two hundred bucks. Nobody will ever confuse me with a whale, and in the grand scheme that two hundred dollars probably doesn't mean much, but I think I've just transitioned to free-to-play. No matter how frustrating it might be to have to sell a new character because I don't have the HP to roster it, I think I'll be voting with my wallet.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Events like this make me want to quit the game. This whole season has been pretty mediocre up to this point and Boss Rush has made it the worst one yet. The fact that nothing was learned from last Anniversary's feedback makes me question my decision to continue being a part of this game and community. I'm sick of being ignored. I'm sick of being patronized (you're supposed to fail). I'm sick of paying money for something that isn't enjoyable (I stepped buying regularly 3 months ago).

If this game is to last the 10 years that the devs think it will then some major changes are going to need to be made.

More community engagement.
    Listen to the community, not just a few big spenders.
    Test your events better, because I KNOW there was no way there was time to test this event properly with NYCC happening at the same time.
    Compensate better when you screw something up.
    Provide better customer service.

Demiurge, when you start losing the favor of your sponsored players, and i think sponsored is an appropriate term since they recieve a monthly stipend if in game currency/goods, you reely should pay attention.

This is not fun for anyone

First of all, lmao.

Second, VERY true.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,377 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In my opinion the concept of the event isn't all that bad. However I think the devs/designers too easily passed by the fact that players don't like to lose. (You should know that since Galactus). Especially if they spend a lot of time and effort to expand their roster and characters. To make matters worse, because of the whole F2P timer healing scheme you got going, it makes this game even less fitting for a type of event where you'll get your **** kicked sooner or later.

Just to throw out some thoughts here:
    • A lot of players were very disappointed this wasn't a cooperative event
    • Even if it was your intention to make the boss waves 'outrank' all players eventually, the difficulty ramped up too high too early. Both in power damage and in match damage
    • Also, if the losing is by design.... make the distinction between this and other fights more clear in-game somehow, because it's such a different concept. Also important, the characters you fought with should be healed up after the boss wave. You should not be penalized with health pack costs for a match that's designed to be too hard to handle.
    • The bosses are already *very* strong on their own. They are unstunnable. They have high HP, which means it will take a while to bring them down. This makes AP collection over multiple waves by the AI a real problem. I bet that a lot of losses in 2nd and 3rd waves will be due to the AI having banked a lot of AP in colors it didn't need earlier. So it can lay down the smack on you in a new wave. I know this is exactly what players do in wave nodes, but when playing the AI this sucks big time. Maybe this could be mitigated by giving the bosses an extra passive, that drains ALL AP when they die.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As awful as this PVE has been I have been thoroughly enjoying reading this thread. I thought that maybe since I'm a relative newbie with my 2-3* team that might be the problem but to know that Boss Rush is universally loathed is very comforting.

I tossed in the towel when I got to round 3 and saw how many points I needed to get to 4 just to get 1 crummy token. The smallest bone they could've thrown would've been to toss heroic tokens instead of standards for beating the missions.

Hopefully I can get a little something out of PVP even though that has been pretty miserable too with all the 4 and 5* characters popping up in all of the matchups.
  • Gargamel86
    Gargamel86 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I didn't manage to read all posts by now, but someone had a suggestion that the teammates you use for the boss fight get back to full health after the fight (not from the side missions though), and i totally agree that if this has been the case, this event would have had quite a different light to it.

My summary of this event such as it is:
    - I won't go far by using 3* characters (I didn't even try after round 3), I have none of my 4* champions boosted to do some major damage (I use Hulkbuster, Kingpin and the Thing as main team for best results) and the 5* chars I have are max leveled at 300, so no luck with the roster;
    - The placement rewards are not quite lucrative;
    - The progression rewards (excluding Peggy Carter and the 25 CP at the end - if I manage to get to them) are meh (overall a health pack, a Stockpile, 5700 ISO; 50 HP; 2 x 2* covers; 1 x 3* cover, 4 x Anniversary and 2 x Boss Rush tokens);
    - I am guaranteed to lose my health packs in 3 boss rounds by using one team, then incapacitate 9 more of my best players (to get most points) in the other 3 boss rounds, plus the side missions get more difficult, so that means more teammates injured or downed, and all this in one (dedicated to finish fully) 8 hour round.

I have always liked alliance events, and have looked forward to them, but there is neither fun nor motivation in playing this event. It is disappointing to see this wasted opportunity for a possibly very fun event that, in my opinion, could have been well executed just by simply not downing the teammates used in the boss battle.
  • Uber303
    Uber303 Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    Well this is a lose/lose event for everyone.

came off as just a cash spinner for the devs rather than anything to award the loyal player base,

This anniversary the only thing it had going for it was the double ISO.

Who wants devil Dino covers anyway?

Pffft devs get your compensation out and be generous cos this is an epic fail and you have a lot of unhappy customers/players.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm a recent 3* player with a dozen champed, all at or under 176, and enough 4*s to be able to access most of the side nodes but mainly with 1 or 2 covers.

A lot has been been said that I agree with here, so I'll just add that the Boss Rush was a huge disappointment for me as well and not much fun after the first few rounds.

A few hopefully constructive wish-list thoughts if you do decide to run this event again in the future:
      I would suggest you boost
    all the characters. A lot. This would allow those of us with lower tier rosters to have a better selection of options to try.
      Don't have required characters for the side missions, if you still think they are needed. I was having fun in those long after the main event became not fun and started sacrificing low-level guys to the bosses to keep playing them. But not having all of the 4*s sucks. Why punish newer players by having a barrier to participate? They should have as many chances as anyone else to get a solid **** whooping.
      Give us a way to see what we will be facing before we commit. The unknown aspect of a wave fight is usually fun, but for opponents of this magnitude not so much.
      If we exit or crash
    before our first move do not count it as a loss, do not deduct boosts, do not injure the team. (I'd like to suggest for all missions actually).

There have been some other great suggestions in the thread, and I hope you take them all under consideration.
  • northnorth
    northnorth Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Dear devs,

You suck!
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Feels weird being the only person that didn't hate this event in the slightest. In fact, I thoroughly enjoyed the event and I'm going to be out of round 6 and into round 7 soon.

My roster isn't even fully developed (don't go off of my signature, it's more developed than that), but I've had a great time with the event. It was challenging, but certainly not unfair. The bosses feel like BOSSES, not just glorified minion nodes. I cracked through level 5 of it without losing a single person, and level 6 I'm usually making it to SS and from there it's a coin flip because of attrition.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    all 3 boss's health combined should never be more than 1 boss of that same round in a regular boss event.

p.s. never run this event ever again, lol.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Blahahah wrote:
    Feels weird being the only person that didn't hate this event in the slightest. In fact, I thoroughly enjoyed the event and I'm going to be out of round 6 and into round 7 soon.

My roster isn't even fully developed (don't go off of my signature, it's more developed than that), but I've had a great time with the event. It was challenging, but certainly not unfair. The bosses feel like BOSSES, not just glorified minion nodes. I cracked through level 5 of it without losing a single person, and level 6 I'm usually making it to SS and from there it's a coin flip because of attrition.

That's great news for you blahahah. Glad someone is having fun if most of the rest of us are not. What does your scaling look like? My round 6 bosses are level 409-412, and even when i do win, the matches take me 15 minutes or more each (plus subnodes). It's a real pain in the **** finding the time to do that sort of grind.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Considering how the game devs like to make $$$ in their events, a part of me believe that the extraordinary scaling increase in successive rounds was by design in the hopes that players desperate for those peggy covers will buy tons and tons of heals. But it won't take that all-important data to foresee that this won't be the case for the majority of the players. They will simply quit playing the event (myself included).

Well, I have a shot at t100 season, so my playing time will focus on the pvp side instead. Good luck everyone! icon_cool.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    "David wrote:

Greetings, all.

Thank you.

David, I got no beef with you. You're cool, and you're doing an impossible job. I appreciate that you do it.

The devs can tinykitty right off. That is an incomprehensible, inexcusable response to a problem for which they are directly responsible.

Madness.

Wow, that's similar to what I told Ice last year. I got a week's vacation from the forums for it.

Don't worry, they made sure to reprimand me for it. Because that's of greater concern than fixing this dumpster fire.
This discussion has been closed.