Options

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Esheris wrote:
    ...but anything negative is just deleted off these forums.

If you read the 26 pages of this topic alone I think you'll agree that negative feedback is allowed. There are forum rules though that need to be followed. When posts go over the line they can be removed. Please keep posts constructive and leave out insults and calls to flame and troll.

We definitely appreciate everyone keeping the forums a decent place to hang out (even if you are feeling frustrated). Thanks.

Negative feedback is generally allowed hifi, and players do sometimes (frequently?) stray across the line into personal attacks. But you (amd mods) have also occasionally strayed over the line and shut down certain "undesirable" but very relevant topics of conversation (cough*baked goods *cough) so we players have some justification for cynicism too.

That said, despite some aggressive threadlocking earlier today, this particular discission about boss rush has been allowed to proceed more or less unchecked in all its ugly glory (and given the content-free statememt from demi, that ugliness seems likely to proceed). So thanks for doing your job under less than ideal circumstances hifi!
  • statnut
    statnut Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I tapped out last night/this morning when I saw the crazy scaling. Upside, I got my anniversary 10-pack from versus and got x-23 purple (first one) and another devil Dino. Gonna just do ddq this weekend and move on.

Feedback: scaling was awful and made the event unplayable. Not fun, not worth going back to.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    whitecat31 wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]*Update: 1:25 PM 10/14/16

Greetings, all.

The dev team wanted to let everyone know they have been reading your feedback and taking it into consideration. Here's word from Anthony at Demiurge:
      "Hey everyone, We're trying a bunch of new stuff with the initial run of Boss Rush and we appreciate hearing your thoughts. We'll look at our data to see how people did and combine that with the feedback to help improve future runs of the event. Thanks for playing the event, and keep the feedback coming!"

Translation: We are sorry about the fact that we failed in scaling, play testing, not noticing all the champs have the strongest color of yellow (making your xforce ability useless) and the fact we forget anniversary events are supposed to be fun. Please also forget we claimed we would learn from out last mistakes when we ran Galactus. Have fun pounding sand while we enjoy our weekend.

56334611.jpg
  • IlyaF
    IlyaF Posts: 47
    Options
    David Hi-Fi, sorry to post offtopic, but since you seem to be reading this thread, can I please ask you to look into my ticket? I did not get 2 Gwenpool covers after BFF PVP on Monday, I filed a ticket, and I am still waiting for the covers. There are others on the forums complaining about this as well. My ticket # is 259801. Please help me get this resolved.
  • Vomit Fountain
    Vomit Fountain Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I know I'm just adding to the same chorus here but I really have to express how disappointed I am in this event. The ridiculous scaling has made this event an unwinnable grind for me which, oddly enough, isn't on my list of "fun things".
    I'm not inspired to try to improve my roster since even the top tier players can't seem to make any headway in this event either. I'm not inspired to buy health packs since the rewards aren't commensurate with the effort needed, I'm getting better rewards from the Deadpool Dailies for tiny kitty's sake! The only thing that it's inspired me to do is sit the rest of the event out and avoid it if it ever returns to MPQ. Please, for the love of tiny kittens everywhere, don't ever run this event in this form again.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Esheris wrote:

If you read the 26 pages of this topic alone I think you'll agree that negative feedback is allowed. There are forum rules though that need to be followed. When posts go over the line they can be removed. Please keep posts constructive and leave out insults and calls to flame and troll.

We definitely appreciate everyone keeping the forums a decent place to hang out (even if you are feeling frustrated). Thanks.

This is true, and we appreciate the ability to Kvetch at you civilly. I will say I sympathize with you for having to be the bearer of this news. But I also have to say that this event has taken most of the strategy out of the game again. I will play Puzzle quest if it feels like a puzzle. If it feels like there is a key to it. I will not play PUZZLE quest, if it feels like a slot machine.

There is in theory a strategy to GG. Deny black so he doesn't get minions who will feed him and affect future challenges, attempt to deny purple so he can't stun lock your team into oblivion. (Why can he stun lock you, but you can't stun him?)

There is a strategy to Ultron, I recall it well. Sadly that Strategy doesn't work at all against Hulk, or OML or Goblin, or Phoenix.

There is a Strategy to Civil Tony. Sadly it also doesn't work against anyone else.

There is a Strategy to almost all the bosses, and we would do them. But not to multiple bosses back to back, with no information, and feeders. (Why would you have Feeders?) Also regardless of level and power of your characters, almost everyone you've altered from a non existing run, deals damage like a minion, leading to cascades that can do a characters full health bar with ease. At every level. For every player of the game. I have people in my alliance complaining of having their tankiest character One shot on the first turn. That has happened to me. I have also seen people with champed 5 stars who can complain that they lose a team member on the FIRST TURN!

In this case you have not given us enough information to even attempt the puzzle. I'll go back to my post on Big G's first run. This can't feel like, A slot machine, like there is no chance without an amazing board, and continued good luck. And there is no strategy for three different mass level threats, that you have no foreknowledge of, when any one of which can eradicate your team, by turn four.

I want to believe this was playtested. But, I can't believe that if it was, it was playtested by non sandboxed accounts. Please, make the game playable to even 10% of us. Because I am halfway through round 5, and I am completely tapping out.
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2016
    Options
    "David wrote:

Greetings, all.

The dev team wanted to let everyone know they have been reading your feedback and taking it into consideration. Here's word from Anthony at Demiurge:
      "Hey everyone, We're trying a bunch of new stuff with the initial run of Boss Rush and we appreciate hearing your thoughts. We'll look at our data to see how people did and combine that with the feedback to help improve future runs of the event. Thanks for playing the event, and keep the feedback coming!"

Thank you.

Oh, so someONE did bother to check how the event was received before going home 'til Monday!

So you aren't going to do anything? Nothing at all? icon_eek.gif

Hey man have a nice weekend doing NOTHING icon_exclaim.gif

/end of feedback

No, wait. On the slim chance that this thread won't be locked, not read at all and ignored:

Ditto:
    It really is unbelievable in how awful you are at communicating. You lack the communicative skills to inform your player base about events up front. Then when you give a broken product to your customers which obviously hasn't been tested before releasing it, you just wave your middle finger around by saying: we know we put a broken product out there, but please keep on posting it's broken while we will be enjoying our weekend and spending the money we earned from all of you.
  • loslupus77
    loslupus77 Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Esheris wrote:

It sure would be nice if reds also felt that the forums are a decent place to hang out and communicated in a proper and timely manner, so gamers wouldn't be so enraged.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:

Greetings, all.

Thank you.
    PLEASE,PLEASE turn down votes on just for this thread
  • BillyBobJoe
    BillyBobJoe Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Seems like the community is giving feedback on the ridiculous Boss Rush event. I'm in the middle of round 6, and I'd be surprised if anyone makes it to round 8. (Unless you have maxed camped 5*)

1. One Boss health surpasses the collective health of my team. Wouldn't be too bad if it weren't for...

2. Cheap (6-7ap) ...

3. overpowered abilities that do 10k+ dmg....

4. That fire every other turn thanks to...

5. The self feeding passives EVERY TURN.

I think the masochist in me may put a couple tries into it. But I just refuse to waste health packs on it. The rewards just aren't worth the effort. should be a legendary token drop everything if you manage to beat all 3 in one go.

...I only beat Surfer once in round 6. Must've been an accident since I'm suppose to lose

*Edit*- #6. I forgot the huge match damage (~1500+ a match). So when OML hits you in the face with 7 green, the cascade damage will add another 5k-10k of damage to the move. Good luck bringing anything less than the boosted 4* to the match!
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:

Greetings, all.

Thank you.

Thanks for the update.

I would like to say to Anthony, I think "looking at our data" is (and always has been) the wrong approach to this type of stuff.

The data only tells you how many attempted and beat it. It doesn't tell you how much fun people are actually having in the event. For example, I'm personally willing to keep slogging through this, because I really want the Peggy covers, and I might or might not making it through all 8 rounds, but it's incredibly unfun and makes me less motivated to play the game in the future.

It's clear you have some people on the team that really love analytics and big data, but that's honestly been a big misstep for you guys throughout the history of the game. With so many events, scaling, and nerfs/buffs, you guys have analysed usage and participation data, but you've clearly missed the player experience on a huge majority of them and lost playerbase because of it. You need people who can look at knowledgeable feedback and player experience in order to get a better view.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    started to make a long, drawn out post. F it. nobody cares. this event is the single worst event I've come across in mpq. never run it again please. thanks.
    Seconded.

The event is bad enough. Horrible enough. "You're supposed to lose!" level horrible. But that blowoff from Anthony?

Not one more dime. Ever.
  • 9fingers
    9fingers Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The event being too hard for players wouldnt be a problem - theyd understand if it was the first time it had happened, but it isn't. Next time why not make it a little easy. That way players get the amazing rewards (like 3*storm) so are happy and can feed back positively asking for it to be harder if they want to.

It couldve been great fun. It is a good idea. Perhaps a little more testing is needed before release.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got through round 4. My thoughts:
    Too hard
    Not fun
    Had enough

Time to find another game
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    The data only tells you how many attempted and beat it. It doesn't tell you how much fun people are actually having in the event. For example, I'm personally willing to keep slogging through this, because I really want the Peggy covers, and I might or might not making it through all 8 rounds, but it's incredibly unfun and makes me less motivated to play the game in the future.

This is a very, very relevant point. There are players among us who are complete masochists and Peggy is a big chase 4*. Certain team combinations are capable of slowly chewing through the stupidly high HP of each boss and some people will take full advantage of that even if each match takes 25-30 minutes. Chances are that those willing to do so can actually clear all the way through R8, but they're going to be miserable doing it.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    edited October 2016
    Options
    "David wrote:

Greetings, all.

Thank you.

DETESTABLE! In every sense of the word. Truly. Shame on the bean counters and the programmers.

And, what's worse is, you all had the GALL to be at Comic Con, on live streams, and in several online publications, hyping this specific event up. AND THIS is what you invited everyone to take part in?????

What's the definition of masochism, again?
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm a Day 810 player with what I think of as a pretty strong roster (L340 3/3/3 OML, other assorted 5* at L255, 17x Champed 4*, and all 3*s champed, besides). I'm often a premium player, buying HP pretty regularly, especially when it's on sale. I enjoy the game, I typically enjoy supporting it.

I'm mostly a lurker that doesn't normally post, but I felt it important that another/different player's feedback be added to the steaming pile, less D3 think that it's only a few players that keep repeating themselves...

I was initially excited at the prospect of new content in the form of Boss Rush. I *LOVE* the Alliance-centric events where I get play cooperatively with my mates. Those are my favorite events. I'm fortunate enough to belong to a good alliance that has completed all similar events in the past (Galactus, Ultron, Civil War, etc), so I was excited when I first heard Peggy covers were being offered. I thought I'd be able to fully cover my 3/3/4 Peggy.

But of course, I hadn't quite realized the rest of the ...uninteresting prizes on the list. And that it turns out Boss Rush is *NOT* cooperative Alliance-play (well, not really, the weak alliance-rank prizes not withstanding), it's each player for himself.

And that's just the first problem with Boss Rush.

The Boss matches are incredibly difficult. Previous Boss fights have always been against one target, that topped out at 60-70k hit points or so, in the final rounds. Those were hard enough. I'm only in round 5 and I'm facing THREE consecutive foes, EACH with 50k+ hit points, and a couple of them call in reinforcements/allies and/or have self-healing. Not to mention they hit like a truck, so the event is health-pack intensive...

The out of control scaling might not be so bad if I was facing one such foe, but three? Fuggettaboutit... By round 3 I was already losing... That took me by surprise. I think I only won a single match in round 4, and so far in round 5 I've only won 1 match, and RNGesus blessed me with a good board throughout that one... I've heard nightmares about R6...

I'm quite disappointed with this. icon_e_confused.gificon_e_sad.gif

I play other games that have players dance through hoops to get Anniversary or other Special Event prizes (holidays, etc.), but that's all it is... silly, fun activities... It's cakewalk stuff they have you doing just so you'll show up, but basically those events are excuses for the Company to thank it's playerbase and shower them with gifts.

Double-ISO has been great, but otherwise, Anniversary Year Three gets a thumbs down from me.

Thanks for listening.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Felonius wrote:
    I play other games that have players dance through hoops to get Anniversary or other Special Event prizes (holidays, etc.), but that's all it is... silly, fun activities... It's cakewalk stuff they have you doing just so you'll show up, but basically those events are excuses for the Company to thank its playerbase and shower them with gifts.

What's that like? I guess we'll never ever find out...
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So my SW galaxy of heroes game is going well while I can't/won't play boss rush. Unfortunately, their servers are down. Fortunately, I know when they get them back up I will be extremely well compensated for the outage. Contrast to MPQ where we never get appropriate compensation for outage or outrage. Based on the Devs reply looks like no compensation can be expected for this steaming pile either.

Horribly over scaled
    Not an Alliance event
    Bosses having max dmg in all colors

Another failed anniversary.
  • Matt Murdock
    Matt Murdock Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Skygazing wrote:
    scottee wrote:

This is a very, very relevant point. There are players among us who are complete masochists and Peggy is a big chase 4*. Certain team combinations are capable of slowly chewing through the stupidly high HP of each boss and some people will take full advantage of that even if each match takes 25-30 minutes. Chances are that those willing to do so can actually clear all the way through R8, but they're going to be miserable doing it.
    Basically, I'm done with all the complaining about this event. I'm just gonna give it my best try and get as far as I can. Not gonna lie, I like a challenge (although this is obviously excessive). And this event really doesn't *hurt* me in any way - I'm just gonna try until I'm not making any progress, and then I will have a free weekend - except for one thing.

Like the poster above, I am gonna try as hard as I can because I really want the Peggy covers. But, I fear that I will not be able to beat round 8. And that's really why I'm here.... due to RL issues I wasn't able to place t10 in her release, and also wasn't able to push for 1k in her PVP. I need the Peggy yellowflag.png . I really would like to avoid having a 4/0/4 Peggy build after this because I couldn't complete the last round. And now it is confirmed that they will not be fixing this event, but might tweak it for future runs. So, unless they will give Peggy as a reward in the next run, I will have been screwed out of another Peggy yellowflag.png , and that actually does hurt me long-term.

Okay, so what. You screwed up a big event that everyone was excited about, and during anniversary no less. Disappointing, but no actual loss to us other than having our expectations dashed. We'll get over it. But the loss of the best power of a top-tier 4* is something I won't get over. It will hurt me for quite some time to have such an unbalanced Peggy build. It doesn't help that you have *always* made her yellow the hardest to get. And I have the feeling it will be like, "Oh, you had your chance at getting her before (not really), so we're not going to offer her as a reward again. We have a rotation to keep up!" So now I will have lost my only chance at getting one of the more coveted 4* covers in the game for quite some time.

Thanks a lot, devs. You better do right by us.
This discussion has been closed.