Boss Rush Event: Info & Rewards *Updated

Options

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,754 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for playing but it's friday and we are off to get drunk in hooters with KDN's money.

See you Monday, hopefully you will all have forgotten about it by then!
  • DevilMayGrind
    Options
    oh, and here's the feedback - Unless you're planing to give everyone 3 Peggy covers and an apology, you'll really really disappoint your community... If it even is possible to disappoint it more.
  • Thorin radd
    Thorin radd Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    *Update: 1:25 PM 10/14/16

Greetings, all.

The dev team wanted to let everyone know they have been reading your feedback and taking it into consideration. Here's word from Anthony at Demiurge:
      "Hey everyone, We're trying a bunch of new stuff with the initial run of Boss Rush and we appreciate hearing your thoughts. We'll look at our data to see how people did and combine that with the feedback to help improve future runs of the event. Thanks for playing the event, and keep the feedback coming!"

Thank you.

Ok Official Forum has 300 Complaints and Your response is... Ehh Thanks Enjoy the Weekend.
  • MrTrix
    MrTrix Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Yep, nothing for me to do for the next 2 days.
    I'm a 2*/3* player, my top characters are level ~103. And for the next round I have to fight 3 waves of level 165-239. Not going to happen.
    [Edit] I'd already be happy if I could make it to round 4 for that Storm 3* cover... but even that is an impossible dream. So I give up.

So see you on Monday.
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'll throw my feedback on as well...

I've made it to round 6 almost exclusively thanks to my champed cho. For my first round 6 match, I was wiped pretty early by OML. On my second attempt, I managed to eke out a win. By the end of that victory, I was completely drained of interest in playing the event. That single match took so long to complete and was so hard, I just couldn't imagine playing another 4 or 5 to finish the round. Given the number of times we're supposed to complete this, round 6 feels like round 9 difficulty. This event could easily be fun if it was scaled way down.
  • Entropic
    Entropic Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm honestly kind of impressed. The dev response actually managed to make the situation even more miserable. That response comes off as incredibly indifferent to your players. That isn't a good long range business plan.

Feedback - got through round 4 by ramming my head into a wall. Not touching round 5. Won't be participating in this event any further this weekend. Their metrics are going to show them a handful of masochists pushing on, but I suspect most folks will be bailing in round 4 or 5.

For future reference, if you're going to try new things, allow enough time in the schedule to react to feedback in a productive manner. If you don't want to try to put out a fire on a Friday, then maybe have the new event earlier in the week so that isn't as big of a risk.
  • D3P2K5
    D3P2K5 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Why tinykitty? Why not big Ferocious kitty? This Boss Rush Event should be coined Boss Rage Event. Might I suggest everyone just stop playing this event? That will send a clear message to devs.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Entropic wrote:
    I'm honestly kind of impressed. The dev response actually managed to make the situation even more miserable. That response comes off as incredibly indifferent to your players. That isn't a good long range business plan.

Right? For some reason, I was expecting them to at least address some of the questions about what was intended and what wasn't. My biggest question (other than just 'what were you thinking?') is 'was it intended for bosses to have max dmg on all colors or was that a bug?'.

I feel like the bosses having normal 3 color match damage would have made such a huge difference in this event.
  • Tarouza
    Tarouza Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Apparently calling out the statement for what it is, is grounds for a warning
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What awful customer service.

Here's my feedback. I'm going to play the side nodes until they become unplayable. Then I will stop boss rush entirely.

Awful event, awful communication and truly wasted opertunity.

If I could recommend one thing about mpq it is not to play during anniversary week if you expect it to be fun.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]*Update: 1:25 PM 10/14/16

Greetings, all.

The dev team wanted to let everyone know they have been reading your feedback and taking it into consideration. Here's word from Anthony at Demiurge:
      "Hey everyone, We're trying a bunch of new stuff with the initial run of Boss Rush and we appreciate hearing your thoughts. We'll look at our data to see how people did and combine that with the feedback to help improve future runs of the event. Thanks for playing the event, and keep the feedback coming!"

Thank you.

David, I got no beef with you. You're cool, and you're doing an impossible job. I appreciate that you do it.

The devs can...*. That is an incomprehensible, inexcusable response to a problem for which they are directly responsible.

Madness.

*Admin edited for language.
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I want to give feedback, justly deserved feedback...but anything negative is just deleted off these forums. Pretty sick...

If they even handed out free tokens for this disaster, I don't think it would change how lowly they look right now. The devs just don't even care.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,274 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "Give feedback"

Give negative feedback.

*Post deleted & warning issued*

Test your events.
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wow. Ok, I have a 450 oml. I have a champed Winter Soldier. Even so, r5 was kicking my butt. Oml can barely keep up the healing--if you dont have him or winfinite, just quit entirely. And the time! A good 15 min a match, esp if goblin gets a don...he is casting yellow every other turn.

Honestly, the only things that had been wrong with this anniversary were the very **** pvp progression rewards. Now this...

You know what a great anniversary would have been? What everyone LOVED? Earning a 5* cover for clearing the latter rounds. Add in Peggy as progression, and people would have flipped. Even the difficulty might have been slightly marginalized since the rewards were great (though still absurd)

I highly reccomend that you get actual players to give your new events a trial run. You will save a lot of time and community faith. Anyone on here could have told you that this would fail.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Say it with me:

The anniversary is not a time for trial and error.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Esheris wrote:
    ...but anything negative is just deleted off these forums.

If you read the 26 pages of this topic alone I think you'll agree that negative feedback is allowed. There are forum rules though that need to be followed. When posts go over the line they can be removed. Please keep posts constructive and leave out insults and calls to flame and troll.

We definitely appreciate everyone keeping the forums a decent place to hang out (even if you are feeling frustrated). Thanks.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "David wrote:

Greetings, all.

Thank you.

I really hope "we tried a bunch of new stuff" is code for the bosses idiot nephew was left in charge of this project and the clusterfuck it's turned into have convinced his uncle he'd be better serving humanity as the ash try cleaner in a none smoking restaurant.

Have Demi met the word Sorry - anyone got a dictionary they can lend them as that the single most important word they forgot to say anywhere in their.

As for feedback - find the code for boss rush and hit the delete button and when it asks you if your sure hit yes while you still have anyone playing
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I find his response disingenuous. They have tried extreme difficulty before and the results on that have been known on for a long time. It took exactly 1 boss fight to see that the scaling was going to get out of hand in a hurry and even with limited testing it would've been obvious.

They knew this was going to happen the only question I have is what necessitated it in their eyes.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "David wrote:

Greetings, all.

Translation: We are sorry about the fact that we failed in scaling, play testing, not noticing all the champs have the strongest color of yellow (making your xforce ability useless) and the fact we forget anniversary events are supposed to be fun. Please also forget we claimed we would learn from out last mistakes when we ran Galactus. Have fun pounding sand while we enjoy our weekend.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have feeling you just lost a lot players with this B.S., Congrats on the EPIC fail!
This discussion has been closed.