Boss Rush Event: Info & Rewards *Updated

Options

Comments

• jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tiger Wong wrote:
    Tiger Wong wrote:
    Well guys, I think I've found a team that can push you through round 4 & 5. Here's who I used.....

3* icon_ironman.png 4/4/5
    icon_shehulk.png 5/4/4
    icon_kamalakhan.png 3/5/5

All at lvl 176

I should change the covers a bit but we'll get to that later.

Im40 is the battery but a very important one. Don't use his red or blue unless it's a finisher. Keep the board free beforehand so the yellow can get off.

She-Hulk is the hitter, the drainer, and the healer at the same time. Use her red when the field doesn't have im40's yellow. The damage is eh, but what's important is the board shake. You're gonna be facing characters that have fortified tiles and CD tiles (GG and Cap) so her red can bring them down and/or destroy/match them on that turn or the next turn. Use her green A LOT. Drain the **** out of Cap, GG, IM46, Hulk, etc. they can't do anything without AP. And this keeps the healing going because you're gonna get hit, you're gonna get cascades against you and the occasional power against you. When the boss' AP is down to all 2 or less, only then should you use KK's green. Save her blue for those enemy tiles. You won't use IM's blue. It's for her to steal.

KK's purpleflag.png is key to fuel Shulks green, keep im40's yellow from matching during its countdown, and to prevent boss matches of their main colors. Her green should only be used to either finish off a TEAM (not just a boss) and only if you have 24 green.

When the team is together, everything flows and your health will fall but be regained. You can't afford to lose character but if you must, let IM take the fall. Shulk + KK can survive better than any other combination.

I'm gonna switch the covers to get more health from healing and have Shulk do more damage with her red.

Unfortunately, the initial board state determines how quickly you can get an engine like this running.

You're wrong. The initial board is irrelevant because you don't need a lot of AP to get started.

Im40's yellowflag.png is only 6 AP and two turns to stay out.
    Shulk's greenflag.png is only 6 and her redflag.png is only 9
    KK keeps the health up and her purpleflag.png is only 8

You only have 1 character at the start to deny their colors while getting started. Round 4 & 5, you start vs GG. It's not hard at all to deny him while getting yellow and green and then drain what he gets.
    This is one event where 3* rosters clearly have the advantage.

That combo could never work for me, as OML does 3k+ damage each time he matches, KK can't heal enough, and there is no damage output on that team that comes close to making much of a dent in 150,000+ health.

But I'm glad you have options to try out roster combinations. Nothing outside of 5* and my 300+ boosted 4* champs have really been an option for me.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    If we guess the safe word, can we make this event stop?

Farfelkugeleinekleineschnitzelbank?
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sadly this 20 pages+ of criticism will all be for nothing if the number of people complete the event that they expected, (someone did say they were on round 7 pages ago)

If even 1 alliance completes it they'll claim this was intended.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Sadly this 20 pages+ of criticism will all be for nothing if the number of people complete the event that they expected, (someone did say they were on round 7 pages ago)

There is no alliance progression so an alliance can't "complete" this event.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Pylgrim wrote:
    could we please get /at least/ a pre-fab corporate "we're sorry for the inconvenience, we're looking at it"? Or, I guess, the "working as intended, carry on" that some dread? Any kind of ackowledgement would be nice, preferibly before you all go out for the weekend.

It's Thursday. But, the vitriol is noted.
    It's Friday now... and almost time to go home...
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'm a little surprised there has been no further comment considering the response this event is getting.
  • GurlBYE
    Options
    GurlBYE wrote:

There is no alliance progression so an alliance can't "complete" this event.

That's worse, so if a few people from each alliance complete it then that will be where the bar is lowered.
  • GurlBYE
    Options
    I'm a little surprised there has been no further response considering the response this event is getting.

Repeat of last year to the T, outside of the statement.

Except last years statement wasn't exactly.. well received, it is well remembered however.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm almost through round 5 and tapping out. I could maybe get the peggy cover at round 6 but it's not worth the effort. I've been using storm, hulk, kk to basically have the infinite turn but that takes 4ever and quite frankly is boring regardless of how long it takes. Also, I've wiped twice with that team with bad starting boards (no green/no pink). I went back to pvp and actually had "fun" pushing to 862 but now of course I can't find a fight worth more than 30 pts. Maybe their intention was to make us appreciate regular pvp and PVE despite their flaws. As in, "look how bad it could be!". Every anniversary is a debacle and a flame session ensues and they still don't get it. If I treated every anniversary like this with my wife, she would have left me long ago for being a tiny kitty. I have been hitting no thanks to the rating/review pop ups because I actually felt like giving them a small amount of praise for recent changes, but thought it would just be a matter of time before they let me down. Well, guess what, I'll be giving a review/rating the next time it pops up but instead of my usual 6 or 7 and it's getting better but still won't recommend to a friend, I will be dropping you back to a 1 which you had worked so hard to push up to.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3:53 PM EST. Almost done for the week to relax and have a great time. Oh wait, were the Reds gonna get back to us before they are done for the weekend about this event? Nah. Let everybody stew until Monday. HAPPY HOUR TIME!!! Suckers.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    3:53 PM EST. Almost done for the week to relax and have a great time. Oh wait, were the Reds gonna get back to us before they are done for the weekend about this event? Nah. Let everybody stew until Monday. HAPPY HOUR TIME!!! Suckers.

If they leave this to fester over the weekend, the forum (and playerbase) is gonna be a hot mess come Monday. I don't know if they have any better options, though.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jobob wrote:

That combo could never work for me, as OML does 3k+ damage each time he matches, KK can't heal enough, and there is no damage output on that team that comes close to making much of a dent in 150,000+ health.

But I'm glad you have options to try out roster combinations. Nothing outside of 5* and my 300+ boosted 4* champs have really been an option for me.

ROFL no, no they certainly don't.
    Orion wrote:
    I just got my 1st shot at round 5:

My team - level 458 OML / level 454 Surfer / boosted champed Winter Soldier (really, his nukes are good against these bosses)

Enemy team - level 503-511 bosses (Ha!)

Goblin - 87k health
    Cap - 92k health
    OML - 93k health
    So his bosses are about 50 levels higher.

Me also at round 5. Highest characters (with boosts) are ~270. Enemy team 346-354, closer to 100 levels higher.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think the new Demiurge response to all the criticism is 'Your World is Doomed!'
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll wrote:
    jobob wrote:

Orion wrote:

My team - level 458 OML / level 454 Surfer / boosted champed Winter Soldier (really, his nukes are good against these bosses)

Goblin - 87k health
    Cap - 92k health
    OML - 93k health

Me also at round 5. Highest characters (with boosts) are ~270. Enemy team 346-354, closer to 100 levels higher.
    50 levels on top of a 450 5* makes them about 10 times more powerful.
    350 level 5*s aren't comparable.
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    Options
    broll wrote:

Are you familiar with the dark magics of exponential curves? And, in particular, familiar with the scaling curve in this game?

If you are, then you know that in this game, (Level 500 - Level 450) > (Level 350 - Level 250) .

You'll experience it someday, and then with you could go back to running that roster that faces those "100 levels higher" bosses.

But enough low level vs high level, who's screwed harder chest-thumping. In this, an event centered on players losing in a game in which losing is expensive, we're all screwed together.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    On a serious note anyone have a good team for round 6? I have been using OML, SS, and Hood. I have gotten past OML and Phoenix but surfer is just killing me.
    Also those are my only 2 5* I can use
    The event thread in the Events sub-forum has had occasional team/strategy discussion.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If they leave this to fester over the weekend, the forum (and playerbase) is gonna be a hot mess come Monday. I don't know if they have any better options, though.
    Not everyone ascribes to the Ferber Method...
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll wrote:
    jobob wrote:

Orion wrote:

Goblin - 87k health
    Cap - 92k health
    OML - 93k health

Each level means a lot more at that point, it's not linear.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll wrote:

Are you familiar with the dark magics of exponential curves? And, in particular, familiar with the scaling curve in this game?

If you are, then you know that in this game, (Level 500 - Level 450) > (Level 350 - Level 250) .

You'll experience it someday, and then with you could go back to running that roster that faces those "100 levels higher" bosses.

But enough low level vs high level, who's screwed harder chest-thumping. In this, an event centered on players losing in a game in which losing is expensive, we're all screwed together.

I think the data on the relative ease of play for different roster strengths is mixed.

5* players clearly have an advantage in pvp, but soft-cappers can and do place well in pve (but so do 5*s).

In this event, its clear that 5* players are struggling in rounds 6+ (and didnt have much fun in rounds 4-5 either!). And jobob is right that 3* teams are not an option with his scaling. But i think 5* olayers are still having an easier time (at least from surveying the forums). Players like jobob are struggling in round 6. 4* players like me have i
    Only reached round if they had good luck with thei winfinite engine lottery pulls in round 5 (i just reached round six in my last match of this clear, having had just 3 full victories in round 5). 3* rosters are struggling to clear rounds 3 and 4. This pattern is fairly evident from both alliance leader boards and forum posts here.

This is not to say that 5* players have had an easy time. Just that they have had an easier time so far (largely because they had less trouble in rounds 3-5 than weaker rosters). Round 6 may be a shift given the increased reports of 5* rosters struggling there, but it wont be really clear until next cycle ir two when more 4* players try round 6.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Jumped the gun
This discussion has been closed.