Boss Rush Event: Info & Rewards *Updated

Options

Comments

• David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    *Update: 1:25 PM 10/14/16

Greetings, all.

The dev team wanted to let everyone know they have been reading your feedback and taking it into consideration. Here's word from Anthony at Demiurge:
      "Hey everyone, We're trying a bunch of new stuff with the initial run of Boss Rush and we appreciate hearing your thoughts. We'll look at our data to see how people did and combine that with the feedback to help improve future runs of the event. Thanks for playing the event, and keep the feedback coming!"

Thank you.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]*Update: 1:25 PM 10/14/16

Greetings, all.

The dev team wanted to let everyone know they have been reading your feedback and taking it into consideration. Here's word from Anthony at Demiurge:
      "Hey everyone, We're trying a bunch of new stuff with the initial run of Boss Rush and we appreciate hearing your thoughts. We'll look at our data to see how people did and combine that with the feedback to help improve future runs of the event. Thanks for playing the event, and keep the feedback coming!"

Thank you.
    So.... "Doing nothing about this run... Have a Great Weekend!"
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wow that's a BIG F off from Demiurge if I ever saw one.
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wow, that's a polite way of saying "**** you, we couldn't care less"
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Options
    "David wrote:

Greetings, all.

Thank you.

Downvote
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2016
    Options
    So people, if you want to set a statement, now is the chance. Stop playing the event if you dislike it.

(Especially, don't buy healthpacks icon_e_wink.gif)
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I read the dev response as:
    We're going to do nothing and see how things work out.

Enjoy your weekend, and buy those health packs
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:

Greetings, all.

Thank you.

Translation: suck it

Sorry we are killing the messenger, David, but this is just an awful response.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    We're suckers.
  • Square-Chopper
    Square-Chopper Posts: 54 Match Maker
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Noobulator wrote:
    Wow that's a BIG F off from Demiurge if I ever saw one.

Here's my feedback: **** this. I'm out.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    Options
    "David wrote:

Greetings, all.

Thank you.

Thanks for the communication hifi!

Demi: that is, quite frankly, a pathetic response. No acknowledgment of the botched communication, or the less than fun experience, or the **** prizes (other than the almost unattainable peggy covers). Just a "thanks for the comments, we will read them for next time.'

Two anniversaries 'celebrations' in a row?! It's really hard to come off as this completely disconnected from your player community. This is inadequate customer service. You have made a fun game; why do you keep trying to run it into the ground!?
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:

Greetings, all.

Thank you.

Future ...

Let this be the first feedback.

There won't be many players left to play a future run of this.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They did say "keep the feedback coming".

As you wish.
  • BassMuffinFIve
    BassMuffinFIve Posts: 231
    edited October 2016
    Options
    "David wrote:

Greetings, all.

Thank you.

I'm not sure what's worse, the fact that they aren't doing jack to fix this, or the fact that they are planning to run it again...
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:

Greetings, all.

Thank you.
    I want to do everything I can to make sure you never run an event like this again. So please, ask your bean counters which they'd consider more damning: wiping on 100% of the boss battles, or ignoring the event completely. Let me know, and I'll spend the rest of the weekend complying.
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I can't believe I kept checking back for some communication about this. I really don't know what I expected but it was more than this. Stupid on my part I guess.
  • Grover
    Grover Posts: 1
    Options
    "David wrote:

Greetings, all.

Thank you.

i.e. Working as intended.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Love being free playtesters. How about a Beta server? Lots of players would volunteer!

Also - how about MrF covers for the test run and Peggy covers when players can actually achieve them? Or Peggy covers for a second, "fixed" run!
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I just read that as:
    "It's Friday afternoon we're off to get drunk, see you on Monday!"
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is anyone else not getting the ISO rewards from the sub fights?

Also, this absolutely blows. I think every year has had some form of a disaster and this is no different. The lack of anything going into the final days is a real middle finger during the so called anniversary.

Anyways, do as you wish but instead of generating goodwill you are creating the exact opposite.

How hard is it to gameplay this before launch. Every time another epic disaster.
This discussion has been closed.