Character Rebalance Plan

Options

Comments

• Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No buff love for Drax? icon_e_sad.gif

Also idk IM40 is pretty top tier. Recharge is the best ability in the game. Sweet jesus.
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If this rebalancing process becomes a regular thing, that's a great argument for soft capping. If you needed one more.

As a 3* player transitioning to 4*, I'll make sure I level my 4*s mostly equally when the time comes. And I'm suddenly glad about my decision to champ everyone, including Punisher, Sentry, Ragnarok... you never know, maybe in 1 month one of them may be more useful than IM40.
  • Uber303
    Uber303 Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    I wouldn't nerf anyone, just make the weaker chars stronger imo
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,922 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Received a report about the OML debate dominating this thread. Having looked over the thread, I understand the issue of whether OML should be nerfed or not is a valid point of consideration and believe both sides have sufficiently presented their respective sides so I will leave the current posts related to that debate as is but ask that if you wish to continue debating whether or not OML is the best 5* character in the game that you do so in the Poll: Rank the 5* thread. Thank you!
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it would be VERY VERY important to have on Monday the complete list of characters that are going to be changed.

I don't want to spend 365k+12k iso champing a 4 that might be nerfed. The best option, if covers would not expire, would be just to save the iso, but we leave in a world where if you wait more than 13 days your covers expire.

So, I think until all chars are buffed/nerfed covers should NOT EXPIRE so we can save our iso and spend it in the chars that will be important.

Then if OML or PH are nerfed I will most certanly stop playing. If after one year chasing those chars, if they are nerfed just a couple of months after I champed them that is going to be the end. And it is not just that, scaling in PvE and our MMR is crazy high because of these chars, if they are nerfed we will still have crazy scaling but no tools to beat the enemies. Again, I hope Devs wont confuse rarity with strength, OML+PH are more common just because they have been available for longer (yes, they are very good, but not OP at all).

PS: We were also told that nerfs would be avoided in the game and counters would be released instead. This is the way to go, buff never nerf.
    PS: Oh, and super whales don't care about OML anymore, they already have all the 5s, and they probably don't even use him (BB, GG, IM are much faster), the problem is for the rest of us that we have played hard for a year to get it and champ our first 5.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Uber303 wrote:
    I wouldn't nerf anyone, just make the weaker chars stronger imo

Nerfing anyone below 5* would be a mistake at this point due to the sheer numbers in each tier, but as far as the 5* tier, it is still small enough that using both nerfs and buffs would help to reduce the size of changes that were needed in that tier and also avoid needlessly increasing the gap between 4* and 5* tiers too.
  • Uber303
    Options
    As far as 5* go, I think one cover should be in line with perhaps a 5 cover power in the 2* tire or 4 cover in the 3* tier. They're that rare they should be useful in any roster outside of trivial nodes imo
  • Uber303
    Options
    I'm only really just starting to transition to 4* so can't really comment on 4 and 5* chars that much. But I think it's a good idea to bring powers in line with char levels no matter what tier. For example a 166 Nick fury would be as strong as a 166 3clops
  • Uber303
    Options
    Just making suggestions and toying with ideas, so some things I've said may be a bit contradictory tbf lol
  • Uber303
    Options
    Also there are 3* that need altering

Hood needs more health

Bullseye is pretty useless all round

Vision was great when his blue was global to match damage. The problem with him at the moment is that his colour tiles are often scarce so his blue is only really useful for his aoe. A good idea is to go back to doing global match damage but maybe not as hard hitting as before he was nerfed.

Hulks green could do more damage or his red do less team damage, atm he's only really useful as a meat shield and tanking green.

That said, when you make the right combos they are all really useful. except bullseye, I found literally no use for him whatsoever except maybe the 4* he covers when champed, even then I don't know cos I sold him to make room for a better char
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Uber303 wrote:

Hood needs more health

That said, when you make the right combos they are all really useful. except bullseye, I found literally no use for him whatsoever except maybe the 4* he covers when champed, even then I don't know cos I sold him to make room for a better char
    You clearly haven't used him in survival nodes, bring Scarlet Witch, a special tile generator and watch the board fill up with death to the opponent. Niche, but very useful.
    And very fun.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CT1888 wrote:
    Uber303 wrote:

Hood needs more health

You clearly haven't used him in survival nodes, bring Scarlet Witch, a special tile generator and watch the board fill up with death to the opponent. Niche, but very useful.
    And very fun.
    Seconded. Bullseye is all about that black passive. Make sure he gets the killing shot, then start laughing maniacally.
  • Uber303
    Options
    Fair play thanks for the tips, pretty useless to me now but maybe in the distant future ha
  • unclehorm
    Options
    This is a terrible idea. I was just beginning to gain trust in D3 and really enjoying this game. D3 is better served by making weak characters stronger, or creating a character that can offset a character that is deemed "overused". If you absolutely have to change a character, or weaken an existing character, make the changes nominal. This is what D3 did with the changes to 4star Thor.
  • freakygeek
    freakygeek Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options
    I view this with cautious optimism.

I have been playing a while and had my Storm nerfed, and then my Thor (my Wolverine was woefully under-covered then). I saw Rags nerfed from a tier 1 to a tier 2 and then to a tier 3 now. I had my Sentry, Spiderman, and 4Thor get nerfed from tier 1 to tier 3. I saw X-farce become X-fixed and then get nerfed from tier 1 to tier 3. I will agree with what many have said that nerfing is not the answer but rather improving the other characters so they are more competitive or equal to the ones that are currently considered OP.

The fixes to Quicksilver, Beast, Daredevil, She Hulk, Invisible Woman, and Flaptain were nice attempts but did not raise any of these characters up from being pretty useless. The fixes were needed but did not raise these characters up to anything resembling useful compared to others in their * ranking.

On the other hand fixes to Loki and Doom were incredible. Lets hope that is where we are headed. Hopefully there will not be any "fun balancing" but just fixes to characters in 3*, 4* and 5* so they can become useful and competitive.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Again, the last 5 to 6 4-Star releases I have no idea how good they are cause I don't get covers for them. Kate Bishop, Punisher Max, & Spider Woman don't look that great, and even Nova is kinda meh, but I simply don't know due to accessibility.

There are some who consider Punisher near top tier. Nova when boosted is certainly on par. Kate does a ton of damage. They're all quite good.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Loki needs a boost, this guy is responsible for bringing the Avengers together.
    Time traveller, magician, illusionist, politician, powerhouse.
    Absolute ZERO respect shown to Loki in this game.

Sentry needs a boost ...ripped two people in half, brought down asgard.
    ZERO respect shown to sentry in this game.

Thor needs a boost, Stan Lee created him to beat the Hulk. When Stan wrote comics the Hulk feared Thor.
    However, writers have lost their way with Thor and treat him like an idiot. ZERO respect shown in comics and zero respect shown in this game.

Phoenix needs a boost.
    Phoenix destroys planets, wipes them clean so it can start anew. In MPQ old man Logan is more powerful... icon_lol.gif let that sink in for a second. Old man Logan is more powerful than Phoenix. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    (compose yourself)
    Plenty of Respect shown in the Comics ZERO respect shown in MPQ.

Vision needs a boost, he has a flaming infinity gem in the middle of his head...Come on.... ZERO respect shown in MPQ.

Dr Doom needs a boost....this villain has it all, magician,technician, genius and squirrel girl beat him. ZERO respect shown in comics ZERO respect shown in MPQ

In all seriousness you don't need to nerf that many only the obvious but more need boosting.

#PVPisBroken #justsaying #deleteordecay
  • MrCrowley
    MrCrowley Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    If they only could make the PVP events less speed intensive, it would open up the game for support and defensive characters to be actually worth anything.

In the current PVP environment, a transition player (3->4 range) cannot sit unshielded for long if his points are around 800. Any team composition that requires 3 min per match is doomed to lose more points than they can gain.

If you would put some kind of stop on the points loss then maybe we could use a wider range of characters in the teams and not only the fastest possible attackers.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There's a problem with nerfing based on usage, especially in the 5☆ tier, they are hard to convert and expensive to level. Once you get pot committed to one, unless you're a whale, that's it. Because of the way the game is designed, scaling and mmr, your best character, is the most used. When you've dumped+400k iso into a character, yeah, you're going to use it. This is a system you designed and now you want to penalize us for doing the best we can with what we have?

You want people to use the rest of the tier? Give us the coverrs and resources to do so
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Firstly d3 gave no clue as to how they will change things but let's take the most recent example (and therefore the most valid) of character changes....I think we can all agree that every character they changed (vision, im40, qs) are all better.
    Those were buffs. When was the last time anyone cheered for a nerf? Trust me, no one's going to cheer these either...