*** Captain America (Super Soldier) ***

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I've been running L Cap/Hood/Pun in simulator with great results. Good color coverage except for purple. Pun for early game (taking out obw) and by then there should be enough for Cap's red and blue. Any other suggestions for a third? L Cap/Hood/???
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been running L Cap/Hood/Pun in simulator with great results. Good color coverage except for purple. Pun for early game (taking out obw) and by then there should be enough for Cap's red and blue. Any other suggestions for a third? L Cap/Hood/???

GSBW? You get purple and green coverage. Drawback is that the abilities are all higher cost so it'll take a while to get going. Though Hood should speed that up somewhat.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Oh yea good call. L Cap/Hood/GSBW is actually really fun, I call them my "nuke" team. I ran them up to around 1800 or so then had to swap out GSBW for defensive purposes. I wish they would fix how the AI uses her purple. I would be fine even if they just made a straight line of green as long as it's not the random placement that favors the other team.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For purple coverage, you could swap OBW for hood, since punisher has black covered
  • Unknown
    Options
    Seriously needs to be a pvp of him again!!!!!!!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Which one is better: 3/5/5, 5/3/5, 5/5/3?

I take that at least blue or red need to be 5 to take advantage of target any tile. My 2* is currently 3/5/5 and I'm quite happy with it.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    3/5/5 all the way.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The issue with Cap's protect tiles is that protect tiles in general are better the earlier they are out to block match damage and powers-- Cap's cost 19 yellow so the enemies will have done quite a bit of damage to you -- and in addition you could have used less AP to do damage and end the fight quicker instead of dragging it out.

It would be interesting if you could cast these same protect tiles at a decent amount of strength (perhaps the current strength) in random locations for 5 ap, which also spawns a (random) 3 turn CD tile that when resolves takes 5 more yellow ap from you (or deals damage to you if you do not have enough). If the CD tile is matched early (by you) you avoid the negative effects.

It's the idea of getting strong protect tiles out early, and paying for it later (but potentially avoiding having to pay).
    Cover upgrades can go to increased strength protect tiles, less ap/dmg taken from resolved CD, and longer turns for CD to resolve.
    It will be interesting to have another CD tile of yours that you'd want to match.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Baltias wrote:
    Which one is better: 3/5/5, 5/3/5, 5/5/3?

I take that at least blue or red need to be 5 to take advantage of target any tile. My 2* is currently 3/5/5 and I'm quite happy with it.

If for some insane reason you didn't want to go 3/5/5 they only other playable option would be 5/3/5. The reason being you could potentially get enough blue to protect yourself to get 19 yellow. Aside from that, anything other than 3/5/5 is a death wish.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Where do you rate lazysteve in your roster? Top 3, 5, 10, at the bottom? Reason I ask is should I level him ahead of other characters?

I have a ton of characters that need ISO. Is it a waste to lvl lazysteve ahead of other characters even if he's buffed in next PvP. ISO has become seriously needed for my roster and trying to maximize my return.

Thanks.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I leveled him such that my tank can tank him post buff from event. That's what I did with him. He's not my first priority to level up but he'll be 13/13 sooner than the ones I want to level up first sadly.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Where do you rate lazysteve in your roster? Top 3, 5, 10, at the bottom? Reason I ask is should I level him ahead of other characters?

I have a ton of characters that need ISO. Is it a waste to lvl lazysteve ahead of other characters even if he's buffed in next PvP. ISO has become seriously needed for my roster and trying to maximize my return.

Thanks.

See this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9782

Steve Rogers was voted as top 10 by the community.

But it's hard to say whether is he worth levelling ahead of other characters in your roster as it is dependent on your roster.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Baltias wrote:
    I leveled him such that my tank can tank him post buff from event. That's what I did with him. He's not my first priority to level up but he'll be 13/13 sooner than the ones I want to level up first sadly.

Same here. With the current Unstable ISO-8 event, I can at least get one (red) cover to complete my Capt. America (13/13). If I'm fortunate enough to get 40,000pts & obtain additonal (blue) cover for respec, I'll probably HAVE to level him ahead of others as he's the only one with max level cap & correct build.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    My thought is good in PvE, but not so much in PvP. Even in PvE you should partner him with Falcon or Hood to get the best out of him.

He is my 2nd tier character. So I just level him enough (L125) for the PvP and that's it. He is super-buffed for PvE at the moment so leveling him up anything more than that is overkill, IMO.
  • Marty17
    Options
    Apologies if this had already been asked/answered; when browsing on the roster, why does ***Capt. America & ***Thor star rating flashes? At 1st I thought that indicated they're new rare characters, but seemingly not the case.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Marty17 wrote:
    Apologies if this had already been asked/answered; when browsing on the roster, why does ***Capt. America & ***Thor star rating flashes? At 1st I thought that indicated they're new rare characters, but seemingly not the case.

The flashing stars are a visual warning indicator that the versions of these characters are their upgraded, more powerful 3*** incarnations and not their normal 2** versions.
  • Marty17
    Options
    Ah, I see. Totally didn't see the pattern. Thanks.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With Magneto no longer the lockdown artist he once was, I have found Captain America to be probably the next best thing to shutting down single characters like Hulk. He is much slower but once he gets rolling is very hard to stop
  • Captain America was always a great character and should've been seen more frequently in PvP if not for the fact that almost every good team has someone with a red power that interferes with his red, which is by far the best red ability in the game, and without his red he's very average.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think the addition of X-Force makes him infinitely more viable. Having an amazing red for surgical to feed is pretty good when top tier consists of red users like Sentry and LazyThor. The team is also absurdly good vs Hulk, since X-force surgical hits green vs Hulk, and Cap shields shut down Hulk very well. The fact that Cap colors doesn't overlap with X-Force's 2 main skills is a huge defensive bonus as well.