S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level: New Elite Tokens

1234568»

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    orbitalint wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    But they are 95% identical to Heroic tokens, so just use Heroics instead! And we would even had the very small chance for a 4.

I know what they want to use them for, the problem is that Heroic tokens are already doing the exact same thing! If you don't believe me just check the chances and you will see that they are almost identical. They overlap too much, this is why I was asking if there are news about buffing Heroics. If they would buff Heroics, so they would make 3s and 4s easier to get then yes, they would have a purpose.
    I think they are trying to start to get a handle on jumping transitions. These elite tokens will probably be given out to players under cl3 or 4 with regularity instead of heroics. The x% chance of hopelessly rostering a single 4* for a newly minted 1* team is now gone and allows these players to focus on where they are in their roster development.

They are not meant for vets. Though if they replace standard tokens for vets, I'm all for it. Similarly, we have no use for 1* in our roster development and little use for 2* besides xp farming. I'd take these over standards for cl7+.

But the chances of a 4 in Heroics is just a 3-4% so it is hard to pull them (as we all know). And 4s don't mess up with the new players scaling, level 70 is less than maxed 2s, even less now that you can champ them.

You can replace Elites for Heroics as the rewards in cl3 and cl4 and there would be virtually no difference. No difference at all. It is basically giving the exact same rewards.

I am on board about really differentiating the progression levels, but these elite tokens, don't help at all. If Devs would change Heroics to award 3s and 4s, then everything would be much easier. You would have a token for every level 1-2 standard, 2-3 elite, 3-4 heroic, 4-5 LT, that would make sense. But as it is right now, it doesn't make sense icon_razz.gif

This is why Elites should have been something like 60% - 3s, 35% - 4s, 5% - 5s, and then standard, heroic, elite and legendary as it would have been a token for each level of progression.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Heroic tokens were buffed less than two months ago but I'd agree that they need to be buffed further to differentiate them from the Elites.

I get that Heroics shouldn't drop many 4*, but I think a reasonable change would be to decrease the odds of a 2* and increase the odds of a 3*.
    It is always somewhat disappointing to get a 2* from a Heroic, but the presence of Elites has increased the level of that disappointment. You're opening a "better" token but you still have an extremely high chance of receiving the same reward as the lesser token.
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    I think this is an opportunity to see what is possible with the tokens and how much power the devs have to make a change for any type of rosters. So with that being said, It would be nice to see something like this going forward. Not sure if this has been said yet.

Standards - mainly 1 to 2 star covers (no 3*)
    Elite - 2 to 3 star covers
    Heriocs - 3-4 star covers removing 2* all together
    Legendary 15 cp - 4 star only
    Legendary 20cp - Classic with 5 star old (removing new 4*)
    Legendary 25cp - Latest with 5 star new (removing old 4*)

Open for discussion on this. also lower the 2 star percentage draws from DDQ tokens, and my roster can grow at a better rate
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I have opened a handful of these so far, not enough to get a good sample size, but still... all 2* covers. Not truly complaining because I can farm them, but overall it seems like a waste of time for developers. Unless, as many have mentioned earlier, they plan to actually make tokens for each tier (standards for 1*, possible 2*... elites for 2* possible 3*... then heroics should be 3* possible 4*, and then legendary is 4* with a possible 5*).

If the tokens stay the same, then heroics and elites are basically "here is a shiny new.... 2 star cover", but with a different color wrapper and no joy
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    How exactly do the mystery boosts work? I won one, but I can't find it in the boost screen. Does it just automatically give you a random boost without telling you what the boost is when you win it as a reward?
  • DaSal
    DaSal Posts: 76 Match Maker
    The game is moving toward 5* land. Rather than the elite token that they trotted out, the game needs a true 3* token. I have no idea what the current pull rates are for each token but here is a suggestion.

Standard: 1* 75%, 2* 20%, 3* 5%
    Heroic. : 2* 75%, 3* 20%, 4* 5%
    Elite. : 3* 80%, 4* 18%, 5* 2%

The numbers can be tweaked of course
  • Quest34
    Quest34 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Question: if you finish top 5 in cl7 do you receive just 1 heroic token or do you receive the heroic token as well as 3 elite tokens.