S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level: New Elite Tokens

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Tinykitty! Now I need another column in my token tracker.

Also, since there's no chance of drawing a 4* from one of these, I probably won't be able to nail down the 4* percentage in the Standard tokens. Seriously. I have been assured that people have drawn 4*s from Standard tokens, though I have not (out of over 5500,) I was thinking that the chance was probably around .02% and I was just unlucky.

Seriously, though, this sounds like a nice thing - improving our rewards (a little) from PVE tokens and the one PVP token we get at the beginning. It's a small change, but a positive one.

Though, honestly, I too think that "Elite" is just the wrong word for it - it makes it sound better than Heroic.
    They should call these "Standard" and move the current standard ones to "Sub-Standard".

The Facebook save is still unchecking when closing the app in this update.

Or call them what they are WEAK lol
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    At the very least, it's a minimum 250 ISO per token instead of 100. Otherwise it's just a Heroic token minus the chance of a 4*. Still. If they do replace all the places that Standard tokens would drop, cha-ching! That'll greatly speed my 2* farming.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    Elite is too lofty for these. Think they should re-name them all.

Also maybe a stretch but tweak the rewards a bit. Feels little like they are shoe-horning things into design decisions from Day 1 that are now out-dated in more common 4 & 5* world

Bronze - Standard - Mainly 1*, Some 2*, rare chance of 3* - Shield Clearance 1 & 2
    Silver - Elite - Mainly 2*, Some 3*, rare chance of 4* - SC 3 to 5
    Gold - Heroic - Mainly 3*, Some 4*, rare chance of 5* - SC 5 to 7
    Platinum - Legendary - Mainly 4*, Some 5* - SC 7 and UP

Edit to add Shield Clearance notes as this set-up also jives better with the SC levels
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    If the new Elite Tokens only have 2* and 3* to help the 3* transition I really am pumped for the 3*/4* only token to aid the 4* transition.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Punter1 wrote:
    Elite is too lofty for these. Think they should re-name them all.

Also maybe a stretch but tweak the rewards a bit. Feels little like they are shoe-horning things into design decisions from Day 1 that are now out-dated in more common 4 & 5* world

Bronze - Standard - Mainly 1*, Some 2*, rare chance of 3* - Shield Clearance 1 & 2
    Silver - Elite - Mainly 2*, Some 3*, rare chance of 4* - SC 3 to 5
    Gold - Heroic - Mainly 3*, Some 4*, rare chance of 5* - SC 5 to 7
    Platinum - Legendary - Mainly 4*, Some 5* - SC 7 and UP

Edit to add Shield Clearance notes as this set-up also jives better with the SC levels

Might as well go one more:

Diamond - Epic - Mainly 5* Classic, Some 5* Latest - SC 9 to 10
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Is this new Elite token the black screen I now have on my phone (iPhone 6s) when scrolling between token types? It's so elite you can't even see it!
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is really interesting. It seems like a Token type that no-one was asking for, and which serves no unique purpose. It's just the kind of cutting edge innovation that you can't find anywhere else. I wonder if they've imagined removing 4*'s from all tokens entirely - we do get just so many from rewards after all. Anyway, great job Devs, and congratulations on another win.

I love Demiurge. I love D3. I love MPQ.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    I don't understand the negativity this change is generating.

The Elite Token is not replacing Heroic Tokens. It is replacing Standard Tokens.

So we are not losing 4* draws. We are gaining 2* and 3* draws that were often 1* draws before.

Would more 4* draws be nice? Yes, of course, but replacing 1* draws with 2* and 3* draws is nice on it's own.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:
    This is really interesting. It seems like a Token type that no-one was asking for, and which serves no unique purpose. It's just the kind of cutting edge innovation that you can't find anywhere else. I wonder if they've imagined removing 4*'s from all tokens entirely - we do get just so many from rewards after all. Anyway, great job Devs, and congratulations on another win.

Exactly, this is another brave bold move by Demiurge and one of many positive changes that I expect to happen in the forthcoming weeks. Just wait until the 4* 5* token hits then you will see some real fireworks. Those things will be dropping quicker than a ten buck street walker.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    As stated above in this thread. This is a rather unenexciting change for forumites who are looking for more 4* covers and iso.

But it's also a solid bump for 2* and 3* transition players that takes nothing say from vets (and gives them several thousand extra iso a week to boot). So it's not a bad change.

They should be called "Shield Agent" tokens or something like that. "Elite" is too lofty a moniker given that they cannot reward characters from the top two tiers of play.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:

Exactly, this is another brave bold move by Demiurge and one of many positive changes that I expect to happen in the forthcoming weeks. Just wait until the 4* 5* token hits then you will see some real fireworks. Those things will be dropping quicker than a ten buck street walker.

Agree. They are building tokens from the bottom up. Replacing standards first makes sense, and it benefits everyone. Do not see a downside here.

Not sure I see a 5* token anytime soon though. Be glad to be wrong icon_e_smile.gif
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2016
    From my view, it's not that it isn't appreciated as a replacement for Standard tokens wherever they may show up. I'm super happy about that, honestly. icon_e_biggrin.gif It's just weird that they made this token when the Heroic was already a viable alternative and continued to ignore the gap further up the rarity line. We really needed something bridging the minuscule gap between Standard and Heroic? Heroic was too generous for this position? icon_e_confused.gif

Standard
    Max chance 1*
    Lower chance 2*
    Outside chance 3*

Why Something Here?

Heroic
    Max chance 2*
    Lower chance 3*
    Outside chance 4*

Instead of Here?

Legendary
    Max chance 4*
    Lower chance 5*
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are heroics being reworked? Because while I'm excited about the standard token morphing into elite, it seems we now have two token types that are predominantly 2* with the same 3* pull rate percentages.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would rather see a guaranteed 3* token.

I dont see how I'll ever get any of my 3*'s to level 266 as the rate of covers is far too slow.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:

It does seem like an odd decision, why not just award heroics instead of standards at a certain clearance level, hardly gamebreaking enough that they needed another token to do basically the same thing.

The token they really need to introduce is a 3*/4* only token.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker

I dont see how I'll ever get any of my 3*'s to level 266 as the rate of covers is far too slow.

By cycling through the 2* characters I'd think. It's even easier now. 2* are now without question ISO income.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    DuckyV wrote:
    Will bagman be in these tokens? I needs more bagman!

This is the important question!

We want Bagman back now we can Champion farm him :p
  • Soma
    Soma Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    thisone wrote:
    Not sure I see a 5* token anytime soon though. Be glad to be wrong icon_e_smile.gif

They'll call it the "Demi-god" token, and the only way to obtain it is with 720 cp's. icon_lol.gif
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker

By cycling through the 2* characters I'd think. It's even easier now. 2* are now without question ISO income.

If you are talking about championing farm - they are not.

Compared to selling 63 covers of a 2*.
    -7.779 ISO to get 350 HP, 5 CP, 3 3* covers and 5 heroics tokens and 13*2XP+50*4XP+20XP=246XP
  • jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    My question is once they are entered in, will each played be Grandfathered a certain number of Elite Tokens, similar to how we were Grandfathered into our SHIELD Level based on our roster?