S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level: New Elite Tokens

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]*Changed the last line in the original post to hopefully be clearer. The line now reads:

"Currently, Elite tokens are seen as Progression and Placement rewards starting in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 5 (Rank 20+)."

Thank you for revising your original post. Any particular reason why Elite tokens seem to replace Heroic tokens and not the intended Standard tokens? The rank 32+ players (CL 7) have no use for Standard tokens and losing out on Heroic tokens that yield a small percentage of 4*'s hurt our transition. Elite tokens went from being overly positive to extremely negative which is a shame.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]*Changed the last line in the original post to hopefully be clearer. The line now reads:

"Currently, Elite tokens are seen as Progression and Placement rewards starting in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 5 (Rank 20+)."

Much more clear. Thank you.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    "David wrote:

Not really. The only place I see them on CL7 is where they've replaced Heroic tokens on the event placement reward list. The sub event still has only Standard tokens. How it initially appeared these would be distributed made a lot more sense. Opening 1* after 1* just to sell them is one of the things about this game I could really do without.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:

Thank you for the rework. Stops us all flapping over here! icon_e_smile.gif

Is there any word on if Elite Tokens will replace Standard Tokens for higher Clearance Levels at any point in future? Even if this is a random keyboard slip from your side it's a well received idea.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    I don't have any additional info I can provide right now other than to say, to my knowledge, the system is functioning as intended and the word "Currently" was specifically used. The devs are keeping an eye on everything and changes can be made in the future if needed.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]I don't have any additional info I can provide right now other than to say, to my knowledge, the system is functioning as intended and the word "Currently" was specifically used. The devs are keeping an eye on everything and changes can be made in the future if needed.
    First, I want to say thank you for the responses. Communication in general has been much better recently and it is very much appreciated.

Second, is there any way you could enlighten us how these tokens that only give 2 and 3 star characters are going to help by replacing tokens that give 2,3 and 4 star heroes?

when they originally read that they were going to replace standards, that was wonderful news, and would really make grinding progression that much more satisfying as it would net us more champ covers to help with progression. but with standards still there instead of these better tokens, and heroics seemingly being replaced by these comparably worse tokens for transition. it really just feels like their existence is completely pointless. Why go through the trouble of creating a new token to very slightly make progression worse by giving them instead of heroics?

though I suppose it was implied in your post that this might merely be an initial test and I should tune in later for how these tokens really will make things better.
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    zulux21 wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]I don't have any additional info I can provide right now other than to say, to my knowledge, the system is functioning as intended and the word "Currently" was specifically used. The devs are keeping an eye on everything and changes can be made in the future if needed.

Second, is there any way you could enlighten us how these tokens that only give 2 and 3 star characters are going to help by replacing tokens that give 2,3 and 4 star heroes?

Because this is not going to help, it´s a statistic-trick. You take out the tokens with 4*chance and so the 4*drops from them. So overall you have the 4* in the progression, but because you have not so many heroics out, the overall number of given 4*s will not increase dramatically.

But people are so "thankfull for this clarifying", that they dont see the intention. A real stepup would be only the complete rid of standards for cl5+, and because of that, it was communicated in the beginning, but we will never see it.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    tizian2015 wrote:
    zulux21 wrote:
    "David wrote:

Because this is not going to help, it´s a statistic-trick. You take out the tokens with 4*chance and so the 4*drops from them. So overall you have the 4* in the progression, but because you have not so many heroics out, the overall number of given 4*s will not increase dramatically.

But people are so "thankfull for this clarifying", that they dont see the intention. A real stepup would be only the complete rid of standards for cl5+, and because of that, it was communicated in the beginning, but we will never see it.

More of the typical "we'll give you this, but we're taking that" from the devs. for every good thing they do they pull one of these. it's frustrating.
  • Electrovirus
    Electrovirus Posts: 64 Match Maker
    tizian2015 wrote:
    zulux21 wrote:
    "David wrote:

But now with having a 4* in the progression ladder you are guaranteed a 4* reward as long as you put the work in. This is better than receiving a Heroic Token with a small chance of getting a 4*.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wasn't the SCL supposed to start for divine champions? I didn't see any choices of SCL....
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    David posted on Friday that versus mode CLs were pushed back to the start of the PvP season for further testing.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    David posted on Friday that versus mode CLs were pushed back to the start of the PvP season for further testing.
    Thanks! I didn't see the post, must have missed it.
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    tizian2015 wrote:
    zulux21 wrote:
    "David wrote:

But now with having a 4* in the progression ladder you are guaranteed a 4* reward as long as you put the work in. This is better than receiving a Heroic Token with a small chance of getting a 4*.

Yes, for the player who gets progression it is a guaranteed+4* cover, i have not doubted this. But overall there are many people which did not enough progression points but had chances to get a 4* from heroic tokens. And I´m very sure with this the number of overall (!) given 4* covers will not change dramatically.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    So Elite tokens are online, and after seeing the chances I don't really see any point into their existence. They have almost the same chances than heroics, but without the 4s (slightly bigger chances for 2s, slightly reduced for 3s, and no 4s). Useless, completely useless for everybody!

I don't understand what are those tokens bringing to the table. Is there any plan to buff Heroics? Because I really don't get it.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    I don't understand what are those tokens bringing to the table. Is there any plan to buff Heroics? Because I really don't get it.
    Guaranteed champion levels for your 2*s, 25% chance for a champion level for your 3*s.
    They only need to make Elites more available and they have a winner.

I can see them replacing standard tokens with Elites for Shield Level X somewhere down the line.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got Three Elite tokens instead of the usual Three Standard tokens as Alliance PvE reward. Rather happy with that change.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    Guaranteed champion levels for your 2*s, 25% chance for a champion level for your 3*s.
    They only need to make Elites more available and they have a winner.

I can see them replacing standard tokens with Elites for Shield Level X somewhere down the line.

But they are 95% identical to Heroic tokens, so just use Heroics instead! And we would even had the very small chance for a 4.

I know what they want to use them for, the problem is that Heroic tokens are already doing the exact same thing! If you don't believe me just check the chances and you will see that they are almost identical. They overlap too much, this is why I was asking if there are news about buffing Heroics. If they would buff Heroics, so they would make 3s and 4s easier to get then yes, they would have a purpose.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Polares wrote:
    But they are 95% identical to Heroic tokens, so just use Heroics instead! And we would even had the very small chance for a 4.

I know what they want to use them for, the problem is that Heroic tokens are already doing the exact same thing! If you don't believe me just check the chances and you will see that they are almost identical. They overlap too much, this is why I was asking if there are news about buffing Heroics. If they would buff Heroics, so they would make 3s and 4s easier to get then yes, they would have a purpose.
    I think they are trying to start to get a handle on jumping transitions. These elite tokens will probably be given out to players under cl3 or 4 with regularity instead of heroics. The x% chance of hopelessly rostering a single 4* for a newly minted 1* team is now gone and allows these players to focus on where they are in their roster development.

They are not meant for vets. Though if they replace standard tokens for vets, I'm all for it. Similarly, we have no use for 1* in our roster development and little use for 2* besides xp farming. I'd take these over standards for cl7+.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:

It's a gating strategy - a way to promote the rosters of newer players without pushing them too far or too fast.

At my CL, I'd rather get a heroic, but the Elite is way better than a standard. Especially for newer players - an entry-level 4* can wreck a 1* roster's scaling. 2-3* are the goal, and the Elite accomplishes that very well.

This, combined with the progression rewards for CL levels, has me excited. They're aiming to build a robust stepladder. It's still all random on the character-specific level, but they're accomplishing what they set out to do - provide rewards appropriate to the roster/experience.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Elite >>> Standard, which is what they are .. well, not quite 'replacing' as we were first led to believe, but 'strongly supplementing' I guess.

I've got 5 of them already and I've no need to hoard them. Any 3* is a champ level for me as are most 2* (or in the case of Storm & Marvel, covers towards the dupes / replacements in my champ farm).

Just gotta figure out how to update my token tracker with the new column before I start.

I did pull a needed Carnage black from a Heroic at the end of the season so .. yeah, anyplace an Elite replaces a Heroic I'll be a little disappointed.

It's a step in the right direction though.