S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level: New Elite Tokens

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    jtmagee wrote:
    My question is once they are entered in, will each played be Grandfathered a certain number of Elite Tokens, similar to how we were Grandfathered into our SHIELD Level based on our roster?
    No. Elite Tokens are only from an event you are playing at Clearance 5. SHIELD Rank lets you play the Clearance Level, but SHIELD Rank doesn't automatically turn Standard into Elite. If you play Clearance 4 or lower, you'll get Standard from that event. Presumably, the Season (or at least SHIELD Simulator) will have a Clearance you choose, and that will also mean Standard if you choose 4 or lower. This is my understanding of it based on info provided. Sorry if I end up being wrong.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would rather see a guaranteed 3* token.

I dont see how I'll ever get any of my 3*'s to level 266 as the rate of covers is far too slow.

By cycling through the 2* characters I'd think. It's even easier now. 2* are now without question ISO income.

Even that takes a lot of time though. I cycled OBW, Ares, HT & Ms Marvel a good few months back now and they've still only reached 108 in their recovery back to 144.
  • eMaRDi
    eMaRDi Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    While I personally like this change very much, this sounds a bit twofolded.

Faster upgrades of my (non-championed) characters means higher ISO-8-demand.
    If you can buy such tokens as the standard tokens with 500 ISO-8, the rank rewards will make Heroic Tokens useless.
    Even if the 500 ISO-8 tokens stay as they are, I assume the amount of Heroic token sold per day will drop significantly. Personally I buy them once a day (100 HC) as a good progress for my 2*-3*.
    If I get those in about every PvE node as second reward, the only drawback would be the inability to get a 4* now and then (apart from championed 3*s).

It won't affect buyout of Vault every now and them b some players (as these include very specific covers), but I assume Heroic Tokens buys will drop (which might cause Demiurge to find other ways to compensate these losses?).

Also keep in mind that these begin to drop at Clearance 5.
    After clearance levels and rewards were announced, I was planning to place myself in slightly lower clearance levels to get a bit better competition rewards. If someone has 5 (or higher to a degree) these players will want to compete at least in clearance level 5.
    I assume that clearance level 5 brackets will be most crowded across the player base until higher tokens are introduced (if ever), at least in event where higher rewards are less interesting.
    To be specific: I guess players with e.g. Rank 6 will still play at rank 5, as it is probably easier and the first occasion you get those new tokens.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    ITT: People complaining about a uniform increase of 150 Iso coming out of tokens. Bravo, you guys.

20150223-034324-6331-800x445.jpg
  • Suddenreal
    Suddenreal Posts: 92 Match Maker
    eMaRDi wrote:
    but I assume Heroic Tokens buys will drop (which might cause Demiurge to find other ways to compensate these losses?).

But Demiurge doesn't make money on Heroic Token sales, but on the sales of imcoin.png which means if people bought them with coins they earned in game, they wouldn't make money anyway. And why wouldn't people buy them anymore? It's still an extra cover. Also, you won't be able to buy Elite Tokens, since they're reward only.
    I guess players with e.g. Rank 6 will still play at rank 5, as it is probably easier and the first occasion you get those new tokens.

It won't be easier. The difficulty for each rank will still be the same, the rewards will simply be less better than rank 6, so why **** yourself (unless you're going after a specific cover)?
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    I love the recent changes that go in the direction of mitigating that bad feeling of having too many useless covers.

First the champion system.
    Then increasing the value of sold max-level characters to make farms worth it.
    Then SHIELD levels with an XP system that encourages farming even more.
    And now these tokens ensure that you get 2*s where you'd normally be getting 1*s.

In this department, d3go, you're doing it right. Thumbs up. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Suddenreal wrote:
    It won't be easier. The difficulty for each rank will still be the same, the rewards will simply be less better than rank 6, so why **** yourself (unless you're going after a specific cover)?

Since you would be competing against less developed rosters, placements would presumably be a little easier on many pve events even if the rewards were also reduced.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    I guess clearance 5 is way too high to help 2-3 transitioners, but anyway I see this change as a nice ISO income increase, a push for farmers and better chances to fetch an essential 2* for PvE if a player is not keeping them.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I suppose this will help, but I would have rather seen Heroic tokens be handed out in place of Standard, and the gap in tokens between Heroic and Legendary filled with a 3/4/5 token. I'm one 4* short of a full roster thanks to vault tokens, CP, and LT rewards, and still haven't seen a few 3*s since they haven't been featured as rewards in the time I've been playing. It's rather annoying when they come up on the DDQ rotation and I haven't even had a chance to roster them yet. Buying packs of Heroic tokens on the off chance I'll pull them doesn't seem like a good investment to me at this time when I could still use roster slots.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Am I right to assume since this practically replaces token_standard.png would it also mean we still don't get experience points from drawing from it?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Marty17 wrote:
    Am I right to assume since this practically replaces token_standard.png would it also mean we still don't get experience points from drawing from it?
    We'll see. You'll still get XP for applying champion levels to a two-star though, so if you have a two-star fram you'll Always get some XP from these tokens even if you don't get XP for the tokens themselves.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    an1979 wrote:
    If you are talking about championing farm - they are not.

Compared to selling 63 covers of a 2*.
    -7.779 ISO to get 350 HP, 5 CP, 3 3* covers and 5 heroics tokens and 13*2XP+50*4XP+20XP=246XP

I don't think it's 13*2XP. The recruit is the first cover, and you get XP if you haven't recruited the character before but I'm not sure you get the 2XP for adding the cover. You also have to factor the 5 heroic tokens that will earn 15XP and the potential to get 30XP if the 3* covers were also champion levels (half that if they were needed covers that were added)
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:
    Suddenreal wrote:

Since you would be competing against less developed rosters, placements would presumably be a little easier on many pve events even if the rewards were also reduced.

You will not compete against less developed rosters any more so than you currently are. This does not change your MMR. It only changes what rewards are available to you.
  • Quebbster
    tiomono wrote:
    Crowl wrote:
    Suddenreal wrote:

You will not compete against less developed rosters any more so than you currently are. This does not change your MMR. It only changes what rewards are available to you.
    You will not face less developed rosters in-game, but you will compete against them for placement. A well developed roster can presumably get a better placement in a lower clearance level... but also get less rewards for it.
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    @Pongie
    You do get 2XP 13 times.
    viewtopic.php?f=6&t=49924

As it is a farm first ever rostering is not included in XP.

The fact that you get some more XP from tokens or from rostering those 3* is also not included as to not cloud math.
    Because you could roster that character first time ever too (+20XP) or add one of the folowing (12)13 levels(5XP) or maybe that would allow you to champ them (50XP) or add champ level(10XP)...
    Like you could also include a chance of geting 5 Garbage Hulks from Heroic Tokens, selling them and making even on ISO...
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    an1979 wrote:
    Would rather see a guaranteed 3* token.

I dont see how I'll ever get any of my 3*'s to level 266 as the rate of covers is far too slow.

By cycling through the 2* characters I'd think. It's even easier now. 2* are now without question ISO income.

If you are talking about championing farm - they are not.

Compared to selling 63 covers of a 2*.
    -7.779 ISO to get 350 HP, 5 CP, 3 3* covers and 5 heroics tokens and 13*2XP+50*4XP+20XP=246XP

That doesn't include champion levels for corresponding 3* characters, the rewards, Xp, the possible additional Xp from 4* cover.

What you outlined is face value, but there is more to it than that. There are many variables.

The further you are in the game progression wise the more value the 2* champions have.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:
    This is really interesting. It seems like a Token type that no-one was asking for, and which serves no unique purpose. It's just the kind of cutting edge innovation that you can't find anywhere else. I wonder if they've imagined removing 4*'s from all tokens entirely - we do get just so many from rewards after all. Anyway, great job Devs, and congratulations on another win.

I love Demiurge. I love D3. I love MPQ.

Exactly, this is another brave bold move by Demiurge and one of many positive changes that I expect to happen in the forthcoming weeks. Just wait until the 4* 5* token hits then you will see some real fireworks. Those things will be dropping quicker than a ten buck street walker.

lmao
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Still getting standard tokens in LRS, was hoping they would change by now
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Standard tokens are only being replaced by elite tokens when you enter an event and choose SHIELD Clearance Rank 5 or higher. You didn't choose a clearance level when you entered the LR, so of course you're not getting Elites from them (and you never will, because they already said LRs won't have CLs -- probably because not enough people play each one to break them into seven brackets).
  • Quebbster
    Standard tokens are only being replaced by elite tokens when you enter an event and choose SHIELD Clearance Rank 5 or higher. You didn't choose a clearance level when you entered the LR, so of course you're not getting Elites from them (and you never will, because they already said LRs won't have CLs -- probably because not enough people play each one to break them into seven brackets).
    Well, there's thousands of players in each lightning round, so dividing them into groups of hundreds instead might work. It would probably require a retooling of placement rewards though.