S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level: New Elite Tokens

Comments

• DrDoMe
    DrDoMe Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Of course, you're doing this so you can change Heroic tokens to be a guaranteed 3*+ reward, right? Right? In that case I applaud the change!
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    DrDoMe wrote:
    Of course, you're doing this so you can change Heroic tokens to be a guaranteed 3*+ reward, right? Right? In that case I applaud the change!

There was some discussion about this on the Discord server last night. Apparently, the 3/4 transition requires a "more elegant" solution.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    Marty17 wrote:
    Am I right to assume since this practically replaces token_standard.png would it also mean we still don't get experience points from drawing from it?
    We'll see. You'll still get XP for applying champion levels to a two-star though, so if you have a two-star fram you'll Always get some XP from these tokens even if you don't get XP for the tokens themselves.

Unfortunately I don't as I already maxxed championed all my star.pngstar.png (apart from icon_spiderman.png ) so they now become iso8.png generator icon_e_wink.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Marty17 wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Marty17 wrote:
    Am I right to assume since this practically replaces token_standard.png would it also mean we still don't get experience points from drawing from it?
    We'll see. You'll still get XP for applying champion levels to a two-star though, so if you have a two-star fram you'll Always get some XP from these tokens even if you don't get XP for the tokens themselves.

Unfortunately I don't as I already maxxed championed all my star.pngstar.png (apart from icon_spiderman.png ) so they now become iso8.png generator icon_e_wink.gif
    Whenever I max a two-star I just start stockpiling covers until I have 13, sell the maxchamped one, and then use the queued covers to start a new one. Why only get the champ rewards once when you can get them over and over?
    I just finished champing my third Hawkeye this morning and I already have the first cover for the fourth waiting in the cover queue...
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I remember ages ago the token people were clamouring for was basically the token we're getting...but it was for 3* and 4*. We had a guaranteed 2* minimum with the heroic that might get you a 3* or rarely a 4*. We had a guaranteed 1* minimum with standards. We didn't have a guaranteed 3* minimum token at all, but we have the near guaranteed 4* token.

That was the gap that needed plugging. Getting 2*s really isn't overly difficult. As it is, the Elite token is simply a worse Heroic token.
  • Quebbster
    I remember ages ago the token people were clamouring for was basically the token we're getting...but it was for 3* and 4*. We had a guaranteed 2* minimum with the heroic that might get you a 3* or rarely a 4*. We had a guaranteed 1* minimum with standards. We didn't have a guaranteed 3* minimum token at all, but we have the near guaranteed 4* token.

That was the gap that needed plugging. Getting 2*s really isn't overly difficult. As it is, the Elite token is simply a worse Heroic token.
    A worse Heroic token is still better than a standard token.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Marty17 wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Marty17 wrote:

Whenever I max a two-star I just start stockpiling covers until I have 13, sell the maxchamped one, and then use the queued covers to start a new one. Why only get the champ rewards once when you can get them over and over?
    I just finished champing my third Hawkeye this morning and I already have the first cover for the fourth waiting in the cover queue...

How on earth are you getting 13 covers for a 2* in 14 days?

Its taken me weeks and weeks to get 13 covers for a specific 2*, theres no way I could stockpile them and not have the first ones expire.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Its taken me weeks and weeks to get 13 covers for a specific 2*, theres no way I could stockpile them and not have the first ones expire.
    Hero LRs.
  • stark0719
    stark0719 Posts: 50 Match Maker
    does that mean that it will be 500 iso?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:

Huh, yeah somehow missed that part of the announcement.

Either way, I hope they make a "Groovy Token" for the clearances past 7 that have a minimum 3* in them with a chance at a 4*. That would be nifty.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Tinykitty! Now I need another column in my token tracker.

Also, since there's no chance of drawing a 4* from one of these, I probably won't be able to nail down the 4* percentage in the Standard tokens. Seriously. I have been assured that people have drawn 4*s from Standard tokens, though I have not (out of over 5500,) I was thinking that the chance was probably around .02% and I was just unlucky.

Seriously, though, this sounds like a nice thing - improving our rewards (a little) from PVE tokens and the one PVP token we get at the beginning. It's a small change, but a positive one.

Though, honestly, I too think that "Elite" is just the wrong word for it - it makes it sound better than Heroic.

My personal experience in drawing a 4 is 1 per 1,000 standard tokens, or 0.1% chance.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster wrote:

No particular trick, I get the covers from tokens, progression rewards and PvP drops. Sometimes I have had to recruit a replacement with less than 13 covers as the ordet was about to expire, but it doesn't take long to get more covers. I only use two-stars on essential nodes and in DDQ though, so it's not a big problem for me to temporarily rostering someone with less than 13 covers.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    My personal experience in drawing a 4 is 1 per 1,000 standard tokens, or 0.1% chance.
    I'm almost at 3,000 standard draws on my tracker with not one single 4*.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    DTStump wrote:
    I love the recent changes that go in the direction of mitigating that bad feeling of having too many useless covers.

First the champion system.
    Then increasing the value of sold max-level characters to make farms worth it.
    Then SHIELD levels with an XP system that encourages farming even more.
    And now these tokens ensure that you get 2*s where you'd normally be getting 1*s.

In this department, d3go, you're doing it right. Thumbs up. icon_e_wink.gif
    This is the part I've no complaints about.

I'd rather they fully reveal the system i thought that clearance level 7 was 65+.

I'll be waiting but they should stray away from top 1 only rewards for any tier.

it's unfeasible, let it be bonus cp, or bonus Hp, but not a cover.

Otherwise good so far. lets see where this goes.
  • GurlBYE
    puppychow wrote:
    I'm almost at 3,000 standard draws on my tracker with not one single 4*.
    I got 2 pre updated standard.
    Still get a 3 from them monthly, sometimes every other month.

I can't be certain but 2's from standards seem lower than pre-champing,

it can be confirmation bias, but i could without question get the 2 star I was looking for withing 5k iso or so before.

I wouldn't dare now.
  • GurlBYE
    Quebbster wrote:

Huh, yeah somehow missed that part of the announcement.

Either way, I hope they make a "Groovy Token" for the clearances past 7 that have a minimum 3* in them with a chance at a 4*. That would be nifty.
    Thats all I want, but i think legendaries will suffice for now.

I'd rather speed up my 4 star transition then them make legendaries less common.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    as if the odds on other tokens are not low enough, you guys throw us 76% & 24%? Seriously, who comes up with this stuff? I mean is this not an odd number to pick and obviously one that is in favor of 2* covers? We already get a good supply of 2* covers randomly from LR's, PvP, etc... couldn't we have gotten 75%/ 25% or 74%/ 26% or heaven forbid that you guys go 70%/ 30% icon_e_surprised.gif .....as I have been saying all along, loosen the icy grip just a bit more, players will thank you for it...
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

"Starting with S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels, there will be a new token that players can earn: Elite Tokens.

Elite tokens will replace Standard tokens starting in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 5 (Rank 20+) to help players transitioning from 2-Star to 3-Star rosters."

After reviewing the preview of the rewards for Clearance 6 I think this needs to be replaced with:

Elite tokens will replace Heroic tokens starting in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 5 (Rank 20+) to prevent players transitioning from 3-Star to 4-Star rosters
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can we please get some clarity on the purpose and availability of elite tokens? This thread says they are replacement standard tokens for higher cls. That is a small bump for players in the 2-5* phases of the game.

But the preview CL rewards indicate that some standard tokens are still present and some event/heroic tokens have been replaced with elites. This is a VERY different implementation, and much worse for pretty much all players.

What should we actually expect tomorrow?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Can we please get some clarity on the purpose and availability of elite tokens? This thread says they are replacement standard tokens for higher cls. That is a small bump for players in the 2-5* phases of the game.

But the preview CL rewards indicate that some standard tokens are still present and some event/heroic tokens have been replaced with elites. This is a VERY different implementation, and much worse for pretty much all players.

What should we actually expect tomorrow?

This is a much nicer approach to the situation than what I stated above you.. guess I need to claim down lol icon_lol.gif