S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level: New Elite Tokens

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi everyone,

With the arrival of Marvel Puzzle Quest's R109 update today - many of you will notice a new type of token in the game. Here's Anthony at Demiurge to tell you a bit about it:

"Starting with S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels, there will be a new token that players can earn: Elite Tokens.

The contents of Elite tokens consist mainly of 2-Stars (76%) with 3-Stars being a rarer reward (24%). Currently, Elite tokens are seen as Progression and Placement rewards starting in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 5 (Rank 20+)."

MPQ_Elite_Token_Sep_2016.jpg

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will Elite tokens replace Standard tokens in the random daily resupplies?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Basically a heroic token with 0 chance of a 4☆?
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    This is great! Glad to see the Standard tokens being upgraded.
    Also hoping they replace the Standard token in the daily resupply as noted above.
  • ShanePHallam
    ShanePHallam Posts: 94 Match Maker
    fmftint wrote:

Better than a standard token.

Once you hit Shield Level 5, is there no way to get 1*s anymore except them being sent to you or in the prologue?
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    Sounds great!
    Might finally max some 3* champs, even with my leisurely playing. icon_cool.gif
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:

Once you hit Shield Level 5, is there no way to get 1*s anymore except them being sent to you or in the prologue?

PvP you get them almost every match.
  • TheDrStrange
    TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Sounds like a great change! I have a few friends that just started, and they're going to really benefit from this change. My rotating 2-star roster and my fully championed 3-stars will also be pretty happy. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    That's a tasty change I wasn't expecting..
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will elite tokens be able to be shared via FB gifts the same way standard tokens are?
  • fmftint wrote:

You can just play an event at a lower Clearance Level.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    Finally! I have proposed this about 100 times on the forums the past 2+ years.

Will our current standard tokens turn into Elite tokens or will it be a separate screen to open our remaining standards? Of course, I just opened my 100+ standards and those who hoard 1000's will greatly benefit (yes I am jealous)

Also, can we expect a lowered % for 2*s in Heroic tokens? icon_e_biggrin.gif

Overall this is great to see.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do we get XP from opening elite tokens?
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    I have R109 on steam right now and don't see new tokens
    Is this starting with R109 or once Clearance levels appear?
  • Kiera13
    Kiera13 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Do the standard tokens I have saved change to the new tokens?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since Standard tokens are not being phased out of the game completely, just being replaced as fight/event rewards in certain clearance levels, there is zero chance your existing standards will turn into elites.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dang. I thought when they hinted a new token was coming, they'd finally fill in the gap and make a guaranteed 3☆, good chance at 4☆ token. So, now we have something equivalent to a heroic, but with a 0% chance for 4☆, because the 4☆ rate for heroics was to generous to just use those? icon_neutral.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:

Dunno. By "replace" do they mean EVERYWHERE, or replace in progression rewards, placement rewards, and/or node rewards?

If all of the above, great .. I think?

There are still reason to want 1*s. Building certain teamups, for instance. Have to play at lower CLs to do that starting with Thursday's events?

Might also be that you can still buy Standard tokens with ISO, if you're so inclined, but the tokens you earn at CL5+ will be Elite.
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    The regular pvp golden tokens are replaced too?, that tokens have star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png chance.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    Dang. I thought when they hinted a new token was coming, they'd finally fill in the gap and make a guaranteed 3☆, good chance at 4☆ token. So, now we have something equivalent to a heroic, but with a 0% chance for 4☆, because the 4☆ rate for heroics was to generous to just use those? icon_neutral.gif
    Maybe, maybe they'll drop 2☆s out of Heroic tokens

Doubt it
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hopefully once they roll out Clearance Levels 8-10 anyone in those levels will have Heroic tokens replaced with a new, unannounced 3* and 4* only token.