S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level: New Elite Tokens

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    My two-star cover farm appreciates this change a lot.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    These are great for 2* farming, better chance for 3* champs too. When I open standards I don't even think about 4* so this is nothing but a great change to me.

Are LR going to have clearance levels I wonder?
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    thisone wrote:
    Are LR going to have clearance levels I wonder?

They will not. Too bad, this would be amazing in LRs.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Too much to contemplate a 'Veteran' token that is 3* & 4* only?

I could see it replacing heroic/event tokens at high-ish clearance levels.

Top clearance level should only have 'Veteran' and 'Legendary' tokens. No reason to bother with even heroics or event tokens.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Top clearance level should only have 'Veteran' and 'Legendary' tokens. No reason to bother with even heroics or event tokens.
    That might be coming in higher Clearance Levels... Who knows?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:

That might be coming in higher Clearance Levels... Who knows?
    bnqivxutlowiccastmsb.jpg
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice! If only the game load times were still playable.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Will bagman be in these tokens? I needs more bagman!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    This looks great!! I love getting more chances for higher powered heroes.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Odd choice of naming, but I guess elite sounds better than standard+ or something like that. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    I really liked this new "improved" Standard token! Glad I won't be pulling so many useless 1*s anymore icon_lol.gif
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

With the arrival of Marvel Puzzle Quest's R109 update today - many of you will notice a new type of token in the game.

Does that mean some of us wont? I just updated, but there's no sign of Elite tokens just the usual Standards.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    And I thought this was going to be a garunteed 5* for 1st place in the highest tier of PVP and PVE.
    I guess I was. Little delusional
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:
    Basically a heroic token with 0 chance of a 4☆?
    How do the odds of these elite tokens compare to that of heroics? Is the 3* chance in elites higher than the 3*+4* chance in heroics?
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Starting with S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels, there will be a new token that players can earn: Elite Tokens.

Looks like Elite Tokens arrive with SCL, which isn't until the next PVE: Deadpool Vs. MPQ (Sept. 15).
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    fmftint wrote:
    How do the odds of these elite tokens compare to that of heroics? Is the 3* chance in elites higher than the 3*+4* chance in heroics?
    3* chances in the Elite token actually appear to be a little bit lower than in the Heroic. The difference in the 3* and the missing 4* odds seem to have gone directly into the 2*.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    xKOBALTx wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    3* chances in the Elite token actually appear to be a little bit lower than in the Heroic. The difference in the 3* and the missing 4* odds seem to have gone directly into the 2*.

From my math, 3☆ rates are seemingly identical. Heroics are .6% per character * 40 characters = 24%. Though, agree that the removal of the 4☆ pool went to increase the 2☆ pool in their new tokens.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tinykitty! Now I need another column in my token tracker.

Also, since there's no chance of drawing a 4* from one of these, I probably won't be able to nail down the 4* percentage in the Standard tokens. Seriously. I have been assured that people have drawn 4*s from Standard tokens, though I have not (out of over 5500,) I was thinking that the chance was probably around .02% and I was just unlucky.

Seriously, though, this sounds like a nice thing - improving our rewards (a little) from PVE tokens and the one PVP token we get at the beginning. It's a small change, but a positive one.

Though, honestly, I too think that "Elite" is just the wrong word for it - it makes it sound better than Heroic.
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    firethorne wrote:
    xKOBALTx wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

From my math, 3☆ rates are seemingly identical. Heroics are .6% per character * 40 characters = 24%. Though, agree that the removal of the 4☆ pool went to increase the 2☆ pool in their new tokens.
    You are correct. It appears I made the mistake of calculating with the 40-pack rate, instead of the single pack.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Tinykitty! Now I need another column in my token tracker.

Also, since there's no chance of drawing a 4* from one of these, I probably won't be able to nail down the 4* percentage in the Standard tokens. Seriously. I have been assured that people have drawn 4*s from Standard tokens, though I have not (out of over 5500,) I was thinking that the chance was probably around .02% and I was just unlucky.

Seriously, though, this sounds like a nice thing - improving our rewards (a little) from PVE tokens and the one PVP token we get at the beginning. It's a small change, but a positive one.

Though, honestly, I too think that "Elite" is just the wrong word for it - it makes it sound better than Heroic.
    They should call these "Standard" and move the current standard ones to "Sub-Standard".

The Facebook save is still unchecking when closing the app in this update.