S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level: New Elite Tokens

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Philly79 wrote:
    as if the odds on other tokens are not low enough, you guys throw us 76% & 24%? Seriously, who comes up with this stuff? I mean is this not an odd number to pick and obviously one that is in favor of 2* covers? We already get a good supply of 2* covers randomly from LR's, PvP, etc... couldn't we have gotten 75%/ 25% or 74%/ 26% or heaven forbid that you guys go 70%/ 30% icon_e_surprised.gif .....as I have been saying all along, loosen the icy grip just a bit more, players will thank you for it...

A lot of this ^

For a long time covers have not been the major issue, it's ISO.
    If I got 13 covers of a new 4* character within a month, it would still take me some significant time to get around to levelling them up to 270 and champ them.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

"Starting with S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels, there will be a new token that players can earn: Elite Tokens.

Elite tokens will replace Standard tokens starting in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 5 (Rank 20+) to help players transitioning from 2-Star to 3-Star rosters."

After reviewing the preview of the rewards for Clearance 6 I think this needs to be replaced with:

Elite tokens will replace Heroic tokens starting in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 5 (Rank 20+) to prevent players transitioning from 3-Star to 4-Star rosters

Well, THESE are a massive disappointment already.

Will there ever be a Clearance Level where they do replace 100 iso8 tokens?
  • well, after having done a round of the subs (at SCL7) I can say that the OP is at the least a bit misleading.
    There has been exactly one standard token replaced with an elite token an that is in progression.
    All other standard tokens are still there.
    The only other place I see elite tokens is in placement where they replace 3* covers, which for me is a bad trade.

So I conclude that the new PVE format will net me 1 elite token per event. (unless I do poorly in placement and get them there.)

Hopefully higher clearance levels will be more elite token friendly, other wise what is the point of them?

Cheers Rico (Kenofalte)
  • The Herald
    I'm really hoping they just forgot to recode this event...

Failing that, I hope to they will promise the overhaul at higher Clearance Levels so we can work towards a less demoralising grind fest.

What I REALLY hope we do not see is a hand wavey "1* covers are totes always relevant and yours 5evar" response after getting our hopes up.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    I don't even see any Elite tokens for progression.

I also don't see a screen to redeem Elite tokens. Where is that? It goes Standard > Heroic > Legendary > Lord of Thunder > Gauntlet vault > Taco vault > DP vs MPQ vault > closed Taco vault.
  • The Herald
    xidragonxi wrote:
    I don't even see any Elite tokens for progression.

I also don't see a screen to redeem Elite tokens. Where is that? It goes Standard > Heroic > Legendary > Lord of Thunder > Gauntlet vault > Taco vault > DP vs MPQ vault > closed Taco vault.

That'll be because those screens are for buying them.

You likely won't be able to hoard Elites and it will just be a forced opening as soon as you would get one.

Which... Now I think about it may induce rage at tines O.o
  • The Herald
    Is there any official word yet on whether Elite Tokens have failed to be implemented, or if their implementation was miscommunicated?
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I think making a new token makes sense because they can't just say "standard tokens are better for high tier players" because there are probably players hoarding thousands of standards who would all of a sudden be able to maxchamp all the two stars over and over instead of mostly getting 1-star ISO. The hoarding behavior kind of forces them to make a new token, just like they will probably eventually 'retire' the current Taco tokens when they decide to make Tacos better--e.g. introduce Spicy and Salty tokens and never have Sweet or Savory again.

Looks like they slipped up on this one though. Can't wait to see what Levels 8-10 look like--I assume the progression requirements will be higher but give you more and better stuff.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    ErikPeter wrote:
    I think making a new token makes sense because they can't just say "standard tokens are better for high tier players" because there are probably players hoarding thousands of standards who would all of a sudden be able to maxchamp all the two stars over and over instead of mostly getting 1-star ISO. The hoarding behavior kind of forces them to make a new token, just like they will probably eventually 'retire' the current Taco tokens when they decide to make Tacos better--e.g. introduce Spicy and Salty tokens and never have Sweet or Savory again.

Looks like they slipped up on this one though. Can't wait to see what Levels 8-10 look like--I assume the progression requirements will be higher but give you more and better stuff.

I am one of those who hoards tokens because I don't like getting too many characters I have to sell because i don't have the roster slots for them. I'm fine with them making a new token as long as I don't lose the Standards I have been hoarding. If they would ever get rid of them so they no longer function, they should let us know so I can open my over 2800 of them.

Also, is the new Taco token speculation? What makes you think they need new ones of those?
  • The Herald
    Just speculation probably.

We know the Devs don't like the hoarding behaviour, but they haven't really had a work around as yet.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Gotcha.

Well, if covers didn't expire, I wouldn't hoard a single token. icon_lol.gif
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Why unsticked?

Standard tokens are NOT replaced for clearance lv5+. Why? Wrong coded or wrong announced?
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    I'm also puzzled by this. For the record, I think the Elite token idea is good and have no issue with the odds if it means always pulling a 2 or 3* instead of a 1*, as initially stated. As others note, though, standards still show up in prog rewards, and it looks like there are also fewer event tokens. Has there been an error, or have we misunderstood?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same old story really, introduce a new feature and over-promise on what it offers, feature goes live and the official post gets unstickied with no further word in a hope that people will forget about the initial claims made by the devs. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • edgewriter
    edgewriter Posts: 68 Match Maker
    I only see Elite tokens as end of event rewards. I have not seen them in any way replace standard tokens during the event. I am at clearance level 7 and Deadpool's event has given me several standard tokens so far. Maybe this is as intended and they just misspoke? Maybe I should have posted this as a bug in the technical support section?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

With the arrival of Marvel Puzzle Quest's R109 update today - many of you will notice a new type of token in the game. Here's Anthony at Demiurge to tell you a bit about it:

"Starting with S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels, there will be a new token that players can earn: Elite Tokens.

The contents of Elite tokens consist mainly of 2-Stars (76%) with 3-Stars being a rarer reward (24%). Elite tokens will replace Standard tokens starting in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 5 (Rank 20+) to help players transitioning from 2-Star to 3-Star rosters."
    CL7 and all standards in DP V MPQ are plain old standards

Are we suppose to just sit on standards while this gets sorted out?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not confident it will be sorted out, and even if it is, I expect it to be on a "going forward" basis. I mean, we'll know in the next day or two if the Elite Tokens are going to have their own page to open from, à la standards and Heroics, or if they're going to open automatically on acquisition (once people reach the one in progression).

If there's no dedicated Elite page, how are they going to convert the appropriate number of standard tokens for everybody in the community? Or even if there is one? Would they handle it as a blast, or require people to open tickets so CSRs can verify the number of standard tokens earned so they can then bestow the appropriate number of Elites?

If this isn't "working as intended," I think the fix will be in place for future events, but I can't see any remedy happening for this event that involves converting the tokens you've earned. MY recommendation would be to go ahead and smoke 'em if you got 'em, but what do I know?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now, that SAID, the fact that standard tokens got moved from slot 2 to slot 4 in the trivial loot table suggests to me they WERE meant to be Elites; pushing them further back because they're higher-value tokens.

But I also kinda feel like, it was pointed out in the preview tables yesterday, today's still only Thursday, there should have been communication if it was a goof that they're aware of and looking at fixing.

So, again, what do I know?
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    gotta say I am with people where this is missleading.

oh well I had good luck with my standards and like 60% of them were 2 star covers.

would have been nice if they all were though, especially since moonstone is required and she is the only 2 star I don't have champed that isn't a joke character icon_razz.gif

well I mean an actual joke character, even with her rebalance she is still quite a joke to have on your roster icon_razz.gif
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    *Changed the last line in the original post to hopefully be clearer. The line now reads:

"Currently, Elite tokens are seen as Progression and Placement rewards starting in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 5 (Rank 20+)."