How To Defeat S.H.I.E.L.D Alliance

Options

Comments

• Comes back from camping anniversary trip with the missus to check the forums and finally join the Simulator...
    Notices this thread is still going and pokes head in to see what's new...
    Strongly considers heading back into the woods...

Guess you were literally out walking on paths.
  • Comes back from camping anniversary trip with the missus to check the forums and finally join the Simulator...

I long for the good old days when everyone 'hated' just us. Maybe after these subs end icon_twisted.gif

Guess you were literally out walking on paths.

You know it! I got a rep to maintain. icon_e_smile.gif
  • klingsor wrote:
    Do you guys know someone that watches reality TV? Well I wanted to emulate that kind of "I wonder what happens next!" feeling. I have a million other games to play so I have no need to sit here and be insulted. I quit. Enjoy the rest of the tournament.
    Don't think anyone wants you to quit, although oddly you've posted elsewhere on the forums since saying that, you do (occasionally icon_e_biggrin.gif ) contribute useful posts. Just less of the Drama Queen act, there is enough drama going on in real life without adding make believe forum fights here.
  • jozier wrote:
    Yo you are a mess of insecurity if you are seriously triyng to push some sort of "I was roleplaying as a ****" line. You acted like a **** to start which is why people left your alliance in the first place, only for you to run around claiming that we were actively poaching people from your alliance.

Your obsession with winning sort of demonstrates that this isn't an act for you, you are legitimately obsessed with trying to win. You kick members out who weren't hitting score thresholds you wanted and you acted like a nut job.

Even now, your alliance is so childish as to upvote each other so you can abuse the downvote system. I have the requisite 25 downvotes but you don't see me going around downvoting all your posts (**** or otherwise) because again, I'm not a child obsessed with being the best.

It's fine that you clearly crave the respect people like Nemek and WYP and TheLadder have had in this game simply by being good and not being hated on the forums, but you take it to some serious extremes.

just want to add a little to this. I think everyone's opinion formed when the first alliance event started and everyone was scrambling to get into a good alliance. you were one of the more vocal people in the forums trying to get a good team and it just seemed that you let everyone in regardless of who they were but then then when you realized that you had a chance of growing a team you started to get cut throat with kicking people out at a moments notice and replacing them with whoever had the better roster. This makes it seem like you don't value people, you don't value your teammates, they are just a means to an end in order for you to have a strong alliance.

Now the dust has settled and you have your team, you now have a stable roster but people still remember how that all went down. Add to that the almost split personality that you have when posting (lashing out and then trying to make peace) and you have to figure it will take a while for people to start taking you seriously.

I think everyone understands that you just want to do something kick ****. You want people to sing songs about Klingor and how he toppled the mighty giant against all odds. But I also think you want respect and you can't force your way into that. you have to appreciate people, the people on your team, the people on the forum, and the game itself. People can feel that if it's genuine and you have to trust that the respect will come over time.

The senior guys on the forum didn't go out looking to make themselves leaders, they just started being active and helpful to people.
  • What hurts me the most *wipes away tears* is that this post was all about defeating S.H.I.E.L.D and now look, people actually want you guys to win. I don't know how that happened. icon_question.gif
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    klingsor wrote:
    You sir are an Idiot if you seriously think comparing me to Hitler is a good argument.
    Ergo, less Hitler, more Taylor Swift. icon_e_wink.gif

Also, commas.
  • What hurts me the most *wipes away tears* is that this post was all about defeating S.H.I.E.L.D and now look, people actually want you guys to win. I don't know how that happened. icon_question.gif

icon_e_wink.gif
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What hurts me the most *wipes away tears* is that this post was all about defeating S.H.I.E.L.D and now look, people actually want you guys to win. I don't know how that happened. icon_question.gif

For what it worth, im rooting for Django.
  • Clint wrote:
    What hurts me the most *wipes away tears* is that this post was all about defeating S.H.I.E.L.D and now look, people actually want you guys to win. I don't know how that happened. icon_question.gif

For what it worth, im rooting for Django.

Flattery will get you everywhere, darling.
  • Dude I'm probably the only 16 year old girl that plays this game. When I'm at the mall with friends I sneak in a few rounds. When I'm at the beach tanning I sneak in a few rounds. When I was at the fair people was like " stop playing that gay @ss game". Im going on a cruise for spring break and 50% of that time will be spent playing mpq.

I have 3 accounts and I'm addicted. I NEED REHAB. * eye starts twitching *
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Unity wrote:
    New MPQ slogan: "It's like cocaine, but free."
  • Unity wrote:
    Dude I'm probably the only 16 year old girl that plays this game. When I'm at the mall with friends I sneak in a few rounds. When I'm at the beach tanning I sneak in a few rounds. When I was at the fair people was like " stop playing that gay @ss game". Im going on a cruise for spring break and 50% of that time will be spent playing mpq.

Better an MPQ addiction than jersey shore or whatever it is teenage girls usually care about now a days. Just think of it as luminosity with pretty pictures and flashy lights. You are becoming smarter.
  • Unity wrote:
    Dude I'm probably the only 16 year old girl that plays this game. When I'm at the mall with friends I sneak in a few rounds. When I'm at the beach tanning I sneak in a few rounds. When I was at the fair people was like " stop playing that gay @ss game". Im going on a cruise for spring break and 50% of that time will be spent playing mpq.

Unfortunately that statement is false, HailMary is also a 16 year old girl...well actually he wishes he could be, been a tranny and all. Bazinga
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    klingsor wrote:
    You sir are an Idiot if you seriously think comparing me to Hitler is a good argument.

Also, commas.

Hey, I knew he was trouble when he walked in.
  • Twysta wrote:
    HailMary wrote:
    klingsor wrote:

Also, commas.

lol. Now I have that stupid (trouble, trouble, trouble) tune stuck in my head.

HailMary, I know you are a UnwiseOne fanboy/fangirl, but I will refer you to Godwin's Law, so you in the future, you sound less like a moron. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law Thanks for the grammar lesson though!
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    HailMary wrote:
    klingsor wrote:

Also, commas.

I love the masterful way you quote Taylor Swift songs in your reply, its both witty and contemporary when discussing 16 year old girls.
  • Unity wrote:
    Dude...

Man, why would you say that. I feel so bad for your inbox!
  • Telepath wrote:
    Unity wrote:
    Dude...

For all we know,it could be lies. "she" could be a 38 year old overweight chain-smoking,McDonalds eating,beer-belching dude.....like the rest of us.
  • Telepath wrote:
    Unity wrote:
    Dude...

For all we know,it could be lies. "she" could be a 38 year old overweight chain-smoking,McDonalds eating,beer-belching dude.....like the rest of us.

See, there you go insulting people again. How dare you accuse me of eating McDonalds!
This discussion has been closed.