How To Defeat S.H.I.E.L.D Alliance

Options

Comments

• dlaw008 wrote:
    I'm sure this goes in here and makes a lot of sense, too.

I figured out the simplest and most straightforward way of explaining this alliance competition stuff.

When alliances started forming it was like battle of the crazy chick bands night. Then some alliances went up to perform, thinking they had it nailed, with their Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, and Kati Perry lineup. Only then to discover that the band following them was Lada Gaga, Nicki Minaj, and Ke$ha. The Travelling Wilbereens.

There you go, Shield, that is an easy way to explain you guys. I'm not sure which one of the three is TheLadder yet.

First someone casts George Clooney to act as me (laughable), now you're trying to cast me as one of those 'singers'!

I'm not sure I can cope with the excitement.
  • Clint wrote:
    What hurts me the most *wipes away tears* is that this post was all about defeating S.H.I.E.L.D and now look, people actually want you guys to win. I don't know how that happened. icon_question.gif

For what it worth, im rooting for Django.

Thanks!

We are acquitting ourselves reasonably well. When we formed, I just let in the first four guys that wanted. I had seen them post about the forums and thought, lucky me, I like those guys. Then when we expanded, we put almost no emphasis on roster size or strength. We never turned anyone away based on their roster. The first thing we always did was backtrack through people's forum posts and make sure we like the tone and tenor of their conversations. We wanted active players and almost all of us are daily grinders, but beyond looking at someone's roster to try to gauge how much time and care they spent on it we didn't care. No level requirements, no star requirements, nothing like that.

I think our attitude has paid off, even in the standings. We may not be number one (yet), but everyone genuinely likes each other and we all push harder and grind a little more in order to help out the whole team. It's gratifying to see our name in the leaderboards, and especially so because we get to share it with a bunch of people we like. Friends, as it were. I'm glad we went about things this way.

Now enough of that sappy ****. Shield - Django is coming for you!
  • The Ladder wrote:
    dlaw008 wrote:
    I'm sure this goes in here and makes a lot of sense, too.

I figured out the simplest and most straightforward way of explaining this alliance competition stuff.

When alliances started forming it was like battle of the crazy chick bands night. Then some alliances went up to perform, thinking they had it nailed, with their Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, and Kati Perry lineup. Only then to discover that the band following them was Lada Gaga, Nicki Minaj, and Ke$ha. The Travelling Wilbereens.

There you go, Shield, that is an easy way to explain you guys. I'm not sure which one of the three is TheLadder yet.

First someone casts George Clooney to act as me (laughable), now you're trying to cast me as one of those 'singers'!

I'm not sure I can cope with the excitement.

I'll be lady gaga. That way I can wear my dinner and not look weird.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Not weird at all. In fact, you look good enough to eat.
    klingsor wrote:
    I don't get all these pop based Metaphors. Who are the Travelling Wilvereens. I only listen to Beethoven, Mozart and Chopin. (joking! I do know who Nicki Minaj is, she has a big butt and says "young money" a lot (what does that mean?)
    Ha, you and me, both. Travelling Wilbereens sounds like one of those "indie" bands that are so hipster they're not allowed to be hip ("We're soooo like the Traveling Wilburys, but, like, soooo not."). As a classically trained musician, I cannot, in good conscience, call what Nicki Minaj creates "music." She's like the Damien Hirst of mainstream music.
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    Clint wrote:
    What hurts me the most *wipes away tears* is that this post was all about defeating S.H.I.E.L.D and now look, people actually want you guys to win. I don't know how that happened. icon_question.gif

For what it worth, im rooting for Django.

Thanks!

We are acquitting ourselves reasonably well. When we formed, I just let in the first four guys that wanted. I had seen them post about the forums and thought, lucky me, I like those guys. Then when we expanded, we put almost no emphasis on roster size or strength. We never turned anyone away based on their roster. The first thing we always did was backtrack through people's forum posts and make sure we like the tone and tenor of their conversations. We wanted active players and almost all of us are daily grinders, but beyond looking at someone's roster to try to gauge how much time and care they spent on it we didn't care. No level requirements, no star requirements, nothing like that.

I think our attitude has paid off, even in the standings. We may not be number one (yet), but everyone genuinely likes each other and we all push harder and grind a little more in order to help out the whole team. It's gratifying to see our name in the leaderboards, and especially so because we get to share it with a bunch of people we like. Friends, as it were. I'm glad we went about things this way.

Now enough of that sappy ****. Shield - Django is coming for you!

Why you make me cry? Funny how things work out huh? It feels like only 2 weeks ago it was the 5 of us, probably cause it was.
  • HailMary wrote:
    Not weird at all. In fact, you look good enough to eat.
    klingsor wrote:
    I don't get all these pop based Metaphors. Who are the Travelling Wilvereens. I only listen to Beethoven, Mozart and Chopin. (joking! I do know who Nicki Minaj is, she has a big butt and says "young money" a lot (what does that mean?)
    Ha, you and me, both. Travelling Wilbereens sounds like one of those "indie" bands that are so hipster they're not allowed to be hip ("We're soooo like the Traveling Wilburys, but, like, soooo not."). As a classically trained musician, I cannot, in good conscience, call what Nicki Minaj creates "music." She's like the Damien Hirst of mainstream music.

I rate her lower on a scale of worth than slugs and other gross bugs and stuff. I'm sure they have at least some use on this planet.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Yeah,

Or I could be a 98 year old Tranny jacking off to lazy Thor just because he's so flubbery. :3

Or I could be a 11 year old boy with a multiple personality disorder.

Or I could be a 25 year old girl with big **** and a puppy named Chico.

Or I could have a chicken booty and wear high wasted shorts to show it off.

Or I could be a 37 year old perveted man who likes it in the back door.

Or I could be a 4 year old girl who likes murdering people.

Or I could be a pig who wears bras.

Its so many possiblties. (;
  • Unity wrote:
    Yeah,

Or I could be a 98 year old Tranny jacking off to lazy Thor just because he's so flubbery. :3

Or I could be a 4 year old girl who likesurdering people.

I vote a mysterious gypsy traveling the globe in search of the rarest flavors of bubble gum.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Unity wrote:
    Yeah,

I am going to say it is most unlikely to be a 4 year old, though my daughter does come up with words like "likesurdering" but that is just because she puts random letters together. You type much better than a 4 year old, so, I am going to go ahead and remove that one from the list of possibilities.

Everything else remains viable.
  • Unity wrote:
    Yeah,

Or I could be a 4 year old girl who likes murdering people.

Fine with me.
  • Could be your father and it could be your mother
    Could be your sister, could be your brother
    Could be a foreigner, could be a Turk
    Could be a cyclist out looking for work. Norman
    Could be a king, could be the Aga khan
    Could be a Vietnam vet with no arms and no legs
    Could be a saint, could be a sinner
    Could be a loser or it could be a winner
    Could be a banker, could be a baker
    Could be a Laker, could be Kareem Abdul Jabar
    Could be a male voice choir
    Could be a lover, could be a fighter
    Could be a super heavyweight, or it could be
    something lighter
    Could be a cripple, could be a freak
    Could be a wop, gook, geek
    Could be a cop, could be a thief
    Could be a family of ten living in one room on relief
    Could be our leaders in their concrete tombs
    With their tinned food and their silver spoons
    Could be the pilot with God on his side
    Could be the kid in the middle of the bomb sight
    Could be a fanatic, could be a terrorist
    Could be a dentist, could be a psychiatrist
    Could be humble, could be proud
    Could be a face in the crowd
    Could be the soldier in the white cravat
    Who turns the key in spite of the fact
    That this is the end of the cat and mouse
    Who dwelt in the house
    Where the laughter rang and the tears were spilt
    The house that Jack built
    Where the laughter rang and the tears were spilt
    The house that Jack built
    Bang, bang, shoot, shoot
    White gloved thumb, Lord thy will be done
    He was always a good boy his mother said
    He'll do his duty when he's grown, yeah
    Everybody's got someone they call home
  • I'm starting to think Travelling Wilbereens is not a joke about how Wolverine gets around to every team in the marvel universe...

icon_redface.gif
  • Unity wrote:
    Yeah,

I vote a mysterious gypsy traveling the globe in search of the rarest flavors of bubble gum.
    I would have said riding an elephant around the world collecting different colour and flavour jelly beans from each country you visit. No age required as you are probably an ageless entity that just is.
  • I'm starting to think Travelling Wilbereens is not a joke about how Wolverine gets around to every team in the marvel universe...

icon_redface.gif

That's actually not a bad idea!

Really I was just showing my age. Like "hey, Broken English is a Super-Group! They've got like John Waite, and some guys from Journey! Oh, hello there Traveling Wilburys."
  • I'm getting my bellybutton pierced tomorrow. That should be fun and take my mind off of mpq. o.e
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unless you play MPQ while it gets done... icon_neutral.gif
  • So it seems the WYP effect is in...effect...wait.

While I was out and about, chopping trees and wrestling bears and being manly, the little guys' Alliance, S.H.I.E.L.D is right there with us! Man, this is so exciting. Maybe if we all hold hands and prey they can win again!
    ...Wait, the difference is the 5DV have decided to take a little break. That's right, 50% of us aren't playing right now. All I have to do, is say the word, and BAM, 1 Million points crossed, just like that. Can't understime WYP. He is truly lethal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ygRholyh5g
  • Just curious why I was kicked from S.H.I.E.L.D. I am in the top 5 in the current tournie and have a pretty solid lineup?

CH
  • Just curious why I was kicked from S.H.I.E.L.D. I am in the top 5 in the current tournie and have a pretty solid lineup?

CH

and.....replaced by people with a max character @ 115? Ouch... that hurts...
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Well now my CH thread just looks creepy:
    http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5259

I really wish you would have reached out. Hit me or walkyourpath up on PM if you want to talk about it.
This discussion has been closed.