How To Defeat S.H.I.E.L.D Alliance

Options
Step by step guide on how to defeat the S.H.I.E.L.D Alliance.

Step 1: Murder them while they sleep.

Comments

• Step 2: You don't.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I don't think you need to resort to murdering them...you could hack them and reset their game progress. That'd be MPQ murder...
  • I think there's nothing to be afraid. They are tough. They have near perfect rosters. They are dedicated. They are online 24/7.

But we will get there eventually.
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I don't think you need to resort to murdering them...you could hack them and reset their game progress. That'd be MPQ murder...

That is only a temprorary solution.

They would come back... stronger... and out for revenge....

S.H.I.E.L.D R.E.B.O.R.N
  • I don't think you need to resort to murdering them...you could hack them and reset their game progress. That'd be MPQ murder...

But they would come back, they are like Terminators.
  • akboyce wrote:

That is only a temprorary solution.

They would come back... stronger... and out for revenge....

S.H.I.E.L.D R.E.B.O.R.N

Attention to detail on the letter D. I'd give this a thumbs up if I could. Oh
  • Gotta take em out from the inside. Someone join their alliance as a spy.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Gotta take em out from the inside. Someone join their alliance as a spy.

Makes me think about all the awesome stories I read about EVE Online, I love reading that stuff. Corporate espionage and the like. Maybe I'm a sleeper agent and I don't even know it yet?!?!

Someone will PM me with the codeword 'bagyourpath' and I'll start kicking people from the team at the end of a tourney!

That would work on most of us, but The Ladder NEVER sleeps. icon_e_biggrin.gif

We can send MechGouki to infiltrate them and if they figure it out, we will deny everything.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options

Adhemar: And how would you beat him?
    Fence: With a stick. While he slept. But on a horse, with a lance? That man is unbeatable.

Makes me think about all the awesome stories I read about EVE Online, I love reading that stuff. Corporate espionage and the like. Maybe I'm a sleeper agent and I don't even know it yet?!?!

Someone will PM me with the codeword 'bagyourpath' and I'll start kicking people from the team at the end of a tourney!

Manchurian Candidate - MPQ Style!

Haha! Love it!
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Haha well played akboyce!

And MPQ sleeper agents...someone call Jack Bauer and Nicholas Brody!

Wasn't it eve online where one guy killed another over an in-game sword he wouldn't sell?

"No I will not send you a standard token" *stabby stabby*
  • Someone will PM me with the codeword 'bagyourpath' and I'll start kicking people from the team at the end of a tourney!

bag-manyourpath
  • If you want to beat them, tank during LRs and push painfully hard during the end with a 20 man alliance. Thing is, there aren't that many dedicated players, and the ones that are are already in that alliance. There's another thing to consider though - that they may extend the rewards from top 1 alliance to top 5 for that bracket. Top 1 is a little **** in my not-so-friendly opinion, and encourages exactly what we're seeing, almost all of the game's whales to collaborate and circlejerk at the top.

Wasn't it eve online where one guy killed another over an in-game sword he wouldn't sell?

"No I will not send you a standard token" *stabby stabby*

Must be why d3 won't Institute cover trading. Some would kill for that spidey blue, GSBW green and hulk black. As a side project, I will create a hack to steal all competing alliance HP mt.gox style. Everyone else will be HP bankrupt.
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    If you want to beat them, tank during LRs and push painfully hard during the end with a 20 man alliance. Thing is, there aren't that many dedicated players, and the ones that are are already in that alliance. There's another thing to consider though - that they may extend the rewards from top 1 alliance to top 5 for that bracket. Top 1 is a little **** in my not-so-friendly opinion, and encourages exactly what we're seeing, almost all of the game's whales to collaborate and circlejerk at the top.

I agree that rewards will get tweaked but honestly top 250 got nearly same reward of a BP cover sans the HP.
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I agree that rewards will get tweaked but honestly top 250 got nearly same reward of a BP cover sans the HP.

Hahaha, good one. Those HP you want to exclude are 5 friggin hundred. That's three tournaments worth.
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    If you want to beat them, tank during LRs and push painfully hard during the end with a 20 man alliance. Thing is, there aren't that many dedicated players, and the ones that are are already in that alliance. There's another thing to consider though - that they may extend the rewards from top 1 alliance to top 5 for that bracket. Top 1 is a little **** in my not-so-friendly opinion, and encourages exactly what we're seeing, almost all of the game's whales to collaborate and circlejerk at the top.

I ABSOLUTELY agree that there needs to be juicier 2-5 and 6-10/6-15 awards for alliance tourneys. 2-50 as a reward tier is super demotivating.

Point of order: We recently outlawed S.H.I.E.L.D circle-jerks, as it excludes the awesome female players on our team.
  • pasa_ wrote:

Adhemar: And how would you beat him?
    Fence: With a stick. While he slept. But on a horse, with a lance? That man is unbeatable.

Knight's Tale, great film icon_e_biggrin.gif
This discussion has been closed.