How To Defeat S.H.I.E.L.D Alliance

Options

Comments

• As disturbing as it sounds I could actually imagine people would kill others over covers if they ever did implement such a system.

"The puzzle quest killer has struck again,Detectives are baffled by the serial killers calling card. A single Bagman badge pinned to the corpses forehead"

"The leading officer on the case gave this statement". "WHY BAGMAN"?
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    As disturbing as it sounds I could actually imagine people would kill others over covers if they ever did implement such a system.

"The puzzle quest killer has struck again,Detectives are baffled by the serial killers calling card. A single Bagman badge pinned to the corpses forehead"

There is a CSI miami David Caruso bit in here somewhere...
  • As disturbing as it sounds I could actually imagine people would kill others over covers if they ever did implement such a system.

There is a CSI miami David Caruso bit in here somewhere...

Yes, there's no doubt he'd respond with a....

*puts on sunglasses*

... Snarky Remark.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I am so adding ADT home security now.
  • Haha! We have already infiltrated that organization! You vill never be safe! Muhuhahahahahahahaha!
  • Rajjeq wrote:
    Haha! We have already infiltrated that organization! You vill never be safe! Muhuhahahahahahahaha!

If my wife ups my life insurance policy death benefits, I will know the mole.
  • *LOCK*

- completely ridiculous subject

- obviously we get a jump on them in MPQ2 while they're still playing MPQ1

Or alternatively start a month before them and outspend.

There are probably 10k people just as fast and able to see where a cascade will fall but most don't have the time or money, and even more play other games too icon_e_wink.gif

DC vs M PQ?
  • Gotta take em out from the inside. Someone join their alliance as a spy.

Makes me think about all the awesome stories I read about EVE Online, I love reading that stuff. Corporate espionage and the like. Maybe I'm a sleeper agent and I don't even know it yet?!?!

Someone will PM me with the codeword 'bagyourpath' and I'll start kicking people from the team at the end of a tourney!

I used to play EVE online and it was serious business. I made so much ISK that I never had to pay the montly fee, and eventually it turned into an actual Mafia, with rackets and everything. Once I wanted out I tried to sell my Character and get a return on my investment, but the devs found out and banned me for life, thus curing me of my MMO addiction. I still remember watching the space battles on EVE TV in real-time, with commentary.

As far as how to defeat Shield? Right now they can only defeat themselves. Take Jachdo for example. He was trying to finish his LR in top spot but decided to hit me on the way. Big mistake. Because I waited until the end and dropped his **** out of contention. Not content? He charged at me again, and got smacked right back down. Mind you, I was at the bottom of the pool hanging out and he was at the top, so my victories were costing him 45 points each. He has a very nice roster. But at the end of the day it's how you use it.

Anyway walkyourpath. If you ever get tired of the Shield Circle Jerk © Feel free to come join us instead icon_e_wink.gif
  • klingsor wrote:
    As far as how to defeat Shield? Right now they can only defeat themselves. Take Jachdo for example. He was trying to finish his LR in top spot but decided to hit me on the way. Big mistake. Because I waited until the end and dropped his **** out of contention. Not content? He charged at me again, and got smacked right back down. Mind you, I was at the bottom of the pool hanging out and he was at the top, so my victories were costing him 45 points each. He has a very nice roster. But at the end of the day it's how you use it.

Anyway walkyourpath. If you ever get tired of the Shield Circle Jerk © Feel free to come join us instead icon_e_wink.gif

Take a look at that roster again. It's been a long time since I needed to win a Lightning Round. You were the game, kind sir -- not the Lightning Round.

A rather disappointing one too, I'm afraid.
  • Jachdo wrote:
    klingsor wrote:

Take a look at that roster again. It's been a long time since I needed to win a Lightning Round. You were the game, kind sir -- not the Lightning Round.

You were the game? Not the lightning round? That doesn't even make sense dude. I think you need to take a look at that statement again.
  • Jachdo wrote:

Something something, no, I wasn't trying, you were! Haha, try hard!
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Jachdo wrote:
    klingsor wrote:

I'm a little confused. So If I was the game, are you saying you were getting to top 3 to bait me intro destroying you, so that you could hit me for 8 points? Well if that's the case, well played sir, well played.
  • Jachdo wrote:
    klingsor wrote:

You were the game? Not the lightning round? That doesn't even make sense dude. I think you need to take a look at that statement again.

Please excuse me, I'm not sure if that's an attempt to undermine my post or if you really just don't understand. In any case, I'll spell it out for you.

I play these tournaments because it's easy ISO and because I enjoy it. Anyone in our Alliance will tell you that I enjoy a good retaliation war, so when Your Lord first attacked, it was game on. Unfortunately, he wasn't into it. That brilliant strategy of hanging back and attacking at the very end is as pointless as it was transparent. Any person that has played this game for more than a week knows that retaliating against a weaker positioned opponent won't win you any tournaments.

Your Lord implies that I don't play well, despite having a good roster. This either means that he doesn't pay attention to leaderboards, or that he is feigning stupidity in order to elevate his own position at the expense of others. Use your head. I've won, what? maybe 6 LR's this week? He knows this...and despite having this need to wage some infantile one-sided war against our alliance, I know he's smart enough to make the connection.

I thoroughly enjoyed coming to this board to discuss a game that I love playing. Unfortunately, I've had to step back because I see it devolving into this nonsense. The irony here is that no one in SHIELD is putting out hit lists or devaluing other players -- yet somehow we are the bad guys. There is no hierachy in our alliance, no rules, no high counsel. We are simply a group of people that enjoy playing. We treat each other with respect and enjoy sharing our knowledge and conversation.

I shouldn't have wrote the comment above, but I did. It bothers me. I'm just fed up with this adolescent ridiculousness. We get it -- you are the best, you are the most elite alliance -- fine. I'll put it in my signature if that makes you happy. Just please stop already.
  • Jachdo wrote:
    Jachdo wrote:
    klingsor wrote:

Please excuse me, I'm not sure if that's an attempt to undermine my post or if you really just don't understand. In any case, I'll spell it out for you.

I play these tournaments because it's easy ISO and because I enjoy it. Anyone in our Alliance will tell you that I enjoy a good retaliation war, so when Your Lord first attacked, it was game on. Unfortunately, he wasn't into it. That brilliant strategy of hanging back and attacking at the very end is as pointless as it was transparent. Any person that has played this game for more than a week knows that retaliating against a weaker positioned opponent won't win you any tournaments.

Your Lord implies that I don't play well, despite having a good roster. This either means that he doesn't pay attention to leaderboards, or that he is feigning stupidity in order to elevate his own position at the expense of others. Use your head. I've won, what? maybe 6 LR's this week? He knows this...and despite having this need to wage some infantile one-sided war against our alliance, I know he's smart enough to make the connection.

I thoroughly enjoyed coming to this board to discuss a game that I love playing. Unfortunately, I've had to step back because I see it devolving into this nonsense. The irony here is that no one in SHIELD is putting out hit lists or devaluing other players -- yet somehow we are the bad guys. There is no hierachy in our alliance, no rules, no high counsel. We are simply a group of people that enjoy playing. We treat each other with respect and enjoy sharing our knowledge and conversation.

I shouldn't have wrote the comment above, but I did. It bothers me. I'm just fed up with this adolescent ridiculousness. We get it -- you are the best, you are the most elite alliance -- fine. I'll put it in my signature if that makes you happy. Just please stop already.

Just for starters I have no lord. I never said anything about your alliance. I simply stated that the comeback you came up with made no sense. It was full of nonsensical **** and was a petty attempt to look smart followed by a post that insults a lot if people, mostly direct. Your are really trying to keep the non sense out aren't you mr high and mighty.
  • Burn this thread down and ban everyone that participated in it for a day. Let them all sit in thier shame circle and reflect on their lives.

icon_cool.gif
  • klingsor wrote:

I'm a little confused. So If I was the game, are you saying you were getting to top 3 to bait me intro destroying you, so that you could hit me for 8 points? Well if that's the case, well played sir, well played.

Placing on top sometimes happens even when you aren't trying to. Depending on the featured character, how easy the fights are, and how much fun I'm having, I'll either play to 250, 500, or just until it ends. I knew I wouldn't get to play this last one, so I decided to play this one through.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to sell those covers for ISO, but I'm certainly not going worry to about. Had this been a tournament offering something I wanted, that would be a different story.
  • Jachdo wrote:
    Your Lord implies that I don't play well, despite having a good roster.

He'll imply it, I'll just straight up say it - you don't. Part of playing the game is smartly acquiring covers over time with minimal loss, and judging by your cover-maxed Black Panther and Thor (while there is an event giving him out, at that), you don't read between the lines very well. Of course, it's your time and money to throw away, but seeing you at the top of several LRs without anything but ISO to take away from them, and then trying to brag that you're hot stuff due to the roster you've purchased? There are a lot of painful points to highlight here, and I'll leave it to others to choose one of their liking.
  • I like the S.H.I.E.L.D alliance. The members who frequent the forum are helpful and humble. They don't brag or hate on people. They give hints and write up guides and share their knowledge with the community instead of hoarding it all to stay at the top of the leader boards.

With that said, if there is a feasible plan to take them down and put fittedkitchens at the top - I am all in.
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    Jachdo wrote:
    Your Lord implies that I don't play well, despite having a good roster.

He'll imply it, I'll just straight up say it - you don't. Part of playing the game is smartly acquiring covers over time with minimal loss, and judging by your cover-maxed Black Panther and Thor (while there is an event giving him out, at that), you don't read between the lines very well. Of course, it's your time and money to throw away, but seeing you at the top of several LRs without anything but ISO to take away from them, and then trying to brag that you're hot stuff due to the roster you've purchased? There are a lot of painful points to highlight here, and I'll leave it to others to choose one of their liking.

Did you read this post, or just hit reply?
  • I like the S.H.I.E.L.D alliance. The members who frequent the forum are helpful and humble. They don't brag or hate on people. They give hints and write up guides and share their knowledge with the community instead of hoarding it all to stay at the top of the leader boards.

With that said, if there is a feasible plan to take them down and put fittedkitchens at the top - I am all in.

Thanks Panda. I came to this forum originally to learn more about tactics and to improve my game. I know it helped me a lot, and in turn, I really enjoyed contributing back. I guess that's why I got so hot over this nonsense. You reminded me why I came here in the first place -- I'm ashamed I let this drama get the best of me. Thanks.

BTW, you have the best Alliance name, hands down!
This discussion has been closed.