How To Defeat S.H.I.E.L.D Alliance

Comments

• dlaw008 wrote:
    DLAW: I am guessing Lebron James and the other one are Basketball players yes? Lol

Yeah, basketball is really only my third favorite sport, but I figured they have more name recognition than anyone I could think of in baseball or American football. You'll have to supply the soccer comparison for me. As members of the same alliance, it's up to you to fill in for my weak spots.

its like me saying Anderson has as much skill with the ball then a bag full of dog shi... But Hernandez is amazing in the box

Twysta: lets turn my post into a football related one as usual lol see the game last night? Honestly can't believe we got through. De Gea is unbelievable icon_e_wink.gif

Ah, YOU'RE the Man U fan. I couldn't remember. There's only one Ryan Giggs - sadly.
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    I don't know how all my posts descend into farce when i look away. This was originally meant to be funny but as usual, petty kids(who are actually 30 year old men) start hitting each other with their handbags.lets get this straight, i care not for SHIELD,i don't care if they win the world, i was merely poking fun at the REST of you.

I have a lot of time for the members of SHIELD. they have giving me tips and hints constantly in my time here. They are not evil,simply nerds.

This forum has a lot of jealousy and anger,over a little game. That's a bit silly don't you think? Most of the complainers about SHIELD would jump ship and join them if offered and that's the funny thing. I would.

just kidding guys, you know i love you(HailMary excluded)

Listen, the game is a competition. The point of the game is winning, specifically winning against other people and alliances. Shield are clearly the best of the best, so people want to beat them more than anyone else. It's perfectly normal. Do you think Kevin Durant tries to step up his game when he plays against Lebron James? Or pick some relevant footy comparison for you euro types.

The competition is fun. The trash talking is fun. But naked envy is not particularly fun. Honestly, Kilngsor, I totally got what Jachdo was saying. He was giving you a compliment by suggesting that the only real worthy opponent he was seeing in that LR was you. No need to get defensive.

Shield is likely going to win all of these tourneys. The real competition here is between Django, Venoms, FKitchens, Scavengers, and a couple of others. And with the reward structure that is set up, it's really only for bragging rights anyway. Let's poke fun and talk trash, but no need to take anything personally.

Exactly what dlaw said. If we weren't here to try and give shield a run for their money it would be boring for every1. What fun is winning without competition? What fun is competing if not trying to win? I simply pointed out a comment made was illogical. Nothing personal in that and no need for WW3 to break out. Lolz
  • allorin wrote:
    Coming soon to a mobile device near you: MPQ II - The Flame Wars!

Relax people. Let's keep all this in context. It's a game. We put into it what we want, and get out of it what we can.

I love these forums. I've literally never participated in forums as sharing, supportive and fun as these for any game before. Please don't let it descend into flame wars. Honestly, as a community I think we're better than that.

And please don't misconstrue anything that a Django member says. We're honestly just having fun, poking at some obvious targets who are (hopefully) big enough to take it and will just smack us down in game for being cheeky. We run a friendly, mischievous alliance and we have bags of respect for all of you. MPQ wouldn't be half the game it is without all the great players (gives me something to aspire to), and neither would these forums.

Bring it in, everyone. Group hug. icon_cool.gif

Hmmm, does Allorin pre-apologizing for us mean we can now say and do whatever we want? Yay!
  • Nobody has a problem with people having fun. Some people here treat alliances like "SERIOUS BUSINESS" and go around making stuff up to feel better about themselves.

That annoys people.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    dlaw008 wrote:
    DLAW: I am guessing Lebron James and the other one are Basketball players yes? Lol

Yeah, basketball is really only my third favorite sport, but I figured they have more name recognition than anyone I could think of in baseball or American football. You'll have to supply the soccer comparison for me. As members of the same alliance, it's up to you to fill in for my weak spots.

its like me saying Anderson has as much skill with the ball then a bag full of dog shi... But Hernandez is amazing in the box

Twysta: lets turn my post into a football related one as usual lol see the game last night? Honestly can't believe we got through. De Gea is unbelievable icon_e_wink.gif

Jesus, so stoked we actually made it through!
  • jozier wrote:
    Think I found a photo of klingsor:

napoleon.jpg

OMG Jozier, you just won the internet. I don't know if you are the best MPQ player, but you are definitely the funniest. Can't stop, loling...
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    This thread seems like it could be a minefield, but I'll add my thoughts, too.

I think trash talk is healthy for the game. With alliances now in place, it adds a lot of new dynamics for new friends, enemies, and rivalries - I think that is so freakin' cool. Now, winning a tournament isn't just about the cover rewards that you personally get, it's about contributing to the alliance and trying to beat your rivals. Maybe it's through having a sick roster, or maybe it's through having a really organized alliance, or maybe it's because you can strategize better than everybody else.

Every superhero story needs a villain to keep it interesting/impactful and so I look forward to ever raging war between the alliances.

So, yeah, when you're just cruising in a lightning round and you see one of your rivals pop up on the screen - sure, take a hit, get in a retaliation war, and likely everybody comes away happy. For high-level players, it's rarely the point to win lightning rounds, anyway - it's basically just 'practice' and ISO generation. (If Jachdo starts targeting people 500 points below him in alliance PvP...I'll start to question his strategy.)

Having said that, there is a line between trash talk and personal attacks. I don't think this thread crosses that line, but I think it's something people should be mindful about. (I don't think 'murder' is a great joke, but whatever.)

Just remember to have fun!
  • Ok, let's clear the air a little. Jachdo, I apologize if I baited you into a flame war. I'm not trying to be the bad guy, on the contrary, I'm trying to maintain balance in the MPQ universe and make sure one fat kid doesn't eat the entire cake. I'm not some pimple faced teen, and if I create a little drama in the forums, it is to spice things up a bit. If you are uncomfortable with the ways of the internet, I suggest you stick to fine literature or the arts, as you will find no refinement here. Needless to say, it is not my intent to keep you from posting or having fun in the forums.

Also, I am noone's lord. Maybe my puppy, if I have treats at hands. And to the dummy who said I was shorter than Napoleon, who are you again? I'm 6'4, and I can't see you from up here...

If you guys don't like the popcorn drama I will tone it down. The last thing I want is for the forums to flock at Shield's defense because they are being bullied...
  • klingsor wrote:
    I'm 6'4, and I can't see you from up here...

I'm 6'5", it's cold up here, isn't it? icon_twisted.gif
  • klingsor wrote:
    Ok, let's clear the air a little. Jachdo, I apologize if I baited you into a flame war. I'm not trying to be the bad guy, on the contrary, I'm trying to maintain balance in the MPQ universe and make sure one fat kid doesn't eat the entire cake. I'm not some pimple faced teen, and if I create a little drama in the forums, it is to spice things up a bit. If you are uncomfortable with the ways of the internet, I suggest you stick to fine literature or the arts, as you will find no refinement here. Needless to say, it is not my intent to keep you from posting or having fun in the forums.

Also, I am noone's lord. Maybe my puppy, if I have treats at hands. And to the dummy who said I was shorter than Napoleon, who are you again? I'm 6'4, and I can't see you from up here...

If you guys don't like the popcorn drama I will tone it down. The last thing I want is for the forums to flock at Shield's defense because they are being bullied...

I also apologize - I was being an ****. I'm a bit of a hot head , and I kind of lose my Tinykitty when I perceive bullying. I understand that isn't your intent.

Btw, if you really want to know how to take SHIELD out , PM me. Nemek has a nasty secret weakness.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    jozier wrote:
    Some people here treat alliances like "SERIOUS BUSINESS"
    Great name for an Alliance, esp. a Django-esque one. Alliance motto: "We make pleasure our business."

... oh, wait.

Well, at least it's better than Django's new (un)official motto: "Thumb us hard. No, harder."
    Jachdo wrote:
    PM me. Nemek has a nasty secret weakness.
    Ah, well, yeah, ummm, it's good that you're keeping the "nasty secret weakness" to PMs. icon_eek.gif
  • Jachdo wrote:
    klingsor wrote:
    Ok, let's clear the air a little. Jachdo, I apologize if I baited you into a flame war. I'm not trying to be the bad guy, on the contrary, I'm trying to maintain balance in the MPQ universe and make sure one fat kid doesn't eat the entire cake. I'm not some pimple faced teen, and if I create a little drama in the forums, it is to spice things up a bit. If you are uncomfortable with the ways of the internet, I suggest you stick to fine literature or the arts, as you will find no refinement here. Needless to say, it is not my intent to keep you from posting or having fun in the forums.

I also apologize - I was being an ****. I'm a bit of a hot head , and I kind of lose my Tinykitty when I perceive bullying. I understand that isn't your intent.

Btw, if you really want to know how to take SHIELD out , PM me. Nemek has a nasty secret weakness.

It's cake, isn't?
  • Group hugs, Apology's, People getting thumbed............ MY SWEET JAYZUS It's like an episode of Days of Our Lives in here now.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    klingsor wrote:

I'm 6'3" , covered with tats, and have a nasty temper for Match 3 games.

In prison, they called me "Crush".
  • Jachdo wrote:

Because of the Candy?

icon_lol.gif
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Jachdo wrote:
    The Ladder wrote:
    klingsor wrote:

Was it short for 'Candy Crush'?

Edit: I don't know how I didn't see beezer make the same joke minutes before me...*sigh*
  • Nemek wrote:
    Jachdo wrote:
    The Ladder wrote:
    klingsor wrote:

Nah. I was just known as someone who would do whatever was necessary to a make a buck icon_e_confused.gif

Don't judge. My amazing roster wasn't cheap , you know.
  • Nemek wrote:
    Jachdo wrote:
    The Ladder wrote:
    klingsor wrote:

Edit: I don't know how I didn't see beezer make the same joke minutes before me...*sigh*

You're used to ignoring his name so you don't feel bad when you fight him in PVP
  • HailMary wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Some people here treat alliances like "SERIOUS BUSINESS"
    Great name for an Alliance, esp. a Django-esque one. Alliance motto: "We make pleasure our business."

... oh, wait.

Well, at least it's better than Django's new (un)official motto: "Thumb us hard. No, harder."
    Jachdo wrote:
    PM me. Nemek has a nasty secret weakness.
    Ah, well, yeah, ummm, it's good that you're keeping the "nasty secret weakness" to PMs. icon_eek.gif

That just made it into our sig pic haha
  • Jachdo wrote:
    The Ladder wrote:
    klingsor wrote:

Ok, so we are a bunch of tall guys. Now what? Should we start a basketball team?
This discussion has been closed.