How To Defeat S.H.I.E.L.D Alliance

Options

Comments

• HailMary wrote:
    Unity wrote:
    If I don't get in a alliance. I'm going to hurt someone. x.x
    Send me a PM.

Dirty Bugger

Dude. You reputation is -37! What are you doing?! Spamming fitted kitchens?
  • HailMary wrote:
    Unity wrote:
    If I don't get in a alliance. I'm going to hurt someone. x.x
    Send me a PM.

Dirty Bugger

Dude. You reputation is -37! What are you doing?! Spamming fitted Intergalactic Space Fleet?

nope, that would be someone with alot of time on their hands thumbing down all my posts cause he got upset lol i wear my rep with a badge of honor icon_e_smile.gif
  • I just saw what happened. And i am sorry for asking, i thought it was silly not serious. I think you two need to block each other so neither one of you sees what the other is posting because it looks bad. The forum should look a little friendlier to an outsider. You know?
  • I just saw what happened. And i am sorry for asking, i thought it was silly not serious. I think you two need to block each other so neither one of you sees what the other is posting because it looks bad. The forum should look a little friendlier to an outsider. You know?
    already blocked icon_e_smile.gif no need to apologize and yep i agree with you on that. i will be nice from now on, to those that deserve it icon_e_smile.gif
    already blocked icon_e_smile.gif no need to apologize and yep i agree with you on that. i will be nice from now on, to those that deserve it icon_e_smile.gif

Brilliant! And I will work on polishing up your badge of honor icon_e_smile.gif

Brilliant! And I will work on polishing up your badge of honor icon_e_smile.gif

i could make a "spit" joke but some might be offended. Instead i shall say thank you icon_e_smile.gif
  • Haha I seriously can't believe people in 5DV all upvoted each other so they can then go and downvote everyone else.

How childish.
  • Klingsor - I have mad respect for you for leading two alliances and vigorously maintaining them. You could vent your frustrations using your private alliance chats instead of making a scene in public. I think the forum needs to be a friendly place for anyone who stops to talk about their favorite game and it is our duty as regulars to make sure everyone feels comfortable posting. Cool?

• i could make a "spit" joke but some might be offended. Instead i shall say thank you icon_e_smile.gif

"hand gliding" icon_lol.gif
  • Klingsor - I have mad respect for you for leading two alliances and vigorously maintaining them. You could vent your frustrations using your private alliance chats instead of making a scene in public. I think the forum needs to be a friendly place for anyone who stops to talk about their favorite game and it is our duty as regulars to make sure everyone feels comfortable posting. Cool?

I know this is directed at kling but I feel the need to respond here.

I totally agree about the friendly place for people to gel comfortable. There's also needs to be room for a little friendly competition and reasonable trash talk. People are letting instigators escalate our friendly competition and that's where I'm seeing issues. I don't think there's gonna be too much issues after today though. I think most people have everything off their chest.

I totally agree about the friendly place for people to gel comfortable. There's also needs to be room for a little friendly competition and reasonable trash talk. People are letting instigators escalate our friendly competition and that's where I'm seeing issues. I don't think there's gonna be too much issues after today though. I think most people have everything off their chest.

I love trash talk. I live for competition. And I hope everything has been resolved.
  • Zirtak
    Zirtak Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    Klingsor - I have mad respect for you for leading two alliances and vigorously maintaining them. You could vent your frustrations using your private alliance chats instead of making a scene in public. I think the forum needs to be a friendly place for anyone who stops to talk about their favorite game and it is our duty as regulars to make sure everyone feels comfortable posting. Cool?

I love trash talk. I live for competition. And I hope everything has been resolved.

But not *too* much... All this trash talking is hilarious. Keeps stuff fun (as long as we don't resort to childishness (on all sides that is)).

I hope the Napoleon joke lives a long and healthy life.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    klingsor wrote:
    You came out of nowhere and smacked me hard. Until then I thought your alliance was called FittedKittens, which I thought was hilarious. Those tournament ends are nerve-wracking.

Nope, no ****'s here! icon_e_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_e_confused.gificon_lol.gif

Pandaberry, thanks for the compliment. I was just playing a game. Nothing personal here. I am actually not frustrated at all. I put up a good team to make this competition interesting and I'm having lots of fun. Maybe I went too far with my comments. If I was this asshat some people claim I am, why would over 30 people want to be lead by me? Because those sweet sexy captain crunch covers make it worthwhile? No, the truth is I'm a cool dude. I'll tell you the whole secret....

I decided when alliances were formed to form an Anti-shield alliance, since I calculated (correctly) that they would dominate. Then stuff happened and they won the first tourney. Well, I decided to up the ante and push the trash talking a little further, knowing we would be able to give them a better fight next time around (since we wouldn't be losing members to them this time around...) Long story short, Jozier compared me to Napoleon, people rallied to this, and I ended up being the bad guy (which was exactly the opposite of what I wanted, since I wanted people to turn against shield, not myself obviously, oops!)

So I doubled down again and decided I would push the anti-heroe agenda (we even changed our logo to have villains, get it?) in order to make this whole conflict more Good vs. Bad. Like a movie or a book with a fight scene and all that...Some people think i'm being counter productive and I can respect that. Really all I wanted was to create artificial drama to make it more interesting. Do you guys know someone that watches reality TV? Well I wanted to emulate that kind of "I wonder what happens next!" feeling. I have a million other games to play so I have no need to sit here and be insulted. I quit. Enjoy the rest of the tournament.
  • Yo you are a mess of insecurity if you are seriously triyng to push some sort of "I was roleplaying as a ****" line. You acted like a **** to start which is why people left your alliance in the first place, only for you to run around claiming that we were actively poaching people from your alliance.

Your obsession with winning sort of demonstrates that this isn't an act for you, you are legitimately obsessed with trying to win. You kick members out who weren't hitting score thresholds you wanted and you acted like a nut job.

Even now, your alliance is so childish as to upvote each other so you can abuse the downvote system. I have the requisite 25 downvotes but you don't see me going around downvoting all your posts (**** or otherwise) because again, I'm not a child obsessed with being the best.

It's fine that you clearly crave the respect people like Nemek and WYP and TheLadder have had in this game simply by being good and not being hated on the forums, but you take it to some serious extremes.
  • jozier wrote:
    Yo you are a mess of insecurity if you are seriously triyng to push some sort of "I was roleplaying as a ****" line. You acted like a **** to start which is why people left your alliance in the first place, only for you to run around claiming that we were actively poaching people from your alliance.

Your obsession with winning sort of demonstrates that this isn't an act for you, you are legitimately obsessed with trying to win. You kick members out who weren't hitting score thresholds you wanted and you acted like a nut job.

Even now, your alliance is so childish as to upvote each other so you can abuse the downvote system. I have the requisite 25 downvotes but you don't see me going around downvoting all your posts (**** or otherwise) because again, I'm not a child obsessed with being the best.

It's fine that you clearly crave the respect people like Nemek and WYP and TheLadder have had in this game simply by being good and not being hated on the forums, but you take it to some serious extremes.

Well said, i dropped it cause he took it too far, i apologized to the members of his team who were kind enough to message me. to them it was over, yet he still keeps thumbing my posts down. 112 the last count. thats not "joking" thats "something is loose in my head" but what can i say, no point arguing with him cuz it wont end, even when you stop.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    klingsor wrote:
    If I was this asshat some people claim I am, why would over 30 people want to be lead by me? Because those sweet sexy captain crunch covers make it worthwhile? No, the truth is I'm a cool dude. I'll tell you the whole secret....
    Something to consider: Hitler was elected to power. David Koresh, too, had a tidy little following. Lovely people. Great fun at parties.
    klingsor wrote:
    Some people think i'm being counter productive and I can respect that. Really all I wanted was to create artificial drama to make it more interesting. Do you guys know someone that watches reality TV? Well I wanted to emulate that kind of "I wonder what happens next!" feeling. I have a million other games to play so I have no need to sit here and be insulted. I quit. Enjoy the rest of the tournament.
    So, less Hitler, more Taylor Swift. Interesting self-branding.
  • HailMary wrote:
    klingsor wrote:
    If I was this asshat some people claim I am, why would over 30 people want to be lead by me? Because those sweet sexy captain crunch covers make it worthwhile? No, the truth is I'm a cool dude. I'll tell you the whole secret....
    Something to consider: Hitler was elected to power. David Koresh, too, had a tidy little following. Lovely people. Great fun at parties.
    klingsor wrote:
    Some people think i'm being counter productive and I can respect that. Really all I wanted was to create artificial drama to make it more interesting. Do you guys know someone that watches reality TV? Well I wanted to emulate that kind of "I wonder what happens next!" feeling. I have a million other games to play so I have no need to sit here and be insulted. I quit. Enjoy the rest of the tournament.
    So, less Hitler, more Taylor Swift. Interesting self-branding.

lol hey but "he quit" he wont be around anymore.... whats that? he is still here down-voting? ooops my bad
  • Comes back from camping anniversary trip with the missus to check the forums and finally join the Simulator...
    Notices this thread is still going and pokes head in to see what's new...
    Strongly considers heading back into the woods...
  • Comes back from camping anniversary trip with the missus to check the forums and finally join the Simulator...
    Notices this thread is still going and pokes head in to see what's new...
    Strongly considers heading back into the woods...
    Run while you can
This discussion has been closed.