Feature Info: S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels *Updated

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    madok wrote:
    I just hope since they said "Currently" that the mission rewards will get scaled as well to match their difficulty in the future.

I think it says currently because they are clearly still doing QA work. HiFi said as much on Friday and my guess is these changes come somehow from those results, but are still subject to change again before release.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Do Progression score targets change with different S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels?
    Currently, each Clearance Level has the same Progression score targets. Command Points is the last Progression reward and has the same score target for each Clearance Level.
    Oh. Well that's rather disappointing. I was really hoping this was an update to both progression and placement rewards so it isn't all about your end placement in an event. I guess it could change at a later date, but man, it's apparently all about placement initially.

The rewards are different, it's the scores needed to get the rewards that are the same.
    Ah, that could be what they mean by "Progression score targets." I may have misintepreted that (hope I did).

Although I do think it's rather odd that "Command Points is the last Progression reward and has the same score target for each Clearance Level" -- really, even Clearance Level 2? So you're Rank 7, have a sampling of 1* and 2* characters, and you can play for Command Points, where you get 4* and 5* characters? I realize that's how it works today, but I was thinking this was one way they would be able to tailor rewards to the players that would actually use them. Like let people work their way up to 25 CP in Clearance Level 4 or 5 or something.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]*UPDATE (09/12/16)

Do Progression score targets change with different S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels?
    Currently, each Clearance Level has the same Progression score targets. Command Points is the last Progression reward and has the same score target for each Clearance Level.

I do not like this. I expect Clearance 7 to be flooded with players trying to acquire 4* awards, but I figured worse-case I could earn a 4* from Progression, yet somehow that is not changing.

Why wouldn't the Progression awards change as well? Instead of earning the 2* and 3* essential, I would earn the 3* and 4* essential. Personally for me I am having difficulty with PVE because I missed 7-months so that is a lot of 4*'s I do not have for the essential nodes, and I am sure this still affects many other players from competitively placing in PVE without the 4*.

This was a huge missed opportunity and my excitement for Clearance Levels went from 10 down to 6. I hope this is something that will be reconsidered and revised soon.

I also do not like the minimum requirement to enter clearance levels. I thought the original proposed one was good but we'll see. Maybe higher clearance levels will change progression rewards..? icon_e_confused.gif
  • broll
    Although I do think it's rather odd that "Command Points is the last Progression reward and has the same score target for each Clearance Level" -- really, even Clearance Level 2? So you're Rank 7, have a sampling of 1* and 2* characters, and you can play for Command Points, where you get 4* and 5* characters? I realize that's how it works today, but I was thinking this was one way they would be able to tailor rewards to the players that would actually use them. Like let people work their way up to 25 CP in Clearance Level 4 or 5 or something.

As someone who's only been playing about 6 months I couldn't agree with this more! I got CP so easily so early that I ended up with 3 5*s before I had any 2* anywhere near max. I was putting ISO into 4* and 5* characters because higher levels are good right? They really need to make this common sense change.
  • Punisher5784
    broll wrote:

As someone who's only been playing about 6 months I couldn't agree with this more! I got CP so easily so early that I ended up with 3 5*s before I had any 2* anywhere near max. I was putting ISO into 4* and 5* characters because higher levels are good right? They really need to make this common sense change.

Agreed. It is mind boggling! I thought for sure the lower Clearance levels would reward a 3* cover for the final progression as they do not need CP yet for 4*'s, let alone 5*s. The lack of Progression reward changes by CL is a huge oversight. When will the devs understand that Progression awards are more important in PVE than placement, heck most players want Progression only PVEs.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    The new entries have a lot of "Currently" in there...
  • broll
    broll wrote:

Agreed. It is mind boggling! I thought for sure the lower Clearance levels would reward a 3* cover for the final progression as they do not need CP yet for 4*'s, let alone 5*s. The lack of Progression reward changes by CL is a huge oversight. When will the devs understand that Progression awards are more important in PVE than placement, heck most players want Progression only PVEs.

I thought it would stay CP but go up as you got higher.

CL | CP
    1 | 1
    2 | 2
    3 | 5
    4 | 10
    5 | 15
    6 | 20
    7 | 25

or something like that.
  • lockvine
    lockvine Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    "David wrote:

Do Progression score targets change with different S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels?

I do not like this. I expect Clearance 7 to be flooded with players trying to acquire 4* awards, but I figured worse-case I could earn a 4* from Progression, yet somehow that is not changing.

Why wouldn't the Progression awards change as well? Instead of earning the 2* and 3* essential, I would earn the 3* and 4* essential. Personally for me I am having difficulty with PVE because I missed 7-months so that is a lot of 4*'s I do not have for the essential nodes, and I am sure this still affects many other players from competitively placing in PVE without the 4*.

This was a huge missed opportunity and my excitement for Clearance Levels went from 10 down to 6. I hope this is something that will be reconsidered and revised soon.

I also do not like the minimum requirement to enter clearance levels. I thought the original proposed one was good but we'll see. Maybe higher clearance levels will change progression rewards..? icon_e_confused.gif

This is being read wrong guys. They are saying the effort to each tier of rewards is the same for all clearance levels not that the rewards are the same. So the number of points or effort to get to each tier is the same for everyone. However the actual tier rewards are different based on what clearance level you picked.
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:

I don't think that is what it is saying. It says that the progression score targets are the same across Clearance Levels. It says nothing about prizes associated with those targets, except that the top one will remain CP.

Say you chose a lower Clearance Level and I chose the top one. We're playing PvE/Story and both hit the progression target set at 15000 points (which is what they appear to be saying is the same). For the reward though you get a 2* cover, while I get a 3* cover. Even the CP being the final progression isn't necessarily saying it's the exact same amount across Clearance Levels, just that it's in the same position on the ladder. Maybe you get 10CP and I get 30CP. (All reward obviously made up - take them with a grain of salt).
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    So by the time DPvMPQ rolls around, clearance level 7 will just require shield ranking 5 to enter?

As much as I applaud the recent changes, this system is a bit farcical if I am honest. Sorry guys!

Just keep the rankings and iso for hitting them and scrap this clearance level bollocks icon_e_smile.gif
  • lockvine
    broll wrote:

Right or wrong I'm pretty sure the intention to giving new players access to the 25cp is with the expectaion that they will level the powers of their current 2* and 3* roster instead of pulling 4* and 5*'s that they don't have the roster slots for.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, Looking at it again I'm pretty sure I read that incorrectly and it's just the score targets that are the same, not the reward you get for reaching those targets.

Hooray, I was wrong!
  • broll
    lockvine wrote:
    broll wrote:

Right or wrong I'm pretty sure the intention to giving new players access to the 25cp is with the expectaion that they will level the powers of their current 2* and 3* roster instead of pulling 4* and 5*'s that they don't have the roster slots for.

I don't disagree but that is not spelled out or explained anywhere. The fact that higher levels = bad early on is something that's very counter-intuitive and they shouldn't expect people to just figure out.

I have an alliance that's mostly just friends, but we have some rando slots. We end up kicking people if they go idle for more than 2 weeks. We've seen a lot of people with rosters that are nothing but 4* characters because they deleted their 1*s. They probably when idle when they realized they made their game unplayable...
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Disappointing. I guess it won't matter what CL I choose because I can never reach 800 points in PVP anyway, and I've got as complete a 3* roster as they get with all 40 of them promoted to champions. I was really hoping this would mean that the 'less than megawhale' tiers might get gentler but relevant progression targets, since the matchmaking will ensure the big boys can still beat the tar out of us anyway.

Ah well.
  • lockvine
    Disappointing. I guess it won't matter what CL I choose because I can never reach 800 points in PVP anyway, and I've got as complete a 3* roster as they get with all 40 of them promoted to champions. I was really hoping this would mean that the 'less than megawhale' tiers might get gentler but relevant progression targets, since the matchmaking will ensure the big boys can still beat the tar out of us anyway.

Ah well.

I can see this making pvp tricky. With the top reward always 25 cp's it is tempting for someone like me in 3* land to forgo all the good rewards for better tiers and go in the lowest tier pvp. Fights should be easy but it would take a crazy amount of low point matches to get there. However if a few friends did this and played off of each other it should be an easy 25cp's. you would be giving up decent rewards at all the other tiers. The opposite would be maybe the lower tier rewards are so good in lvl 7 that I play that not expecting to every score more than the 500 point reward. This will be interesting to see how much the tier rewards change based on clearance level.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    lockvine wrote:

Ah well.

I can see this making pvp tricky. With the top reward always 25 cp's it is tempting for someone like me in 3* land to forgo all the good rewards for better tiers and go in the lowest tier pvp. Fights should be easy but it would take a crazy amount of low point matches to get there. However if a few friends did this and played off of each other it should be an easy 25cp's. you would be giving up decent rewards at all the other tiers. The opposite would be maybe the lower tier rewards are so good in lvl 7 that I play that not expecting to every score more than the 500 point reward. This will be interesting to see how much the tier rewards change based on clearance level.

Matchmaking will not change based on Clearance Levels. The opponents you have today will be the opponents you have when the system rolls out fully. It's bracketing (ie, placement rewards) and progression rewards that are changing.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    lockvine wrote:

Ah well.

The Clearance level you pick doesn't affect your matchmaking, only what rewards you fight for. If you pick a low Clearance level you still need to fight high-level opponents. The main gain of going to a low Clearance level is that it should make it easier to get good placement, but on the other hand the rewards shouldn't be as good.
  • Punisher5784
    lockvine wrote:
    "David wrote:

This is being read wrong guys. They are saying the effort to each tier of rewards is the same for all clearance levels not that the rewards are the same. So the number of points or effort to get to each tier is the same for everyone. However the actual tier rewards are different based on what clearance level you picked.
    xKOBALTx wrote:
    "David wrote:

I don't think that is what it is saying. It says that the progression score targets are the same across Clearance Levels. It says nothing about prizes associated with those targets, except that the top one will remain CP.

Say you chose a lower Clearance Level and I chose the top one. We're playing PvE/Story and both hit the progression target set at 15000 points (which is what they appear to be saying is the same). For the reward though you get a 2* cover, while I get a 3* cover. Even the CP being the final progression isn't necessarily saying it's the exact same amount across Clearance Levels, just that it's in the same position on the ladder. Maybe you get 10CP and I get 30CP. (All reward obviously made up - take them with a grain of salt).

Ah you guys are right! I missed the word "Score"! The player rage within was prematurely unleash haha

I feel a little bit better now. Thanks for clarifying icon_lol.gif
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    lockvine wrote:

Ah well.

The Clearance level you pick doesn't affect your matchmaking, only what rewards you fight for. If you pick a low Clearance level you still need to fight high-level opponents. The main gain of going to a low Clearance level is that it should make it easier to get good placement, but on the other hand the rewards shouldn't be as good.

that is just plain stupid.. if i want to pick a lower level i should be fighting lower opponet. this new set does nothing to save the game
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    If we could pick our matchmaking then it would take maaaaaaaaaaaaybe ten minutes for 5*-tier trolls to start jumping into lower-level brackets just to mangle all the transitioning players.