Feature Info: S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels *Updated

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just dont see how this is any different to the current system. We will all fight it out and then the people who grind it the most will come away with the 4* covers and the rest of us will continue to pick up the scraps. Theres still no progression system in place. Yes, we'll get more covers for our championed 3*s but the majority of us will still get no further into 4* land with this system.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chipster22 wrote:
    How do Versus Events work with Clearance Levels?
    Clearance Levels in Versus Events act just like any other event in terms of who you are competing against on the leaderboard. As for matchmaking, you will be matched against players in the same End Time to ensure there are enough players to play against. Currently, Clearance Levels do not impact matchmaking.

Does this mean that we will be matched against all players in the same time slice event if they are in different leaderboard brackets?

If so, that would mean it would make no difference in terms of difficulty if you chose a level 1 bracket or a level 7 bracket. The level 1 bracket would just have lower quality rewards.
    Looks like it, it's just your lower level guys who struggle to get beyond 300 now have something to actually play for with these lower quality rewards, rather than coming bottom half of the table and getting a derisory smattering of iso and the odd token.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    I just dont see how this is any different to the current system. We will all fight it out and then the people who grind it the most will come away with the 4* covers and the rest of us will continue to pick up the scraps. Theres still no progression system in place. Yes, we'll get more covers for our championed 3*s but the majority of us will still get no further into 4* land with this system.

Unless the higher ranks add a 4* and/or even more CP to the progression table.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    For more breaking news, look here: https://m.reddit.com/r/MarvelPuzzleQues ... l_rewards/
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    If covers do make it into the progression tables, then fair enough. They need to if people are going to be able to progress because its just too hard to get 4* covers through placement.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ooh, cp spread throughout would be nice, so that it's not all or useless.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    All I'm seeing is talk of a revamp of progression and placement awards. What about the node rewards in PvE? What about the battle awards in PvP? Is it still going to be 100/token/100/250 node awards and 70/140 PvP awards regardless of clearance level?

Maybe some people are hyped to get covers, but a lot of people really don't care, because without ISO, covers won't do you any good. The lack of info as to how all this will effect ISO flow leaves me skeptical that this is going to help significantly.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2016
    (Referred to something that was already said)
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Looks like additional rewards are all in placement reward pool only... hope not, i am not willing to compete with players able/willing to play 8+ hours a day or more... even now i spend 5 hours each day just to do DDQ and clear all nodes (for XPs) in PvE...
  • jffdougan
    mckauhu wrote:
    I sure hope the rewards are bigger in covers aswell iso-8 the higher clearance level... Then it sounds promising.

That was my impression, but nothing specific was said.
  • DC1972
    DC1972 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Why can't there still be noob and vet brackets? As prior commentators mentioned, some high SHIELD rank players may only be playing PVP or PVE but not both. I haven't played PVE in ages. If a pick Clearance level 7 for a PVE event will I be playing against vets that also chose clearance level 7?
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    One way they can easily persuade people to always reach for their max potential is to change the node ISO rewards per clearance. So today 500 iso is the max reward for a standard node, if clearance 7 doubles that - then I will always want to compete against the best just for the extra iso, placement be damned.

Of course that depends on the covers being awarded, so all in all, they can make it such that we have to really ponder our decision and anything that requires tough decisions is a welcomed addition to any game.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    All I'm seeing is talk of a revamp of progression and placement awards. What about the node rewards in PvE? What about the battle awards in PvP? Is it still going to be 100/token/100/250 node awards and 70/140 PvP awards regardless of clearance level?

Maybe some people are hyped to get covers, but a lot of people really don't care, because without ISO, covers won't do you any good. The lack of info as to how all this will effect ISO flow leaves me skeptical that this is going to help significantly.

Color me optimistic, but I feel like cover flow isn't going to change all that much with this, but instead the primary focus will be increasing iso rates (and possibly HP/CP as well)
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:

Agreed, why should those with better rosters be spending longer in story event matches and needing more health packs for the same rewards? Damned sure I would not be grinding wave nodes against L400 opponents for a couple of iso, it's just not worth the time expended or health pack usage.

I want to know if certain star rankings will be excluded. To clarify if somebody has a full and well developed 4* and 5* roster yet chose to enter at the 3* tier would all of those 4* and 5* be excluded for that event?
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    rkd80 wrote:
    One way they can easily persuade people to always reach for their max potential is to change the node ISO rewards per clearance. So today 500 iso is the max reward for a standard node, if clearance 7 doubles that - then I will always want to compete against the best just for the extra iso, placement be damned.

Of course that depends on the covers being awarded, so all in all, they can make it such that we have to really ponder our decision and anything that requires tough decisions is a welcomed addition to any game.
    Yeah, 10% more ISO for each Clearance level plus one additional progress reward per level would be awesome.
    I will support everything that makes grinding more rewarding except for placement rewards in PvE. If i wanted to compete with whales i would play PvP...
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    jffdougan wrote:

With regards to this, I'm going to assume clearance 5 is basically how things are now.

But if clearance 7 has three 4* rewards on offer, I hope it's at lower placement ranks. Rather than clearance 7 being how things are now with three covers if you finish top 10 or better. If clearance 7 offers a 4* cover at top 100, for example, I'd be groovy with that. Even better if the 4* covers basically replace the 3* rewards.

What people have pointed out for the longest time is 4* covers, while rare, are not the biggest issue, ISO is. So I'm happy to get too many 4* covers and throw some away if they feel less obnoxiously rare than they currently are. It feels painful to throw away an Ice Man cover or a Cyclops cover just because it happens to be a colour I already have 5 of. but if I could just wait a few weeks and try again when he's next available as a top 150 placement prize, that takes the sting out of it.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    jffdougan wrote:
    mckauhu wrote:
    I sure hope the rewards are bigger in covers aswell iso-8 the higher clearance level... Then it sounds promising.

It's literally on the first page of this thread.
    Higher Clearance Levels provide characters of a higher star-rating, more Iso-8, Hero Points, and Command Points.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:
    mckauhu wrote:

It's literally on the first page of this thread.
    Higher Clearance Levels provide characters of a higher star-rating, more Iso-8, Hero Points, and Command Points.

lol yeah so it seems. My apologies.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan wrote:

With regards to this, I'm going to assume clearance 5 is basically how things are now.

But if clearance 7 has three 4* rewards on offer, I hope it's at lower placement ranks. Rather than clearance 7 being how things are now with three covers if you finish top 10 or better. If clearance 7 offers a 4* cover at top 100, for example, I'd be groovy with that. Even better if the 4* covers basically replace the 3* rewards.

What people have pointed out for the longest time is 4* covers, while rare, are not the biggest issue, ISO is. So I'm happy to get too many 4* covers and throw some away if they feel less obnoxiously rare than they currently are. It feels painful to throw away an Ice Man cover or a Cyclops cover just because it happens to be a colour I already have 5 of. but if I could just wait a few weeks and try again when he's next available as a top 150 placement prize, that takes the sting out of it.

Clarify the summary: I also assume SCL 5 is the current placement reward structure. The top award at SCL 6, as I understood it, includes an additional 4* cover, and yet another as the top award for SCL 7.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards

Depends on who you are. ISO is an issue for nearly everybody, but "the biggest" issue? 3/4 of my 3* are championed. My bottleneck right now isn't ISO. My problem is that I have 30+ 4*, and around a dozen of those have four covers or fewer. Another 10 or so are half-covered or better. Everybody else is between 4-6.

Where do I get covers? LTs, mainly. I'll continue to be able to earn them through hitting max progression in PVE, but my other source - from champions - is going to dry up soon. With only a handful of 3* left to champion, I'm not terribly far from the point of being 50+ champion levels from further LT champion rewards, and 40+ from the next 4* cover champion reward for any given 3*.

If the additional 4* covers from Clearance Levels just get shoved into the top 10 ranking rewards, I'm not going to be happy. It would mean that I can earn more ISO, sure, but at a time when that isn't yet what I need. Yeah, I need about 900k ISO for my 4* right now, but about 630k of that is concentrated in five characters: XFDP, Star-Lord, Nick Fury, Invisible Woman and Ghost Rider. If I were to stop championing 3* characters for, I dunno. A month? Six weeks? I could knock out nearly all of my 4* ISO needs save those five.

And the reason my 4* ISO needs aren't greater is because I need covers more than I need ISO right now.

If a 4* cover is available through progression in addition to top placement getting more 4* covers? Hey, that's fine. As long as the change makes covers more available to 3->4* players who aren't necessarily top PVErs or in top alliances.

I'm perfectly happy for those who need ISO more than covers to have that concern addressed. I just don't want to see the need for covers dismissed or minimized by people who don't feel that need.