Feature Info: S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels *Updated

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am looking to see one thing (and without it the whole clearance system would be a failure) - i want to see my competitive edge against players who has lower level roster. No more punishment for leveling my team. I am lvl 65 (just now - not from the grandfather system) and if I join clearance 1 i want to win the bracket with super ease (regardless of the awards - it's unlikely I will try clearance 1, just making my point) unless stronger player has also joined. So opponents should not scale over the trivial level for me there. If this is the case - the system will work. If at clearance 1 I will have to fight lvl 300 opponents - the system remains broken. As no players at that lvl (say shield rank 10 guy with couple of unleveled 2*) can face lvl 300 opps and hope to win.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    MrCrowley wrote:
    I have a bad feeling that anyone in the lower roster end of clearance level 7 will suffer massively.
    Basically I would be playing for the same rewards of 4s cover(s) and cp, but you just removed all the weaker rosters from the competition?
    How is this better? I just shift from a mid-level of roster strenght to low end. Or, I go back to clearance level 6 and still face the stronger rosters because of my clearance level? Or what?

EDIT: my roster has 4 champed 4s. No usable 5s.
    It was said that SCL doesn't affect matchmaking system. You will be facing the same rosters as are now. Nothing changes in this respect. So the difficulty stays the same, you will fight the same opponents and we can say you will get the same amount of points.

What changes is the rewards you are playing for and the leaderboard in you chosen bracket. So cl7 will have better rewards but probably people will have more points there so the good placement will be harder. If you want to place higher then you should choose cl6 (the rewards will be worse, but it should be easier to get them).

This is how I understand this.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    MrCrowley wrote:
    How does season scoring work for PVP & clearance levels? If the reward is ****, some might just join a lower rank PVP to score high with a strong roster. I hope the lower ranks dont allow 5s characters.
    As I understand it, if you have a clearance level 7 roster you will get matched up against other clearance level 7 rosters even if you choose to fight for clearance level 1 rewards for some reason. And PvE scaling remains the same, so if you choose a lower clearance level you might get better placement but worse rewards for it.

I don't think this is true based on this (underline added for emphasis):
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    How do Versus Events work with Clearance Levels?
    Clearance Levels in Versus Events act just like any other event in terms of who you are competing against on the leaderboard. As for matchmaking, you will be matched against players in the same End Time to ensure there are enough players to play against. Currently, Clearance Levels do not impact matchmaking.

So regardless of what rank you choose it sounds like at launch MMR will match you the same way it always did. The clearance chance in PvP only means that your points are only scored against other people in the same rank for placement. So currently if you have trouble getting higher than say 600 based on how MMR works, that won't change, but if you pick a low CL you might be ranked against people stuck in the same failboat as you and might get a chance at a decent placement reward (decent being relative to the CL).
    That was basically what I said: You will get matched against the same type of opponents as Before, the only difference between clearance levels is the rewards you are competing for.
    MrCrowley wrote:
    I have a bad feeling that anyone in the lower roster end of clearance level 7 will suffer massively.
    Basically I would be playing for the same rewards of 4s cover(s) and cp, but you just removed all the weaker rosters from the competition?
    How is this better? I just shift from a mid-level of roster strenght to low end. Or, I go back to clearance level 6 and still face the stronger rosters because of my clearance level? Or what?

EDIT: my roster has 4 champed 4s. No usable 5s.
    I fully expect the higher clearance levels to get increased progression rewards. That's the big bonus.
    If placement is more important than progression, you can pick an easy fight in a lower clearance level.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    I think my real concern with all this is how much more play time the game is going to require. People are already clearing story nodes 6 times in 24 hours, how many more fights are going to be added to that through the Clearance Levels? Are we going to be expected to stop sleeping for us to be able to get the best results from the story and Clearance Levels?

Why would you expect this to change the number of nodes? They literally just finished revamping that system, I assume they revamped it planning for it to work with this one.

We dont actually know any details on how it works though. Do the Clearance Levels come with completely different fights to the ones in story mode meaning you have to fight fights in story mode and in the Clearance Levels each day to get the most benefit?

I don't understand what you are trying to say... Clearance levels are just different groupings of players. I don't expect the actual nodes/fights to change at all based on them (at most scaling might change but I doubt that).
  • broll
    Quebbster wrote:
    That was basically what I said: You will get matched against the same type of opponents as Before, the only difference between clearance levels is the rewards you are competing for.
    OK. The way you had it worded it sounded like you were saying that someone in say CL 3 would only get matched with people from CL 3 even if they dropped down to CL 1, when in reality they would get matched up with whoever MMR matched them with which could be someone from a higher CL.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    OK. The way you had it worded it sounded like you were saying that someone in say CL 3 would only get matched with people from CL 3 even if they dropped down to CL 1, when in reality they would get matched up with whoever MMR matched them with which could be someone from a higher CL.
    I may have phrased it badly due to a lack of coffee. I simply meant that clearance level doesn't change who you get matched with. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    We dont actually know any details on how it works though. Do the Clearance Levels come with completely different fights to the ones in story mode meaning you have to fight fights in story mode and in the Clearance Levels each day to get the most benefit?

The clearance levels seem like they are intended to scale rewards, opponents etc, but you will still be doing to same nodes as before.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:

The clearance levels seem like they are intended to scale rewards, opponents etc, but you will still be doing to same nodes as before.

Oh, well if thats the case then thats OK. Then it just comes down to how hard it is to get the decent rewards.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Hi everyone,

The OP has been updated with new, lower minimum requirements for Clearances Levels ranks 6 & 7 and four new FAQ entries have been added.

Thanks!
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

The OP has been updated with new, lower minimum requirements for Clearances Levels ranks 6 & 7 and four new FAQ entries have been added.

Thanks!

Can we get a rationale as to why the gating was lowered for levels 6 and 7?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

Thanks!
    Thanks for the update.
    When looking at the difference between a player rank 35 compared to 50+ seems to be a big gap. Is this more because across time zones there is a smaller population above 50 or do players rank 35-50 regularly compete with the level 50+? I can see it in PVE but PVP that seems like it would be a big gap between the player base
  • broll
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

Thanks!

MRW:
    Jackie-Chan-****.jpg

At a glance this seems like a terrible change. It seems like 90% of the players will all be at CL 7 so unless you choose lower rewards you won't see much benefit. I've only been playing for 2 months and I'm SR 45 and was glad that didn't put me in the top teir, cause I shouldn't be... not by any stretch...
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

Thanks!

+5 to get level 4
    +5 to get level 5
    +7 to get level 6
    +5 to get level 7

Am I the only one with the OCD to notice these things and want to claw my eyes out at the messiness of it? (Oh I wish I was joking)
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Basically for the first run rank 7 will be business as usual. The same heavy hitters and well, everyone else.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I were an optimistic, i'd say this means we're getting 8/9/10 events sooner, rather than later, and lowering the thresholds for 1 thru 7 means there's now more room at the top to fill those higher-tier events.

I'm not an optimist.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not a fan of progression rewards staying the same. If I'm at clearance level 7+ then the one random 4* cover I'll get for top progression is suddenly way worse than the 2-3 (or more) that placement offers. Whee, more grinding!

I like the alliance rewards solution, though. Elegant!
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Do Progression score targets change with different S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels?
    Currently, each Clearance Level has the same Progression score targets. Command Points is the last Progression reward and has the same score target for each Clearance Level.
    Oh. Well that's rather disappointing. I was really hoping this was an update to both progression and placement rewards so it isn't all about your end placement in an event. I guess it could change at a later date, but man, it's apparently all about placement initially.

I'm ambivalent about the lowering of the entry SHIELD Rank for CL7. It essentially means vets are still placed with vets, but there will be more brackets per slice than there would be if it were only Rank 50 and above thrown into a few brackets per slice. So doesn't sound that much different from today. I'll reserve judgment for when the CL7 rewards are revealed for Deadpool vs. MPQ, but this really mattered a whole lot less to me than progression rewards.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Do Progression score targets change with different S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels?
    Currently, each Clearance Level has the same Progression score targets. Command Points is the last Progression reward and has the same score target for each Clearance Level.
    Oh. Well that's rather disappointing. I was really hoping this was an update to both progression and placement rewards so it isn't all about your end placement in an event. I guess it could change at a later date, but man, it's apparently all about placement initially.

I'm ambivalent about the lowering of the entry SHIELD Rank for CL7. It essentially means vets are still placed with vets, but there will be more brackets per slice than there would be if it were only Rank 50 and above thrown into a few brackets per slice. So doesn't sound that much different from today. I'll reserve judgment for when the CL7 rewards are revealed for Deadpool vs. MPQ, but this really mattered a whole lot less to me than progression rewards.

The rewards are different, it's the scores needed to get the rewards that are the same.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I just hope since they said "Currently" that the mission rewards will get scaled as well to match their difficulty in the future.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    Maybe I missed the discussion, but I don't think I saw too many complaints about the Clearance levels that were originally set. Certainly seemed to jive with what was expected given the progression of individuals.

As a 3* player on level 49 it made sense when I needed to make level 50 to then move up to the 4* world.

As it is, seems like the majority of people will be level 7+. Also now got to fit Shield Ranks 33-100 in only 3 Clearance levels!

Anyhoo - would be good if they posted the new rewards schedules sooner than later