Feature Info: S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels *Updated

14567810»

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    ....except that they'll change the prizes you get?
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Correct. You will soon have the option of getting slaughtered by the big guys for next to no reward.

Seriously though, in pvp, given that there is no change in MMR, I can't really see an advantage to playing at any level below the highest allowed.

In PVE, there may be an advantage. But hard to say until more information comes out.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Merrick wrote:
    Correct. You will soon have the option of getting slaughtered by the big guys for next to no reward.

Seriously though, in pvp, given that there is no change in MMR, I can't really see an advantage to playing at any level below the highest allowed.

In PVE, there may be an advantage. But hard to say until more information comes out.
    For people who can't get far in pvp, who get stuck at 300/600/800, where changing progression awards higher up means nothing, the advantage is that they, and the others at the same stage, are now competing for covers for characters they can use, rather than the a standard token and 70 iso. There is now a reason for them to play more and spend iso to skip to find suitable targets, because those 3 * covers are going to make a big difference to their roster
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    CT1888 wrote:
    Merrick wrote:

For people who can't get far in pvp, who get stuck at 300/600/800, where changing progression awards higher up means nothing, the advantage is that they, and the others at the same stage, are now competing for covers for characters they can use, rather than the a standard token and 70 iso. There is now a reason for them to play more and spend iso to skip to find suitable targets, because those 3 * covers are going to make a big difference to their roster
    Except we still haven't seen the new rewards yet.
    And Shield Level 32 required for clearance level 7 doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that the new rewards will be a massive leap forward for anybody.
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    So, my understanding was that within a slice, you would be bracketed based on your Clearance Level.

So I have joined slice 2 for Deadpool vs MPQ and selected Clearance Level 7. I am currently showing as #564... which means that there are 563 players who selected Clearance Level 7 in slice 2 before me....

is that how it works...?

How many brackets are there in each slice usually?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    In my experience the first bracket in each time slice fills near instantly, so if the original S2 bracket is still under 600 that would actually be much smaller than usual.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    There's been a lot of discussion lately and questions about why not all events have Clearance Levels (especially new character releases and the events immediately following them). I just went back to this thread, where you can find the following quote on the first page:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Which Events have Clearance Levels?
    Once the system is in full effect, all regular Story and Versus Events will have Clearance Levels. S.H.I.E.L.D. Simulator and Seasons will have Clearance Levels as well. Deadpool's Daily Quest and Lightning Rounds do not have Clearance Levels.
    Note that it says "once the system is in full effect." Remember when we first heard about SHIELD Rank and Clearance Levels, back on August 15? That announcement had the following wording:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]We're excited to get these features fully in place by late Fall.
    We've seen them roll things out in phases... first SHIELD Ranks and grandfathered SHIELD ranks (released at the same time), then the first few events with Clearance Levels. But we are definitely not seeing the system in full effect -- not all regular events have Clearance Levels. But it's not late fall yet either... technically, using the announcements they've made to date, they still have another month to fully roll everything out.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    I heard from a pretty reliable source to expect CLs to be on for The Hunt for Bl4de's release.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's been a lot of discussion lately and questions about why not all events have Clearance Levels (especially new character releases and the events immediately following them). I just went back to this thread, where you can find the following quote on the first page:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Which Events have Clearance Levels?
    Once the system is in full effect, all regular Story and Versus Events will have Clearance Levels. S.H.I.E.L.D. Simulator and Seasons will have Clearance Levels as well. Deadpool's Daily Quest and Lightning Rounds do not have Clearance Levels.
    Note that it says "once the system is in full effect." Remember when we first heard about SHIELD Rank and Clearance Levels, back on August 15? That announcement had the following wording:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]We're excited to get these features fully in place by late Fall.
    We've seen them roll things out in phases... first SHIELD Ranks and grandfathered SHIELD ranks (released at the same time), then the first few events with Clearance Levels. But we are definitely not seeing the system in full effect -- not all regular events have Clearance Levels. But it's not late fall yet either... technically, using the announcements they've made to date, they still have another month to fully roll everything out.

I agree and have posed this theory before (thought not as well put). However, it would be nice if they would answer at least one of the dozens of times people have either asked if new characters releases will ever get SCL and/or why x release didn't get SCL. We shouldn't have to comb over their old messages looking for cryptic clues as if we were trying to find the Ark of the Covenant...
  • Jdob84
    Jdob84 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    I heard from a pretty reliable source to expect CLs to be on for The Hunt for Bl4de's release.

Demiurge_Anthony posted on the discord server earlier today and said Clearance levels are planned on ALL future events: The quote is below for your reading enjoyment:
    Demiurge_Anthony - Today at 10:15 AM
    Sorry for being late, crazy day yesterday.
    @jlite no changes have been made on cover drop rates. It's all in your collective heads icon_e_wink.gif
    @stochasticism as far as I can tell, SCL is turn on for all planned future events. Don't hold me to that though icon_e_wink.gif
    @Captain patriot there isn't any planned change to how 5* are given out.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Jdob84 wrote:

Demiurge_Anthony posted on the discord server earlier today and said Clearance levels are planned on ALL future events: The quote is below for your reading enjoyment:
    Demiurge_Anthony - Today at 10:15 AM
    Sorry for being late, crazy day yesterday.
    @jlite no changes have been made on cover drop rates. It's all in your collective heads icon_e_wink.gif
    @stochasticism as far as I can tell, SCL is turn on for all planned future events. Don't hold me to that though icon_e_wink.gif
    @Captain patriot there isn't any planned change to how 5* are given out.

That's certainly some good news. Let's hope they figured out what to do with new releases in SCL.
  • Roguewookie26
    Roguewookie26 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    If this is true, and i hope it is, why not make it a public announcement instead of just on the discord server? It would buy them some free good will from their players that they desperately need after the many bugs and especially the debacle that was boss rush. Once again d3 fails in the communication dept. Turning what could have been a positive experience into more of the same. Whoever is in charge of pr and marketing needs to be replaced.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I see Iceman purple in the Hunt SCL7 progression rewards. Happy Day!