Feature Info: S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels *Updated

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
*UPDATE (09/12/16)

Hi. We've reduced some minimum rank requirements for upcoming events. Here's word from Anthony at Demiurge:
    "In our first event featuring SCL, we've reduced the minimum rank requirement for S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 6 and 7. We will be monitoring performance and participation and make any adjustments if needed."

We've updated the Clearance Level Ranks chart below to reflect this. Based on your questions, we've also added four new entries to the FAQ (see below).

Thanks!

Hi, everyone.

The R109 update is fast-approaching and it contains the first feature components of the new S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels! We know many of you are eager for details, so Anthony at Demiurge has put together the following info we hope you will find helpful.

Please note that SCL will not be instantly noticeable right when the R109 update drops early next week. Your first opportunity to dive in will be on September 15th. Read on!

S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels

Events that reward players based on their roster needs has been a long-requested feature and we are excited to bring that to you with S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels! Soon, most Story and Versus events will have Clearance Levels that players can join and compete in.

Deadpool Vs. MPQ on September 15th will be the first Story event that has S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels. Different Clearance levels have different Placement and Progression rewards that award players appropriately for their current roster. When you enter the event, you will get to choose any Clearance Level that you have unlocked. For the duration of the event, you will be competing against other people in the same Clearance Level and End Time. Now, not only do you get to play for rewards that directly help your roster, but you will be playing with players who have similar roster needs!

The first Versus event that has S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels will be Iron Fist's Fist Bump on September 22.

We will have more detailed information on the Clearance Level rewards as we get closer to the events.

Additional Info:

What Are S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels?
When selecting most events, you will be given the ability to select a Clearance Level. Clearance Levels let you play for rewards that are useful for your roster.

Which Events have Clearance Levels?
Once the system is in full effect, all regular Story and Versus Events will have Clearance Levels. S.H.I.E.L.D. Simulator and Seasons will have Clearance Levels as well. Deadpool's Daily Quest and Lightning Rounds do not have Clearance Levels.

How do I select a Clearance Level?
The first time you enter an event, a prompt will display the Clearance Levels that are available to you. You can select any Clearance Level that you have access to. After selecting the level, you will see the normal end time selection prompt. At this point, you will be able to change your Clearance Level. After you have chosen an end time, however, you will be locked into that Clearance Level for the duration of the event.

How do you unlock Clearance Level?
Clearance Levels unlock at different S.H.I.E.L.D. Ranks.
MPQ_SCL_Ranks_Sep_2016.png

What is the difference in rewards between each Clearance Level?
Each Clearance Level has different Placement and Progression rewards that are directly benificial to the S.H.I.E.L.D Rank you are. Higher Clearance Levels provide characters of a higher star-rating, more Iso-8, Hero Points, and Command Points. Below are the target goals for each Clearance Level:
    • Clearance Level 1 and 2 for 1-Stars. • Clearance Level 3 through 5 for 2-Stars. • Clearance Level 5 through 7 for 3-Stars. • Clearance Level 7 for 4-Stars.

How do I view what rewards I will get?
When you select the Event Rewards button on the Select a Clearance Level screen, you will be able to see the rewards for each Clearance Level that is available to you.

What if I want the rewards of a Clearance Level lower than the maximum Clearance Level I have earned?
You are able to enter any Clearance Level that is available to you.

Who am I competing against for these rewards?
When you enter an event you join a leaderboard comprised of other players that have selected the same Clearance Level and End Time that you have (event leaderboards still have the same maximum capacity as before). You will be competing against players in this leaderboard for Placement rewards.

How do Versus Events work with Clearance Levels?
Clearance Levels in Versus Events act just like any other event in terms of who you are competing against on the leaderboard. As for matchmaking, you will be matched against players in the same End Time to ensure there are enough players to play against. Currently, Clearance Levels do not impact matchmaking.

*Updated - New FAQ entries*:

Do S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels affect character restrictions for the event? Does it affect enemy levels or composition in missions?
Currently, different Clearance Levels do not change the characters that you play with or against, or the mission difficulty.

Do mission rewards change?
Currently, mission rewards do not change for different Clearance Levels.

Do Progression score targets change with different S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels?
Currently, each Clearance Level has the same Progression score targets. Command Points is the last Progression reward and has the same score target for each Clearance Level.

How do Alliance Rewards work?
Each member of the Alliance receives the reward from the Clearance Level that they chose. For example, a player who selected S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 6, whose Alliance placed in the top 10, will receive all Clearance Level 6 rewards for top 10. If a member of the same Alliance chose S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 5, that player would receive all the Clearance Level 5 rewards for top 10.

Preview Images:

MPQ_SCL_Event_Sign_Up_Sep_2016.JPG

MPQ_SCL_Event_Shard_Sep_2016.JPG

Comments

• DC1972
    DC1972 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Exciting news! What SHIELD ranks are needed to unlock each Clearance Level?
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Can we get a preview of the difference in reward structure for the PvE and PvP events?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mildly disappointed this only goes up to the fourstar level. Still, sounds good so far! Will be interesting to see what Clearance level 7 Brings...
  • Very grateful for the info, but the rewards are what I think most of us are interested in. Can't get any additional details on those?
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    billsrule7 wrote:
    Very grateful for the info, but the rewards are what I think most of us are interested in. Can't get any additional details on those?

My first thought was "How much iso we talking about here?" Also, will high level players that pick a low clearance level be in a bracket with similar rosters, or can high level players pick low levels just to get high placement against weaker rosters.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Does this mean at clearance level 7, you must use ONLY 4stars? Or it unlocks once you have a 4star.
    Can you use any characters at any level e.g 5s in SCL 3? If you wanted the (lower) reward?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the communication. It is appreciated as always.

(except, apparently, this morning when we all sort of had a breakdown!)

My only concern with the information announced so far is that the clearance levels seem heavy on 2* and 3* granularity. But all 4* (and presumably 5*) players are relegated to a single clearance level. That might make sense given absolute player numbers, but there is a huge gap between someone with 2x 271 4*s and a someone with a oml/Phoenix at 450. I hope both groups will be well served by the new system.

That said, i remain cautiously optimistic, and look forward to more details.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    billsrule7 wrote:
    Very grateful for the info, but the rewards are what I think most of us are interested in. Can't get any additional details on those?

My first thought was "How much iso we talking about here?" Also, will high level players that pick a low clearance level be in a bracket with similar rosters, or can high level players pick low levels just to get high placement against weaker rosters.

What would be the point ? Why would a high level roster want low level prizes ?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good luck to all you bracket monitors, who now have to track (at least) 7 brackets in 5 slices.

Without seeing the rewards, tough to really pass judgment yet, but should be an interesting meta game to be played between better placement (at lower clearance levels) vs better rewards
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Nice, a feature that puts players in their deserved MPQ place icon_twisted.gif
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will "event previews" in PvE have clearance levels "previews" so we can see rewards before committing to a level?
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    My 2 big questions are:

Do SHIELD Clearance levels affect scaling? And do they limit a players roster in anyway?

I need 4* covers, but doubt I have the roster strength to deal with 4* scaling. Given the more recent changes in PvE, I don't go for placement awards anymore, so a 4* progression would be awesome.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    A bracket full of all 4* players fighting over 4* prizes? Sounds like this was designed by a super villain.

Avengers-Arena-2.jpg&q=95&w=488&zc=1&a=t

(I'm excited to try it out though)
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    What would be the point ? Why would a high level roster want low level prizes ?

My Star Lord is at 13/13, and I haven't champed him yet. My 2* Magneto needs one red cover so I can champ him. If my choices are between the two, I'd easily pick a 2* cover I can use over a 4* I'll have to sell.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    More info on rewards will be coming up. As rewards are still undergoing QA we need to await finalization before providing details.

(Yes, everything undergoes QA. Yes, we are very hesitant to post details and then have to disappoint and change them. icon_e_wink.gif )
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    A bracket full of all 4* players fighting over 4* prizes? Sounds like this was designed by a super villain.

Avengers-Arena-2.jpg&q=95&w=488&zc=1&a=t

(I'm excited to try it out though)
    Think about all the poor souls going for 1000 points in the 3* event. There will be no big people driving up the scores and it will become a bloodbath at 600 points.
    In the 4* bracket that is where people will probably play nicely and still coordinate. 4* bracket will still have 2-3k point scorers and 3* brackets will struggle to get to 800.

I am really glad I have OML on my side
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    I find the critical portion of this to be highly confusing.

So you are competing against the same people for your clearance level YET no MMR changes? So that means that you are still visible for all people in that shard? So you can be competing against 3*, but still get walloped by 5*?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    Think about all the poor souls going for 1000 points in the 3* event. There will be no big people driving up the scores and it will become a bloodbath at 600 points.
    In the 4* bracket that is where people will probably play nicely and still coordinate. 4* bracket will still have 2-3k point scorers and 3* brackets will struggle to get to 800.

I am really glad I have OML on my side

The big scorers will still be visible across clearance levels, per the OP. Shouldn't affect scoring at all.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    Perhaps in the lower Clearance level PVP shards, the top progression will be set lower and/or not be a 4* cover. Perhaps if you're at Clearance 5, the top progression is, perhaps, 5 CP at 800 points, and the 3* cover is at 600. Something like that. Wait & see I guess.

And it sounds like you'll still be able to queue / be queued by anyone in the shard regardless of Clearance level. Not sure how that will work with hypothetical lower progression targets in lower levels...

I am curious to see how this will shake out. I'll likely hang out in 5 or 6 to start. No point in tackling 7 if it's meant for the big boys.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ok I gave one wise crack but I do think this will be good and will get more players playing PVP. I also think this will allow more players to progress in PVE. I think this will be very good for PVE and I feel PVE is something the Devs feel is the main game play over PVP.

I am wondering about scaling for PVE though. Is going for the 4* character going to be higher scaling than the 3*? For 2-3* players that do well in PVP are they going to skip the 3* and just go after 4*?

This looks exciting and good for the game. I see some flaws for some but overall sounds good.