Feature Info: S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels *Updated

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    unless u start at the beginning of a PvE, i doubt you will get a good ranking cause the over saturation of brackets. it went from noob or veteran bracket in 5 End times. now there will be 7+ brackets per ET.

lol, When "He Who Shall Not Be Named" gets high enough to be in his own clearance level; does that mean he will be in a bracket by himself?
    He who... Geez, you're just the King of being vague, aren't you? The way you reference makes me Dread who you might mean. Next time, you might just naugt say anything? Gonna scare people.

At any rate, disappointed (but not surprised) to see the words "placement" and "compete" in the PVE section. I'm guessing this will hurt mixed alliances, where not everyone is in the highest clearance levels. Lower clearances with lower progress requirements probably means lower possible points provided to alliance score. Will this also affect boss events?

As far as PVE scaling, my guess is that the enemy level scaling won't be affected (still scaling to the roster). However, enemy ability ranks may be affected by the clearance you choose, with the newest newbiest of the newbies sitting on incomplete 1 stars and that Bagman they accidentally rostered dealing with enemies that have 1-2 rank abilities (or even 0 rank?), while those who are already championing Legendaries deal with the terrifying burst of a rank 5 Diabolical Plot wiping out the OML they were going to tank with. In some cases, the higher ranks end up being a nerf instead (the old guard of Black Widow powers that cost more with rank), and that's fun to laugh about. Then Red Hulk gets a lucky green cascade and absolutely crushes you with that full force Hammer and Anvil.

I'm curious to see how this will affect PVP. Personally, I've never made 1000 progress, and only rarely hit 800 (maybe twice?). I don't have the patience for this Shield Hopping **** that other players put up with. With a rank of 64, I'm not expecting to see any improvement in that, and I just hope it doesn't get even worse.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Deadpool's Daily Quest and Lightning Rounds do not have Clearance Levels.

That's disappointing, DDQ is the perfect place for this. We have just as many 4*s as 3*s now. It would be cool if we could pick our Clearance level for the DDQ 5-cycle.

I hope this is planned for the future because the 4* 1v1 is not helpful for transitioned when you need a decently covered character to win an LT that could give you a cover you already have or Cho.
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    thing is though, if it went purely by your scaling and not with which rank you chose...why would anyone choose anything other than the highest rank? If there's no difference between the lowest and highest rank, why go for the 2* rank when you could just skip all that and get the 4* rewards?[/quote]

It's not too hard to imagine situations where the "best" reward isn't necessarily the one you want. If the reward cover is a color I already have five in, if I'm not ready to champ, if (as gurlBYE mentioned) it's cho, etc.
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Um. Did that picture show different ending times of every 5 minutes?

How many brackets will there be?
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Merrick wrote:
    Um. Did that picture show different ending times of every 5 minutes?

How many brackets will there be?
    I noticed the bracket times as well. I feel confident saying those pictures are For Demonstration Purposes Only and Do Not Fully Reflect Final Product.
  • Suddenreal
    Suddenreal Posts: 92 Match Maker
    zodiac339 wrote:
    Lower clearances with lower progress requirements probably means lower possible points provided to alliance score.

It doesn't say lower progress requirements anywhere. It just changes the ranked rewards. Where now you have a four star as the top price, at rank 1 it will be a two star. The progression remains the same. So a lower ranked player will still add the same amount of points as he or she does now to the alliance score.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:
    billsrule7 wrote:
    Very grateful for the info, but the rewards are what I think most of us are interested in. Can't get any additional details on those?

My first thought was "How much iso we talking about here?" Also, will high level players that pick a low clearance level be in a bracket with similar rosters, or can high level players pick low levels just to get high placement against weaker rosters.

What would be the point ? Why would a high level roster want low level prizes ?

I, for one, am looking forward to entering low clearance events for non-critical PvE. If I can stop lower rosters from gaining progression there, then I can stop those players from ever becoming a possible opponent in PvP.

That's how this feature is supposed to work, right?

That's a little mean isn't it? Are you the kind of guy that unplug the other guys control pad when playing a console too?

Also youd only be stunting your own progress as well as theirs by doing that since you'll be missing out on the higher amounts of iso from clearance 7. Iso needs are a real problem (the only problem really) and by choosing lower clearance to block other people youd also be making sure you progress much slower
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    So in pvp this means a much narrower band of scores in any given bracket, right? That's the upshot? Nothing about this change suggests that the actual ability to score a given number of points will have changed for anyone, so as far as progression goes the change means nothing. This is all about aiming placement rewards to hit the right people with the right stuff.

I worry that this will pit alliance members against each other a lot, especially in high end alliances. It'll be really hard for an alliance to act very cooperatively when all of them are in the same bracket and the meaningful rewards are all from placement.

I don't understand what queuing in a lower bracket actually does for you other than **** your rewards and troll the people who actually wanted them.

In PvE does this mean anything at all? If you join a lower bracket does it mean lower scaling? Scaling already meant that roster development means little to your ability to place, compared to your ability to devote hours of your time, so that much isn't really changing. Is the gameplay changing in any real way?
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm concerned by the word 'placement'.

Is it just going to be the same as story mode where the top 10 get that 4* prize and everyone else doesn't?
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope that 3* covers will still be available at level 7 and up? My champions are hungry...
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    As I understand it, your brackets will be determined by 1. clearance levels and 2. timing. Currently for PVE, brackets are split between noob/intermediate and vet slices. At launch a slice would be divided into 7 different clearance brackets. Splitting everything up like this sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Personally for me, I play in Slice 2. Slice 2 is extremely competitive because over the course of an event you only ever get maybe 5 or 6 vet brackets (guesstimate). I'm not sure what the distribution of clearance levels is but I'm pretty sure that there can't be that many level 7s meaning 1 or 2 brackets as most. That's a disaster for placement for anyone not joining right at the start. I shudder to think of the intensity of the competition with clearance level bracket sizes..

I would be grateful if you guys look at the distribution and hopefully reduce the bracket sizes accordingly.
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    I wonder what impact this will have for lower Shield clearance level players in regards to 2*, 3* and 4* essential nodes in PVE. Also, how about when a new 4* is released - will it only be available to players in a higher clearance level? This would most probably be a push for PVE focused alliances to only accept members of higher rank
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    mindsuckr wrote:
    Does this mean that vet, intermediate, and noob brackets are going away? Sounds like they are doing away with "pve tanking" with this.

That does seem to be the case, if you want an easier time against weaker rosters than your own then you will also be getting worse results in the process, which seems like a sensible way of doing it rather than having lower level rosters being able to take advantage of their scaling to place far higher than they should.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope that 3* covers will still be available at level 7 and up? My champions are hungry...

Hopefully in that mode you would see 3*'s instead of 2*'s and 4*'s instead of 3*'s.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    kidicarus wrote:
    As I understand it, your brackets will be determined by 1. clearance levels and 2. timing. Currently for PVE, brackets are split between noob/intermediate and vet slices. At launch a slice would be divided into 7 different clearance brackets. Splitting everything up like this sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Personally for me, I play in Slice 2. Slice 2 is extremely competitive because over the course of an event you only ever get maybe 5 or 6 vet brackets (guesstimate). I'm not sure what the distribution of clearance levels is but I'm pretty sure that there can't be that many level 7s meaning 1 or 2 brackets as most. That's a disaster for placement for anyone not joining right at the start. I shudder to think of the intensity of the competition with clearance level bracket sizes..

I would be grateful if you guys look at the distribution and hopefully reduce the bracket sizes accordingly.
    Here is a thought for you. How often will higher level players 65+ really grind for placement in PVE? I am level 66 almost 67 and play all PVE but only till the CP. there are only 7 4* I don't have 13 covers for. I will continue to play for the ISO and CP but will probably not play for top placement as it will still be too grindy. Focusing on PVP will still be my priority. In the higher level matches it might actually be easier to place because big vets might not care as much about the 4*.
    I do agree if you want to place you have to start right away because otherwise you will start really far behind in the event
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    wymtime wrote:
    kidicarus wrote:

Here is a thought for you. How often will higher level players 65+ really grind for placement in PVE? I am level 66 almost 67 and play all PVE but only till the CP. there are only 7 4* I don't have 13 covers for. I will continue to play for the ISO and CP but will probably not play for top placement as it will still be too grindy. Focusing on PVP will still be my priority. In the higher level matches it might actually be easier to place because big vets might not care as much about the 4*.
    I do agree if you want to place you have to start right away because otherwise you will start really far behind in the event

I don't know about you. I'm lvl 66 atm, mostly f2p- on 22 Champed 4*s with a champed oml and i'm totally the opposite from you. I play pvp to 1300 or whatever I can get with 2 shields and top 10 placing because pvp is such utter cupcake **** and HP spending ego tripping. I play pve because that's where I get most of my progression from these days finishing top 5-10 and getting daily vault tokens which really add up over time.

Real PVP died when we split up the PVP population into slices and allowed a few big alliances to mark out their territories.

yeah and death to cupcakes!
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is all very exciting and interesting. Looking forward to seeing what it brings.

I will say this: it will make the PVE/PVP Event threads a lot more .... complicated.

Best of luck Moon Roach!
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    Well, looks promising, it might be exactly what we wanted, I still have some doubt about of MMR will work, but promising.

BUT until levels 7-10 go life it is still pointless for people with some champed 5s like me. I guess devs want to try lower levels before they can start to use 5s as rewards, and probably also have more time to release some more 5s, but as is at launch it doesnt help me at all, and it looks like I am going to keep using OML+PH for a long time icon_e_sad.gif

I guess it might also be a problem that there is a lot of people in rank 65-70. I think people with champed 5s should have obtained a higher rank, so people with 4s wouldnt have to play against them. But we will see how it goes...
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    How do Versus Events work with Clearance Levels?
    Clearance Levels in Versus Events act just like any other event in terms of who you are competing against on the leaderboard. As for matchmaking, you will be matched against players in the same End Time to ensure there are enough players to play against. Currently, Clearance Levels do not impact matchmaking.

Does this mean that we will be matched against all players in the same time slice event if they are in different leaderboard brackets?

If so, that would mean it would make no difference in terms of difficulty if you chose a level 1 bracket or a level 7 bracket. The level 1 bracket would just have lower quality rewards.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    kidicarus wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    kidicarus wrote:

I don't know about you. I'm lvl 66 atm, mostly f2p- on 22 Champed 4*s with a champed oml and i'm totally the opposite from you. I play pvp to 1300 or whatever I can get with 2 shields and top 10 placing because pvp is such utter cupcake tinykitty and HP spending ego tripping. I play pve because that's where I get most of my progression from these days finishing top 5-10 and getting daily vault tokens which really add up over time.

Real PVP died when we split up the PVP population into slices and allowed a few big alliances to mark out their territories.

yeah and death to cupcakes!

I am actually a similar player to you hitting 1300 on 1-2 shields in PVP, and have 16 championed 4* and have only spent $20 on the game. I think the difference is I have not had the drive to make top 10 in PVE. I get top10 to top 20 for new covers but not most PVE because when I did do that I was feeling burnt out. Now me and a lot of my alliance play PVE for the ISO, a little HP and CP. the 4* take a ton more effort. You might be right more people might start grinding PVE. I probably won't. I definatly will not do clears ideally, but if the prize is worth it I might do the full 6 clears on hard modes instead of 4 to just get the CP. I personally found PVP allows faster progression than PVE. If you are able to do both and not burn out I salute you. Consistent top scores in PVE and big scores in PVP is impressive.