Feature Info: S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels *Updated

Comments

• killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]*Added preview images from the new FAQ entry.

from the screenshots, i guess u can't see full progression/event prize ranking. it'll be hard to make a good decision without know how many covers u get each ranking. it just states where spread is for the threshold for getting 1 cover, i guess.

I don't think so. Given that there's a enter button there, that means you have to hit it before your choice is locked in, so more than likely if you choose your level and hit preview rewards, it will show you the rewards for that level.

lol thx, didn't notice rewards button. u would think they would have a screen shot of "bottom of the progression and top of ranking".
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm reading this as enter the lowest clearance level you can that offers the desired prize.

What is the reward for entering higher? I'm not sure I wouldn't rather beat up on lower level dudes/dudettes for one 4* cover than slug it out over 2.
  • killerkoala
    fmftint wrote:
    How will clearance work on new releases? choosing a high clearance will place you in a bracket with players of the same clearance, but presumably all clearance levels will be working for the same release

i think with the higher clearance, 1 cover threshold moves lower in rankings.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Uhhh.... anyone else notice that level 5 & 6 have 4* Goddess as the reward?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards

I noticed. I can always use an extra champ level icon_e_smile.gif
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    pheregas wrote:
    I'm reading this as enter the lowest clearance level you can that offers the desired prize.

What is the reward for entering higher? I'm not sure I wouldn't rather beat up on lower level dudes/dudettes for one 4* cover than slug it out over 2.

Remember that the problem this is intended to solve is high level players getting 2 and 3 star covers that they don't really need (in progression and placement), and, arguably, 1 and 2 star players getting 4 star covers that they can barely use (in placement in easy brackets). It this works well, it would not only give 4* players the progression rewards they've been asking for for a while now, but make the 1-2-3* transition faster because you're getting more rewards for that level and less rewards that either will only be helpful in the far future, or might not be helpful at all (i.e. pulling a 5* with the 25cp).
  • killerkoala
    edited September 2016
    pheregas wrote:

Remember that the problem this is intended to solve is high level players getting 2 and 3 star covers that they don't really need (in progression and placement), and, arguably, 1 and 2 star players getting 4 star covers that they can barely use (in placement in easy brackets). It this works well, it would not only give 4* players the progression rewards they've been asking for for a while now, but make the 1-2-3* transition faster because you're getting more rewards for that level and less rewards that either will only be helpful in the far future, or might not be helpful at all (i.e. pulling a 5* with the 25cp).

unless u start at the beginning of a PvE, i doubt you will get a good ranking cause the over saturation of brackets. it went from noob or veteran bracket in 5 End times. now there will be 7+ brackets per ET.

lol, When "He Who Shall Not Be Named" gets high enough to be in his own clearance level; does that mean he will be in a bracket by himself?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    How will clearance work on new releases? choosing a high clearance will place you in a bracket with players of the same clearance, but presumably all clearance levels will be working for the same release

so why wouldn't i just choose clearance level 2 where most players won't have all essential characters? easy T10 for all 3 covers
  • killerkoala
    fmftint wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

so why wouldn't i just choose clearance level 2 where most players won't have all essential characters? easy T10 for all 3 covers

you might get 3*'s and maybe even only 2*'s at level 2 because from the screenshot u get 1 cover 3* at rank 15 at clearance level 4.
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    I don't know if that list of Ranks is acceptable unless it goes to 11.... icon_lol.gif
  • Does this mean that vet, intermediate, and noob brackets are going away? Sounds like they are doing away with "pve tanking" with this.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    So, pvp brackets of 500 people who chose Level 7 clearance...hmmmmmmmmm, yuck. Those brackets won't flip very often either I imagine.
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    I see a number of people wondering how this will affect scaling and suggesting things like hitting the lowest SCL with the reward you want to avoid harder fights. I don't see any reason for it to work that way. I feel like it makes the most sense to have SCL only affect rewards. There's no reason for a higher SCL to cause harder fights when your own scaling already does that. Shield Ranks determine your possible SCL, your roster determines your Rank, therefore even if a 4* player chooses a 2* SCL they'll still have 4* scaling. This keeps higher Rank characters from wrecking lower levels and offers you rewards in line with your current scaling.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    lol, When "He Who Shall Not Be Named" gets high enough to be in his own clearance level; does that mean he will be in a bracket by himself?

They've confirmed 10 ranks. When our good friend gets into this with his roster...
    Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven.jpg
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    I hope the other picture is more accurate i'm nearly at 40 and I'd rather not roster a bunch more 3 stars Im never going to use before I'm able to compete for 4 star covers.

Most importantly.

is it 1 cover per event?
    Is this a progression award, replacement for top 100, awarded upon event completion? is this just the same structure but lowering the awards for newer players

Once again realllly really hoping 3 stars means a 3 star roster. because eh to being tossed any more squirrel girls etc to sell off.

I already have some 4 stars 7/13 so I'd rather focus on those.

I mean I know We'll get answers Wednesday (likely Tuesday night)

but this has the potential to up my play time and spend or discourage play entirely so a lots riding on it.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    billsrule7 wrote:
    Very grateful for the info, but the rewards are what I think most of us are interested in. Can't get any additional details on those?

My first thought was "How much iso we talking about here?" Also, will high level players that pick a low clearance level be in a bracket with similar rosters, or can high level players pick low levels just to get high placement against weaker rosters.

What would be the point ? Why would a high level roster want low level prizes ?

I, for one, am looking forward to entering low clearance events for non-critical PvE. If I can stop lower rosters from gaining progression there, then I can stop those players from ever becoming a possible opponent in PvP.

That's how this feature is supposed to work, right?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I see a number of people wondering how this will affect scaling and suggesting things like hitting the lowest SCL with the reward you want to avoid harder fights. I don't see any reason for it to work that way. I feel like it makes the most sense to have SCL only affect rewards. There's no reason for a higher SCL to cause harder fights when your own scaling already does that. Shield Ranks determine your possible SCL, your roster determines your Rank, therefore even if a 4* player chooses a 2* SCL they'll still have 4* scaling. This keeps higher Rank characters from wrecking lower levels and offers you rewards in line with your current scaling.

thing is though, if it went purely by your scaling and not with which rank you chose...why would anyone choose anything other than the highest rank? If there's no difference between the lowest and highest rank, why go for the 2* rank when you could just skip all that and get the 4* rewards?
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    this system is also delicate because if iso rewards aren't balanced right, expect the weeks cho is a choice to be when everyone goes to the 3 stars or lower.

Unless they make a cho, squirrel, bagman combo.

But then obviously everyone would go for bagman.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards

The main page lists the "target goals" and says 5-7 are for 3*, I presume this means 6 will be kinda like what we've got now, where most of the t100 rewards will be 3*, but you can still get a 4* or two to broaden your roster and lay the groundwork for a future 3*-4* transition. My personal speculation would be that level 5 only gives one 4* cover to the top few placement levels, level 6 gives them to top 10 like what is the default now, and level 7 will give something better than that (t20/t50 for a guaranteed 4*?)

It means that while the FOCUS for 5-7 is 3*s, you can still pick up some 4*s along the way (which I figure would be the same for lower levels, where your focus is gaining 2*s, 3*s are still available at that level, just less frequent or harder to get).
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Overall I'm excited about this! I hope the 4* level gives a 4* cover as progression in PvE instead of just added placement rewards.

While many players already asked my concerns (e.g. new character releases, scaling, alliance rewards, limited roster). No one has brought up PvP Season. It says there will be clearance levels for the Season, so I'm assuming you can pick the Season end rewards but still choose a Clearance level for the individual PvP and SHIELD Sim event.

I do wish Clearance level 8 was available for the many players that are the max-implemented SHIELD rank 65. I'm rank 52, players ranked at 65 have crazy rosters because the SHIELD rank only gave players a max of 65, when their rosters could really be rank 100. I hope they open clearance level 8 soon, give out additional LTs to those players then make 9 and 10 chance for 5*s.