Feature Info: S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels *Updated

Comments

• HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    DFiPL wrote:
    My problem is that I have 30+ 4*, and around a dozen of those have four covers or fewer. Another 10 or so are half-covered or better. Everybody else is between 4-6.

Where do I get covers? LTs, mainly. I'll continue to be able to earn them through hitting max progression in PVE, but my other source - from champions - is going to dry up soon.

I'm a little bit ahead of you in the 4*'s. I have 37 of them and 31 are at 6 covers or better. Even though 3* championing is slowing down you should be getting to the point where you are picking up covers from the DDQ crash. It's only one legendary token every five days but they add up over time. I desperately want every 4* cover I can get but I'm already at the point where ISO is holding me back.

I have several 4*'s who would be very usable even though they don't have 13 covers, I just don't have the funds to max them all out. I have to balance my ISO between slowly leveling the usable ones and bringing up the other ones to a level where they can win DDQ crash. I just had to level Venom from 70 to 141 to beat his crash (0/5/2 is a terrible build for that character) but now he can get me a token every time his crash comes around.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    HaywireII wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    My problem is that I have 30+ 4*, and around a dozen of those have four covers or fewer. Another 10 or so are half-covered or better. Everybody else is between 4-6.

Where do I get covers? LTs, mainly. I'll continue to be able to earn them through hitting max progression in PVE, but my other source - from champions - is going to dry up soon.

I'm a little bit ahead of you in the 4*'s. I have 37 of them and 31 are at 6 covers or better. Even though 3* championing is slowing down you should be getting to the point where you are picking up covers from the DDQ crash. It's only one legendary token every five days but they add up over time. I desperately want every 4* cover I can get but I'm already at the point where ISO is holding me back.

I have several 4*'s who would be very usable even though they don't have 13 covers, I just don't have the funds to max them all out. I have to balance my ISO between slowly leveling the usable ones and bringing up the other ones to a level where they can win DDQ crash. I just had to level Venom from 70 to 141 to beat his crash (0/5/2 is a terrible build for that character) but now he can get me a token every time his crash comes around.

I have 11 4* capable of winning the Crash right now, and they've been leveled to the point they can do it (for most of them, that means 125 or 130, one or two had to go as high as 140). My XFDP *might* be able to win it, but he reached that point after his last cycle rolled around. She-Thor is 2/2/3 now, so maybe she can get it done also. That's potentially a couple months away, though.

None of the next dozen or so 4*, assuming those yet to bow take their bow before XFW comes up again, are going to get me LTs, save MAYBE Punisher (Max), if 4 blue gets it done. The rest are either not on my roster or woefully undercovered (we're talking 1-3 covers).
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Currently, Clearance Levels do not impact matchmaking.
    So lower level PvP will continue to be unplayable. Hopefully this gets changed eventually.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi, everyone.

Preview Images:

MPQ_SCL_Event_Sign_Up_Sep_2016.JPG

MPQ_SCL_Event_Shard_Sep_2016.JPG

im guessing those screens are just mock ups right.. i mean there is no way we are going to ahve 5 min brackets
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi, everyone.

Preview Images:

im guessing those screens are just mock ups right.. i mean there is no way we are going to ahve 5 min brackets

it's the new dynamic where u get clearance and ur choice of a end time every 5 minutes for 24 hours.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    DC1972 wrote:
    Why can't there still be noob and vet brackets? As prior commentators mentioned, some high SHIELD rank players may only be playing PVP or PVE but not both. I haven't played PVE in ages. If a pick Clearance level 7 for a PVE event will I be playing against vets that also chose clearance level 7?
    Why shouldn't you? Not playing PvE in ages doesn't handicap you or make you worse at it. There's no reason why you shouldn't compete against anyone with a similar roster.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi, everyone.

Preview Images:

it's the new dynamic where u get clearance and ur choice of a end time every 5 minutes for 24 hours.

hopefully that is a joke.. so pve is now only 24 hours long? its too early in the morning to understand what im doing..

So if that is not a joke why couldnt someone pick level 1 for 24 hours then level 5 for the next or is each 24 hour going to reward items

and noob and vet brackets are gone?
  • kevvypoo
    kevvypoo Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    slidecage wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi, everyone.

Preview Images:

hopefully that is a joke.. so pve is now only 24 hours long? its too early in the morning to understand what im doing..

So if that is not a joke why couldnt someone pick level 1 for 24 hours then level 5 for the next or is each 24 hour going to reward items

and noob and vet brackets are gone?

p sure this is just a qa environment where they set slices 5 minutes apart to test more easily.
  • MrCrowley
    MrCrowley Posts: 81 Match Maker
    How does season scoring work for PVP & clearance levels? If the reward is ****, some might just join a lower rank PVP to score high with a strong roster. I hope the lower ranks dont allow 5s characters.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Interesting.

I would have rather it been 4 stars for level 6 as well, but I'll just have to keep working on my level and reach that higher point.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrCrowley wrote:
    How does season scoring work for PVP & clearance levels? If the reward is ****, some might just join a lower rank PVP to score high with a strong roster. I hope the lower ranks dont allow 5s characters.
    As I understand it, if you have a clearance level 7 roster you will get matched up against other clearance level 7 rosters even if you choose to fight for clearance level 1 rewards for some reason. And PvE scaling remains the same, so if you choose a lower clearance level you might get better placement but worse rewards for it.
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Until I see the actual rewards per level I'm reserving judgement.

Shield levels seem to be a success, so I am hoping clearance will be too. However I believe this could slow the wheels of championing your 2 & 3 stars, which is a major iso & xp farm. I can also see how this will make scoring a top 100 tougher than before.

I guess time will tell, but more information is required!
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    DC1972 wrote:
    Why can't there still be noob and vet brackets? As prior commentators mentioned, some high SHIELD rank players may only be playing PVP or PVE but not both. I haven't played PVE in ages. If a pick Clearance level 7 for a PVE event will I be playing against vets that also chose clearance level 7?
    Why shouldn't you? Not playing PvE in ages doesn't handicap you or make you worse at it. There's no reason why you shouldn't compete against anyone with a similar roster.

Totally agree with simonsez, also why should someone in a noob bracket be rewarded with the games biggest prizes?

Pick clearance level 1 and hey presto you'll be in the new noob bracket earning noob prizes. I applaud the fact that d3 are attempting to shut down the loop holes which many people game. Want good prizes? Earn them in my opinion.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another byproduct of levels 8-10 not being life is that in rank 7 we have a very big range of people. People with 4-5 champed 4s and some 5s slightly covered to people with almost all 5s at 550 and all 4s at 370. That range is too wide!

I hope this doesn't mean I might be hit by people with 550 level 5s ...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Another byproduct of levels 8-10 not being life is that in rank 7 we have a very big range of people. People with 4-5 champed 4s and some 5s slightly covered to people with almost all 5s at 550 and all 4s at 370. That range is too wide!

I hope this doesn't mean I might be hit by people with 550 level 5s ...
    I assume the higher levels will be opened up when there are enough people at a high enough level to make competition there meaningful.
    But I get what you mean. I found KD last night in my queue, so I decided to take a look at what a level 550 fivestar looked like. I am in no rush to fight that...
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think my real concern with all this is how much more play time the game is going to require. People are already clearing story nodes 6 times in 24 hours, how many more fights are going to be added to that through the Clearance Levels? Are we going to be expected to stop sleeping for us to be able to get the best results from the story and Clearance Levels?
  • broll
    Quebbster wrote:
    MrCrowley wrote:
    As I understand it, if you have a clearance level 7 roster you will get matched up against other clearance level 7 rosters even if you choose to fight for clearance level 1 rewards for some reason. And PvE scaling remains the same, so if you choose a lower clearance level you might get better placement but worse rewards for it.

I don't think this is true based on this (underline added for emphasis):
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    How do Versus Events work with Clearance Levels?
    Clearance Levels in Versus Events act just like any other event in terms of who you are competing against on the leaderboard. As for matchmaking, you will be matched against players in the same End Time to ensure there are enough players to play against. Currently, Clearance Levels do not impact matchmaking.

So regardless of what rank you choose it sounds like at launch MMR will match you the same way it always did. The clearance chance in PvP only means that your points are only scored against other people in the same rank for placement. So currently if you have trouble getting higher than say 600 based on how MMR works, that won't change, but if you pick a low CL you might be ranked against people stuck in the same failboat as you and might get a chance at a decent placement reward (decent being relative to the CL).
  • broll
    I think my real concern with all this is how much more play time the game is going to require. People are already clearing story nodes 6 times in 24 hours, how many more fights are going to be added to that through the Clearance Levels? Are we going to be expected to stop sleeping for us to be able to get the best results from the story and Clearance Levels?

Why would you expect this to change the number of nodes? They literally just finished revamping that system, I assume they revamped it planning for it to work with this one.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:

Why would you expect this to change the number of nodes? They literally just finished revamping that system, I assume they revamped it planning for it to work with this one.

We dont actually know any details on how it works though. Do the Clearance Levels come with completely different fights to the ones in story mode meaning you have to fight fights in story mode and in the Clearance Levels each day to get the most benefit?
  • MrCrowley
    MrCrowley Posts: 81 Match Maker
    I have a bad feeling that anyone in the lower roster end of clearance level 7 will suffer massively.
    Basically I would be playing for the same rewards of 4s cover(s) and cp, but you just removed all the weaker rosters from the competition?
    How is this better? I just shift from a mid-level of roster strenght to low end. Or, I go back to clearance level 6 and still face the stronger rosters because of my clearance level? Or what?

EDIT: my roster has 4 champed 4s. No usable 5s.