What is VIP? *Updated (6/16/16)

Comments

• GritsNGravy
    GritsNGravy Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    This seems like a great deal for my play style, working on maxing more 4* and building 5*s.

However I do think the recovery time seems fairly worthless. I'd much prefer 2-5 more health pack capacity while VIP, this would allow me to player longer when I choose to play, instead of waiting less to play again (which isn't a big motivator).
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    So with the VIP right now I look at it more about buying resources rather than being an actual VIP.? If you think about it now if you were going to spend $10 on the game you can buy 1200HP, or 6400 ISO, or 600HP and 3200 ISO. Now for $10 yo can get 10k ISO, 700 HP, 9CP, 2LT, and 6 HT. The VIP is like a package of resources and is a way better value then what is in the game today.

As far as what VIP should feel like should be access. Imagine if you spent $10 and got to enter 4* PVP for 4-5* prizes. Weekend LR set up lie anniversary event 20 people max great prizes. Special boss battles or an extra DPDQ.
    If you look at this as a bundle package instead of a new program it looks a lot better.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    2. Reduce health pack regen timer. I've never waited for a hero to naturally regen, if OML or pvp feature is down, I'm using a health pack, period.
    It doesn't make sense to wait hours for a hero to regen when you can use a healthpack that will regen in 36 minutes.

What the VIP package should have done is split health packs into 2 pools (instead of faster health regeneration). The 10 regenerating ones and a separate one for those you earn via Taco tokens/rewards.

I have 50+ health packs from opening Taco tokens recently and it galls me that whenever I use one it doesn't regenerate but instead comes from my 'winnings'. Those should be separate so that I only have to dip into them if I use up the 10 regenerating ones.

KGB

P.S. As for the cost, $10 is basically asking someone to give up 2 starbucks coffee's a month OR 2 beers at the bar OR a pack of cigarettes etc.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Everyone's assuming V.I.P. stands for "Very Important Player/Person," and expecting rewards that correspond to that status.

If you think of it as standing for "Very Infrequent Purchaser," it might make a whole lot more sense.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB wrote:
    What the VIP package should have done is split health packs into 2 pools (instead of faster health regeneration). The 10 regenerating ones and a separate one for those you earn via Taco tokens/rewards.

I have 50+ health packs from opening Taco tokens recently and it galls me that whenever I use one it doesn't regenerate but instead comes from my 'winnings'. Those should be separate so that I only have to dip into them if I use up the 10 regenerating ones.

That is something that should come as standard really and then the VIP bonus could either increase the base of 10 health packs or it could increase the rate of healthpack regen which would actually be a useful bonus unlike the non-issue that is increased hero regen speed.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    compared to the current store, I think its decent value (even good). its up to you to decide if its worth your $. at a $10 spend level, you get both 70hp/$ and 1000iso/$, along with the cp and tokens. the 1000iso/$ is above even the top bulk rate in the store. mother lode tops off at 780iso/$ (don't know many who think that's good 'value' though). for hp its not nearly as good of a deal. at 70hp/$ that is in line with the $5 return (agency expenses returns 60hp/$), so that half of your $10 basically provides about what the store does. but, in addition to that you get 2 LTs, 9 cp and 6 heroics. which is likely more iso but if you have all 2* and 3* champed, maybe some more hp or cp. the iso would cover cycling 2 2*s a month to be able to add all of the champ rewards from redoing that (albeit at the rate of incoming covers - variable for each player). the hp is a little disappointing. was hoping for 1K so that'd be a slot/month. while the iso is solid value compared to the store, I'd obviously much prefer some multiplier to my earned iso in game. even if its a 10% bump, that'd be way better than 10K over 28 days.

i'll probably give it a try and see how it goes. I have no staunch opinion against it. for those implying it should be 10x what it is, gimme a break. if that's the way you operate buying a house or a car, good luck with that.

I don't really get the recovery time thing. I don't see much benefit there at all, but maybe there's a dynamic I'm not thinking of. I'd much rather have had some other option. in fact, I'd love options to choose different items. forego the tokens for extra iso/hp/cp at appropriate levels for the token. in fact, cp would be much better than the tokens anyway, providing flexibility for use - classic, latest, or cover or direct cover purchase.

could it be better, sure. with the history of the game, could've been quite a bit worse too.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    This is just sad.

The game is in a deplorable state, so what do they do? Ask for more money!

I might even forgive that if the features presented here addressed any of the actual problems with the game, but they don't. The problems with LTs and CP won't be solved by getting a couple more of them. The problem with Iso scarcity won't be solved by having a weaker deal in place to purchase it. Even if they had made it come with roster slots I'd mildly consider it, since roster slots are the only thing I ever spend money to get.

The best way to improve the profitability of a solvent game is to expand your audience! Focus on features, not on being as blood-sucking as possible! Come on, why are you trying to make your player-base hate you?
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    This is just sad.

The game is in a deplorable state, so what do they do? Ask for more money!

I might even forgive that if the features presented here addressed any of the actual problems with the game, but they don't. The problems with LTs and CP won't be solved by getting a couple more of them. The problem with Iso scarcity won't be solved by having a weaker deal in place to purchase it. Even if they had made it come with roster slots I'd mildly consider it, since roster slots are the only thing I ever spend money to get.

The best way to improve the profitability of a solvent game is to expand your audience! Focus on features, not on being as blood-sucking as possible! Come on, why are you trying to make your player-base hate you?

You adress a big problem. Who will buy this "offer"? As I understand the answers in this thread mostly the people who are already spending big money into this game (for them it is an offer, because they buy the totally overpriced items in the shop). But for players who think about the actual shop prices "this is pure madness", these players will not buy it. They drench the same fruit and when these fruits are drenched out, no others come up to compensate.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB wrote:
    P.S. As for the cost, $10 is basically asking someone to give up 2 starbucks coffee's a month OR 2 beers at the bar
    You're not doing a good job of convincing me this is worth it if you're asking me to give up a couple beers...
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    LakeStone wrote:
    What happens when my VIP status expires?
    The day after your VIP Status expires, you will be given the option to renew and become a VIP again. Once you renew, you gain all the benefits of being a VIP and the 28 bonus rewards starts all over.

No auto-renewal, thank god. For that alone I'll probably drop ten bucks to try it for a month.
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    tizian2015 wrote:
    You adress a big problem. Who will buy this "offer"? As I understand the answers in this thread

Personally, I would never suggest trying to figure out what the "average" player does or will do based on any forum thread, on any topic. The developers surveyed the playerbase, and it's clear what the results of the survey were.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Their baseline is 78000 ISO for 99 bucks.

Yes, I would like more ISO in the VIP package too, but 70K for 10 bucks simply isn't going to happen.

That says more about how overpriced iso is rather than how much they should be including in any package, also the iso is getting doled out a small amount at a time so it should be getting given out at a better rate since it is less immediately usable.

Agreed. Sure, it's a decent deal compared to the value currently offered within their stores, but those values are in fact terrible. For $10 a month I get Netflix for my entire household, which gives me unlimited access to countless movies and television shows, original programming, and more content than I could ever possibly burn through. I get it in HD, and I can even link it to two separate screens, so I can even share it with a friend or family member in exchange for one of their premium log-ins. For two more dollars, I can get it in "Ultra HD" and link it to 4 screens total, or share it with three friends for two additional premium log-ins.

Now, I get that there is an economy of scale happening there, but let's look at another product of closer scale and content: Marvel Unlimited. For $9.99 a month, I get unlimited access to over 17,000 Marvel comics, more than I could ever read. Sure, I have to wait 6 months before the newest releases enter the program, but that applies with basically any subscription service (Netflix is largely the same), and I do still get that content, just after a delay. You know all of the tiny covers we get to look at, that slowly open up game mechanics for us? You get the actual content past those covers, and all of the interrelated stories that make us actually care about any of this IP. If they wanted to give us meaningful rewards but not have the latest characters enter the VIP program until 6 months after their release, I'd be happy with that.

So sure, it's a deal within their own store, but that's like going into a grocery store that sells a dozen eggs for $100 and then finding a way to get 7 eggs for only $50 over the course of a month and saying "What a steal!"
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Keegan wrote:
    tizian2015 wrote:
    You adress a big problem. Who will buy this "offer"? As I understand the answers in this thread

Personally, I would never suggest trying to figure out what the "average" player does or will do based on any forum thread, on any topic. The developers surveyed the playerbase, and it's clear what the results of the survey were.

Just they answered with all the wrong things. I don't think when people meant they want more tokens, they wanted more 2 star heroics. Nor when they wanted more iso that it'd be just 500-1000 a day. 1000-1500 alternating would have been much better. Or when they wanted a better progression for 4 stars they would more CP and LTS that continue the gambling of 5 stars.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    KGB wrote:
    P.S. As for the cost, $10 is basically asking someone to give up 2 starbucks coffee's a month OR 2 beers at the bar
    You're not doing a good job of convincing me this is worth it if you're asking me to give up a couple beers...
    d9a6e4df-ef82-44c5-a542-1043239f15e8_zps9syc7hmt.png
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Added the Daily Rewards List to the OP.
  • Thorin radd
    Thorin radd Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    6 shots at moonstone too wow. But its a good deal
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    LakeStone wrote:
    VIP will start on June 20th

VIP Rewards List:
    Day 00: Legendary Token
    Day 01: 1000 Iso
    Day 02: 100 Hero Points
    Day 03: Heroic Token
    Day 04: 3 Command Points
    Day 05: 1000 Iso
    Day 06: 100 Hero Points
    Day 07: Heroic Token
    Day 08: 1000 Iso
    Day 09: 500 Iso
    Day 10: 100 Hero Points
    Day 11: 500 Iso
    Day 12: 3 Command Points
    Day 13: Legendary Token
    Day 14: 100 Hero Points
    Day 15: Heroic Token
    Day 16: 1000 Iso
    Day 17: 500 Iso
    Day 18: 100 Hero Points
    Day 19: Heroic Token
    Day 20: 3 Command Points
    Day 21: 1000 Iso
    Day 22: 100 Hero Points
    Day 23: Heroic Token
    Day 24: 1000 Iso
    Day 25: 1000 Iso
    Day 26: 100 Hero Points
    Day 27: Heroic Token
    Day 28: 1500 Iso

I'm bitterly disappointed with the amount of Heroic Tokens littered throughout the VIP package.
    For the the majority of us we will pull 2* covers.
    Please consider removing the heroic tokens for something else.
    I don't care what , Anything but the tinykitty heroic tokens.

healthpack.png Peace out healthpack.png
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    I'm bitterly disappointed with the amount of Heroic Tokens littered throughout the VIP package.

But, but, I love working my **** off in LRs to get 2 heroic tokens that give me a total of 500 iso!
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker

This will be the only post they pay attention to, and they'll replace the Heroic Tokens with Critical Boosts. icon_lol.gif
  • apmonte
    apmonte Posts: 72
    My current roster: Half of my 3 stars championed. One 4-star at level 180.

I won't be doing this. The current package is a collection of trinkets that don't sufficiently help move my roster forward or make me more effective in battle.

What would be meaningful as a VIP package (to me) that would get me to sign up.

1. 25%+ bonus on earned ISO
    2. Meaning gift ISO (like 1500 drops) Consider that most of us already get an easy, free 3k daily in DDQ.
    3. 15 health packs instead of 10 (or 30%+ regen bonus on the current 10)
    4. The initial Legendary token is ok, but I'd rather have CP for all additional token rewards. At some point, if I don't have enough ISO to champion my 4-stars, I'll be wasting tokens & CP on covers that I'll have to sell (that makes me angry).
    5. Show me the number of people already in story & verses event before I join. I'm a VIP - first in line.
    6. Give me better tools going into battle - visual indicators of how much my strike, attack, and protect tiles do each round (or how much the enemy is doing).
    7. Allow me to turn off animation.
    8. Occasional special events, like VIP lightning rounds.

I don't need all of these things to sign up, but these are more in line with what I expect before I'm willing to part with $130/year in addition to HP purchases for a mobile app.

I suggest you look to PC games like Tribal War and Navy Field to see what their premium services added. I paid for those when I played them. I won't pay for this.