What is VIP? *Updated (6/16/16)

Comments

• Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    I have been thinking about this feature long and hard.

There are some good things about it. And it might be worthwhile as a whole. But in the end, I have decided that the amount of ISO you receive is a joke.

They just increased the amount of ISO you get for free, just for being in an active alliance to 56K every 28 days. You get over 105K from completing DPD in the same time. And yet when you decide to give them money, and support the game, they give you only 9500 ISO in return.
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Keegan wrote:
    tizian2015 wrote:
    Azoth658 wrote:
    Everybody wants more ISO surprisingly I do as well. But if they gave you 10000 a day for 10 bucks and you max your roster in two months what would you do next?

What's the point of playing a collect them all and power them all up game if you've done it all?

How many video games have you completed to 100% and then carried on playing them (unless it's multiplayer based)?

What I've seen in the last six months to a year has been fantastic from the developers. We've got a vast array of four star characters. We've had new alliance events. We've had a double iso event. We've been given the champion system. We've had a new (ridiculously hard) pve added.

In the first year of play I don't recall hardly any of these huge changes. I remember a few things but it definitely felt like a grind and that 3* was all there was to aim for.

But I for one would rather have every four star cover and then have to worry about who to level instead of a bunch of iso and no covers to level it into.

I can't wait for this package to drop it'll probably get me back into the game especially for the month or so I've bought. Roll in those legendary tokens I currently don't have.

10000 a day in two months is 600000. This is enough to level 1,5 4*s. Did you read the posts of people about needing 4-12 millions of iso? With distribution of 2-3 new 4*-5* heroes this would be not enough to level NEW heroes.

I know I read posts from people saying they "need" millions to max level all the toons. The thing is, this game is not designed for that need, and it's never going to be. It's part RPG, which means you have to make choices on your investments. You simply don't get to have it all - the super whales don't even have everyone max champed after spending thousands upon thousands of real money. If you want it all, you're going to be wanting forever and you're always going to be unhappy. I don't think this is the fault of the developers at all.

Could you please stop to tell us, what this game is designed for and for what not ? Otherwise you give a proven source for this opinion from a developer or you are a developer by yourself!

If this game doesnt stop you from buying rosterplaces, it is designed to roster all chars available.

If this game is demanding for essentials nearly every char available and esp. in pvp this char has to be full leveled to get a chance for a top place, it is designed to level ALL chars. And not only a few. Otherwise essentials would be a nice to have but not essential (esp. in pvp)

If this game gives the same rewards to the 1* player and to the 5* player it doesnt mean it is designed to make choices, but only it is bad designed to the need of different tiers of play.

If a game gives not enough ressources to players who paid twice more than for a console game, it is bad designed because it depends on the support on whales and the only thing the designers are interested are the needs of the whales. so you loose a broader support base (and customers who are willing to pay something but not everything they have) and in the end, when the few whales decide to go, the game dies.

If the game just want to let us make choices for some chars, then the game didnt needed many chars, because only a few are really worth to level and then the game only needs these few, because the game is designed to level only this chars. Otherwise some chars are "traps" from the designers to let players make bad choices.

If the game is designed to really make choices for only a few chars, then all chars has to be top tier, otherwise a choice makes no sense, because then there is no real choice.

So stop it, to tell us, what this game is designed for. You may have an opinion, but then mark it as an opinion and not as a fact.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    So, I like the concept of VIP, and probably voted yes in a poll back when it was just talk, but what's being proposed is tepid. I'd add the following.
      The lack of hero slot is an egregious oversight. Every VIP renewal should come with one. Every day where there's no ISO reward, double ISO from all other sources. Every day where there's no token reward, double tokens from all other sources.

You want my money, and I don't mind giving it to you. I just need to feel like I wasn't a fool for doing so.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    On Monday, when this goes live for almost everyone, I'll be on day 828. In the 28 day span of paying 9.99USD for VIP, I will have received:
    • iso8big.png: 10,000
    • heropointsbig.png: 700
    • commandpointsbig.png: 9
    • token_heroic.png: 6
    • token_legendary.png: 2

In the same time frame, I'll have been given for free in the daily resupply:
    • iso8big.png: 1,500
    • heropointsbig.png: 250
    • commandpointsbig.png: 25
    • token_heroic.png: 4
    • blueflag.pngicon_professorx.png
    • redflag.pngicon_ironman.png

This only covers 13 of the 28 days, as 15 are random, which could be more iso or hero points (although we all know it's standard tokens icon_e_confused.gif ), not to mention the 56,000 iso given for all alliance-mates playing everyday, which always happens in my alliance....

This doesn't feel like much of an upgrade compared to what we are already getting in the daily resupply list. Now perhaps this isn't aimed towards someone like me - someone who has played long enough that my needs are less than the majority of players. Then again, this is aimed directly at me - someone who can't afford to pay too much in the game but would definitely be willing to drop 10 bucks a month on it.

The acronym VIP invokes a certain status in most people's minds. I think if this wasn't named VIP, but instead named "Enhanced Daily Resupply Drop," it would be taken better.

My VIP would look something like this:
    • VIP Rewards List
      Day 00: Legendary Token
      Day 01: 2,500 Iso, 100 Hero Points
      Day 02: Heroic Token
      Day 03: 2,500 Iso, 100 Hero Points
      Day 04: 5 Command Points
      Day 05: 2,500 Iso, 100 Hero Points
      Day 06: Heroic Token
      Day 07: 2,500 Iso, 100 Hero Points
      Day 08: 5 Command Points
      Day 09: 2,500 Iso, 100 Hero Points
      Day 10: Heroic Token
      Day 11: 2,500 Iso, 100 Hero Points
      Day 12: 5 Command Points
      Day 13: 2,500 Iso, 100 Hero Points
      Day 14: Heroic Token
      Day 15: 2,500 Iso, 100 Hero Points
      Day 16: Legendary Token
      Day 17: 2,500 Iso, 100 Hero Points
      Day 18: Heroic Token
      Day 19: 2,500 Iso, 100 Hero Points
      Day 20: 5 Command Points
      Day 21: 2,500 Iso, 100 Hero Points
      Day 22: Heroic Token
      Day 23: 2,500 Iso, 100 Hero Points
      Day 24: 5 Command Points
      Day 25: 2,500 Iso, 100 Hero Points
      Day 26: Heroic Token
      Day 27: 2,500 Iso, 100 Hero Points
      Day 28: 5 Command Points
      (Totals: 35,000 Iso, 1400 Hero Points, 30 Command Points, 7 Heroic Tokens (I guess?), and 2 Legendary Tokens)
    • 50% faster health pack regeneration, not 25% health regeneration
    • 1000 iso per alliance-mate playing daily
    • Removal of the skip tax!!!!!
    • A little icon next to your name (even if it's just for your own screen) saying you're a VIP (stupid yes, but sometimes it's little things that matter...no, the ISO is what matters...

Just my 2 cents..
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    The best VIP system i know was based on amount of premium currency spent. In this game (cant recall the name) there were VIP levels based on how much of premium currency you spent in total. The higher level, the better daily reward you got.

I can imagine it would work here as well - Investments of paying players would be beneficial in future and free players would be rewarded for their hard work (getting HPs requieres high placement on events, or long game age so you can get HPs from champions).

My idea how this could work here:
    VIP 1: 1 000HP spent; 250ISO per day
    VIP 2: 5 000HP spent; 500ISO + Common token per day
    VIP 3: 15 000HP spent; 1000ISO + 2 Common tokens per day
    VIP 4: 35 000HP spent; 2000ISO + Heroic token per day
    VIP 5: 80 000HP spent; 5000ISO + 2 Heroic tokens + 1 CP per day
    VIP 6: 150 000HP spent; 7500ISO + 3 HTs + 2CPs
    VIP 7: 350 000HP spent; 10 000ISO + 4 HTs + 3CPs + 1LT

And maybe more.
    Point is, this VIP system could greatly fit the name "VIP", it would reflect players loyality to the game (hard work, expenses, age of player) and also reflect the need of players - in late game, you need much more ISO, but inflow from events, daily... even from purchases or "old" VIP remains constant over time.

I know this is not a suggestion thread but this is how i see VIP system (VIP = very important person; which, i think, means someone who plays a lot, or pays a lot...)
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny wrote:
    The best VIP system i know was based on amount of premium currency spent. In this game (cant recall the name) there were VIP levels based on how much of premium currency you spent in total. The higher level, the better daily reward you got.

I can imagine it would work here as well - Investments of paying players would be beneficial in future and free players would be rewarded for their hard work (getting HPs requieres high placement on events, or long game age so you can get HPs from champions).

That is roughly how Marvel Future Fight's system VIP system works, but I think it is based on how much currency is bought rather than spent i.e. excludes the stuff you earn ingame.
  • Breadsticks
    Breadsticks Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Overall in comparison to the rest of the shop it's a decent deal. That's irrefutable.

However, I find it nigh impossible that people who filled out the survey like myself didn't ask for at least 5k-45k more ISO in the package.

I understand that there's no way they would've given 50k in a $9.99 catch all package but at least 15k-20k in total would've been more fair.

Even me being only in the 3* transition in my 4 month of play there are ISO issues. 10k spread out in such insignificant amounts doesn't help.

This package should've taken into account the new higher value for 2* resale champs helping you to move that farming along faster.

The faster regen of chars just falls flat and unless it drops that time by 50% it doesn't help.

Patience is a virtue and we'll have wait and see what else is unveiled before we write this move off.

I'll still try the plan for at least two months since the hp, lts and such is too easy to pass up.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know it's probably been answered but are the two LTS just for signing up the first time, then afterwards it is only one LT per month?
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:
    I know it's probably been answered but are the two LTS just for signing up the first time, then afterwards it is only one LT per month?

I would believe so u get 1 for initial sign up and then 1 during the 28 days. It's been asked if there will be additional one for every renewal but so far they haven't said. so i would only expect 1 every VIP package not 2.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:

I would believe so u get 1 for initial sign up and then 1 during the 28 days. It's been asked if there will be additional one for every renewal but so far they haven't said. so i would only expect 1 every VIP package not 2.

That's what I figured, so they'll have a great first month because people would get 2 LTs, then the next month will be a heavy drop off. Kinda like the movies.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't understand the confusion here.

You get 1 LT on day 0 (whenever you sign up for VIP), and a second on day 13. Why would that not happen every single time you buy a VIP month?
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:

You get 1 LT on day 0 (whenever you sign up for VIP), and a second on day 13. Why would that not happen every single time you buy a VIP month?

There is no reason at all, but there is no reason at all so they can give you one LT the first time you get the package and then just one on day 13 of each month. I personally think we will get two, but it would be nice to get a confirmation from a red.

I guess the confusion comes because this looks like more like a subscription model than just regular purchases in the store, an in subscription models Day 0 is usually just the day you subscribe for the first time.

I checked the whole thread and this is the closest we have to a confirmation that it is indeed two LTs
    Cthulhu wrote:
    the correct amount of ISO for the last day is fixed, that was the only edit.

Day 0 is basically you bought it here you go!

This is the rewards as of this week, I can't say they will stay this way forever
  • Monged4life
    Monged4life Posts: 420
    They found a way to charge you guys monthly for a fix to the daily resupplys? Brilliant :') Can't wait to see what you're paying for next month...
  • Skymedium
    Skymedium Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Still not active in sweden (appstore).
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:

There is no reason at all, but there is no reason at all so they can give you one LT the first time you get the package and then just one on day 13 of each month. I personally think we will get two, but it would be nice to get a confirmation from a red.

I guess the confusion comes because this looks like more like a subscription model than just regular purchases in the store, an in subscription models Day 0 is usually just the day you subscribe for the first time.

I checked the whole thread and this is the closest we have to a confirmation that it is indeed two LTs
    Cthulhu wrote:

This is the rewards as of this week, I can't say they will stay this way forever
    The way it sounds to me is that you get day 0 reward everytime you buy the VIP. Nobody is calling it a subscription service except the forumites, and because we are referring to it as a subscription we automatically go into the mentality of start it, then it continues on a monthly basis.

It's not a subscription. When it runs out, you have to purchase it again. The day count ends at 28. You are then back to day 0 where it waits for you to activate it if you want to. Because it requires you to actively purchase it when it finally expires, I read it as an LT every time you renew, then an LT halfway through... if they don't change it.

If it was a subscription service, and they said you get an LT for subscribing, then that implies one time gift and autorenewal, and if it were an actual subscription I would expect it to continue counting days and the daily rewards getting better the longer you were subscribed. This way, they don't have to come up with a progressively better set of rewards like they struggle to do with the daily login rewards.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    The way it sounds to me is that you get day 0 reward everytime you buy the VIP.
    But isn't it great that 5 days and 12 pages later, we're still having to guess about it?
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    Vhailorx wrote:

Unfortunately they have a track record for screwing over their paying customer base through poor communication surrounding changes such as this. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they allowed everyone to believe they were getting 2 LTs every 28 days and then once they pay for the second month they find out that the 2nd LT was a one-time bonus. We won't see clarification on this for 28 days.
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    JVReal wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:

Cthulhu wrote:

The way it sounds to me is that you get day 0 reward everytime you buy the VIP. Nobody is calling it a subscription service except the forumites, and because we are referring to it as a subscription we automatically go into the mentality of start it, then it continues on a monthly basis.

It's not a subscription. When it runs out, you have to purchase it again. The day count ends at 28. You are then back to day 0 where it waits for you to activate it if you want to. Because it requires you to actively purchase it when it finally expires, I read it as an LT every time you renew, then an LT halfway through... if they don't change it.

If it was a subscription service, and they said you get an LT for subscribing, then that implies one time gift and autorenewal, and if it were an actual subscription I would expect it to continue counting days and the daily rewards getting better the longer you were subscribed. This way, they don't have to come up with a progressively better set of rewards like they struggle to do with the daily login rewards.
    I would agree with you except for this particular comment.....
    LakeStone wrote:
    What are the benefits of being a VIP?
    Just for signing up, you will get a Legendary Token.
    Just for signing up. Not "just for purchasing". Typically "signing up" is a one-time occurrence.
  • Arsael
    Arsael Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    any changes that you have been doing lately since you went from 3 * to 4 * was a net deterioration.
    The strong will become stronger and stronger, the weak weaker and weaker.
    Absolutely super frustrating.
    Who could have a complete hulkbuster before deleting the option of buying the covers became super strong

Now the VIp to extort more money.
    I will leave this game very soon as they did many others.

The end of this game is close or not?
  • cybercloud03
    cybercloud03 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    JVReal wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:

Cthulhu wrote:

I would agree with you except for this particular comment.....
    LakeStone wrote:
    What are the benefits of being a VIP?
    Just for signing up, you will get a Legendary Token.
    Just for signing up. Not "just for purchasing". Typically "signing up" is a one-time occurrence.

Completely agree with Peter. They say you get a token just for signing up. Signing up and repurchasing the VIP package are two different things.
    It's like, you create a Battle.net account. You pay for 1 month of Wow. When your month runs out, you have the option of buying another month. But you don't have to sign up to battle.net again.

And the same people complaining about this being so simple are the same people who are going to complain when you pay for month 2 and don't get the sign up token.
    Clearly, the wording here is vague enough that some official clarification is required.