What is VIP? *Updated (6/16/16)

191011121315»

Comments

• Meander wrote:
    Jeez, what does he think he funded the game for a year on his own? Watch out, he may threaten to take his mighty $10 elsewhere next.

I believe that I understand why my initial message was interpreted in a malicious tone. The reality is that I feel no emotions toward this topic whatsoever, or any other topic I've seen discussed in this venue. Perhaps the alluded entitlement or disgust - which you read into my communication and that you found so repulsive - has its merits. I've spent nearly five figures on microtransactions with this publisher, and have every intent to continue to further this figure. I've always been glad that I received hero points and ISO instantaneously. The fact remains that after 38 hours now, I have not received any rewards from purchasing the VIP package. If you went to your local gas station every day to buy a pack of cigarettes, and one day they took your money but kept the cigarettes, would you smile and walk out the door? I've been cheated of both more and less, and the moment you accept being cheated by a conglomerate with several hundred million in liquid assets is the same moment that this capitalistic system is officially devoid of morality.

Linkster79 and ZeiramMR both posses a degree of insight that I find commendable. Thank you to these two upstanding members of the community for sharing their wisdom. Thumbs up for the helpful posts!
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    Maybe dial back the rage a little bit, too. The FAQ has instructions for how to contact the company if you have an issue. It doesn't tell you to come post about your purchase problems on the community forums.
    Angry tone aside, warning people of the potential of problems receiving the VIP items is merited.
    "I bought VIP and didn't get my rewards. I opened a ticket with customer service and am awaiting their response."

...is warning people of potential problems with purchasing VIP. It's very different from throwing out threats both veiled and unveiled, particularly when you haven't properly notified the merchant of the issue and given them a chance to make things right. We are, by and large, all grown ups here. Act like it.
  • metallicajake01
    metallicajake01 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    I know no one cares but I quit. Day 723 , 1675 hours.

Haven't been playing much the last year but been keeping up on my DDQ to keep things moving, see if things change that pique my interest, or if I just get more interested.

The 3-4* transition is just short of impossible without dumping considerable funding into this game, especially since you can't buy covers anymore. It's too long, my interest has been gone, and now I'm gone.

Atleast I learned a valuable lesson, don't get involved in endless grindcore ****. It feeds on and takes advantage of addictive personality. It doesn't matter if you like the franchise, it doesn't matter if you like the gameplay, its only intention is to drag things out for eternity and take more of your money with very little progress to show for it. This VIP feature is just a slap in the face that does nothing but accentuate this.

I didn't want to quit because I think I somehow felt that I would have to be ashamed of my time and money spent if I did (probably around $400). I was wrong, don't fall into the same trap. I spent the money because I could afford it & was having fun, not because I was making a life time investment. I realize how wrong I was now.

Enjoy!
  • VASH1456
    VASH1456 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Do we get a Lt token for renewing the VIP every 39 days? Or is the Lt token at the beginning just for signing up the first time? I hope we get one each time we renew cause them and the HP are the only reason I got the VIP in the first place. I can earn the amount of iso they give throughout the 28 days of VIP in 1 maybe 1 1/2 days of grinding.
  • VASH1456
    VASH1456 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    It was suppose to say every 28 days.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    The extra LT has been answered a few times. Although answered so often and speculated upon a load before that it has blurred into madness and misinformation :p

VIP is not a subscription service, it's a stand alone 28 day package. Purchasing the package gives you a bonus LT, a Day 0 bonus, each time you purchase this 28 day package icon_e_smile.gif