What is VIP? *Updated (6/16/16)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
VIP will start on June 20th (Once R103 goes live)

What is VIP?
VIPs get 28 days of exclusive benefits. The benefits include faster recovery time and 28 days of bonus rewards.

How do I become a VIP?
In the top right hand corner and below you current Iso-8, Hero Points and Command Points is a button to take you to the VIP screen. Once there, there’s a button at the bottom upgrade to a VIP.

How much does does it cost to upgrade to a VIP?
$9.99 (or region equivalent) for 28 days.

What are the benefits of being a VIP?
Just for signing up, you will get a Legendary Token. While you are a VIP, your characters will recover 25% faster. Finally, each day you are VIP you will receive a bonus reward for logging in that day.

Does the faster recovery time affect both downed and injured characters?
Yes! The bonus will apply to both downed and injured recovery times.

What kind of bonus rewards can I get?
Each day you will get an item from a predetermined list. You can see this list in game by tapping the VIP button. Items that you can get include Legendary Tokens, Heroic Tokens, Command Points Hero Points and Iso-8.

What happens if I don’t log in one day?
You will not lose a reward if you miss a day. Once you log in and claim that day’s reward, the next day will continue normally.

What happens when my VIP status expires?
The day after your VIP Status expires, you will be given the option to renew and become a VIP again. Once you renew, you gain all the benefits of being a VIP and the 28 bonus rewards starts all over.

Source: https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/mar ... hat-is-vip

VIP Rewards List:
Day 00: Legendary Token
Day 01: 1000 Iso
Day 02: 100 Hero Points
Day 03: Heroic Token
Day 04: 3 Command Points
Day 05: 1000 Iso
Day 06: 100 Hero Points
Day 07: Heroic Token
Day 08: 1000 Iso
Day 09: 500 Iso
Day 10: 100 Hero Points
Day 11: 500 Iso
Day 12: 3 Command Points
Day 13: Legendary Token
Day 14: 100 Hero Points
Day 15: Heroic Token
Day 16: 1000 Iso
Day 17: 500 Iso
Day 18: 100 Hero Points
Day 19: Heroic Token
Day 20: 3 Command Points
Day 21: 1000 Iso
Day 22: 100 Hero Points
Day 23: Heroic Token
Day 24: 1000 Iso
Day 25: 1000 Iso
Day 26: 100 Hero Points
Day 27: Heroic Token
Day 28: 1500 Iso

Comments

• Punatulkku
    Punatulkku Posts: 228
    Sorry not worth it. You should fix the rewards by this way : when you reach 365 days game time, your loot table goes up a lvl and you get automatically better loot. Same on 700 days etc. Atm youre just squeezing money out of players and it doesnt work.

Happy customers pay more easily, as you can see from forums, there are quite many uncontent people atm..

Also vip would be good if it would give roster slot, which it doesnt give. So vip is atm joke and i dont see this taking wind beneath its wings
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    What happens if I don’t log in one day?
    You will not lose a reward if you miss a day. Once you log in and claim that day’s reward, the next day will continue normally.

The screen shot in the link says "play 28 days to win," which obviously implies you have to play every day to get every reward. This answer sort of implies the same thing.

Also, can we just have a list of the 28 days here?
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I want covers, not tokens. Tokens can lead to pointless characters I dont need. I'll be passing on this.
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Punatulkku wrote:
    Sorry not worth it. You should fix the rewards by this way : when you reach 365 days game time, your loot table goes up a lvl and you get automatically better loot. Same on 700 days etc. Atm youre just squeezing money out of players and it doesnt work.

Happy customers pay more easily, as you can see from forums, there are quite many uncontent people atm..

Also vip would be good if it would give roster slot, which it doesnt give. So vip is atm joke and i dont see this taking wind beneath its wings

But they did push out surveys and enough people responded indicating that they would purchase it to make D3 see it as profitable to move forward with it. Would love me some more roster slots though.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry, not subscribing to a mobile game.
    And 25% faster regen... a 4 hour ko/regen time becoming a 3 hour ko/regen time isn't a meaningful reduction
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can we get a complete list of the rewards by day? Will the rewards change from month to month?
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    To be honest I'll probably give it a try for a month, but I'm already feeling like I'm gonna regret it.

Give me a whole month of double ISO though for ten bucks and I'm so game.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, the service costs 35.6 US cents a day, which means that if it provides 1000 iso a day, you can buy a 4* level for a dollar (but paid out in installments over 3 days).

I'm getting dizzy from my eyes rolling so much.

icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Considering the folks who spend $100 to get 140 CP (7 token pulls), $10 for at least one (and it sounds like more) legendary token is an absolute value and no-Brainer.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,727 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am unclear on the 28 day part. Is it that you get 28 days of benefits, one per day of login? So if you, say, logged in for 7 days, then didn't for 7 days, the next day you log in, you get 1 reward? The the remainder of rewards for the next 20 days? Or would you get the rewards you didn't collect in one chunk of 7?
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Wobby wrote:
    Considering the folks who spend $100 to get 140 CP (7 token pulls), $10 for at least one (and it sounds like more) legendary token is an absolute value and no-Brainer.

I agree. The big spenders will almost certainly take advantage of this. If you've already buying in bulk, it's a great deal.

Some people who aren't big spenders will probably try it, as well. Some of those people will get a Totally Awesome Hulk cover and an Invisible Woman cover from their legendary tokens, and Moonstones from their Heroic tokens. When the big rewards are RNG tokens, and the sample size is small enough to be very RNG dependent, you'll have a lot of disappointed customers.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Probably get some people in on the first month, just for the token. Being a pay day, I may be one of them. The dailies would have to be great for me to keep paying every month though, and I wonder if that will be the prevailing mentality.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Punatulkku wrote:

A better way of giving people higher rewards would be based upon things like amount of levels or unique characters on your roster rather than the overly simplistic days played, they should be looking at ways to incentivise long term players and paying players as well.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wait, you get an LT the first time you sign up for VIP? Or every time you renew? (I'm guessing it's probably just the first time.)

Does it keep taking money from you? Or you get the option of manually paying if you want to renew?

When VIP ends, do you lose everything?
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    lets be frank, leg tokens suck once your roster is at a point where 60% plus is a straight scrap or a champ level and even when you manage something not one of those its 75% for a completely irrelevant character. iso and progression by rng are the two biggest issues in the game. $9.99, heres your iw yellow.

well i guess thats 1000 iso anyway. brilliant on there part to try and find a revenue stream for a game completely out of original ideas other than "look look another new 4* character."
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Characters regenerating 25% faster is not necessary, make health packs regenerate faster, then you have something
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    This isn't really close to the survey. No thanks.
  • Varg138
    Varg138 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Punatulkku wrote:

I'm on Day 966...you know what I got the other day in my resupply? A tinykitty standard token.

No way I'm paying for this when they show no appreciation for long time players in the daily rewards
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    For reference, the values in last month's survey:
    Who's seen the in game survey about a possible new bundle for purchase?

$9.99 gets you

700 heropointsbig.png
    10000 iso8big.png
    2 token_legendary.png
    4 token_heroic.png
    9 commandpointsbig.png

We don't yet have hard numbers on the rewards they're implementing. If they're close to what was in the survey, I would have to say I'll skip it. I'm hoarding command points right now because I have a few 4*s to champ, and don't want to waste covers. My biggest current need is iso, and 10000 iso over 28 days is only 357/day extra. Even converting the the tokens to their nominal iso value only brings that to 13000 or 464/day.
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Wait, you get an LT the first time you sign up for VIP? Or every time you renew? (I'm guessing it's probably just the first time.)

Does it keep taking money from you? Or you get the option of manually paying if you want to renew?

This is clearly answered above.
    LakeStone wrote:
    What happens when my VIP status expires?
    The day after your VIP Status expires, you will be given the option to renew and become a VIP again. Once you renew, you gain all the benefits of being a VIP and the 28 bonus rewards starts all over.
    mpqr7 wrote:
    When VIP ends, do you lose everything?

Are you asking if they would take back the iso, covers, HP, and CP that you paid for and received? I don't follow the point of this question.