What is VIP? *Updated (6/16/16)

Comments

• jdoe893
    jdoe893 Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    be a vip and one of the perks is getting a heroic token?its not worthy
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, it's $10 for three thirteenths of a character, selected at random, so Cho, Baglady, and their ilk are distinct possibilities. Plus, not enough ISO to fully level a 2* character. Yeah, what a bargain. icon_rolleyes.gif

I know some of the die hard are gushing about how great of a deal this is compared to what we have now.. But what we have now is utter garbage. This, while arguably an improvement, is still ****. It's sort of like saying paying $100 for a candy bar is better than paying $1000. Sure, technically better, but it still ain't good.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    It a pity that the rewards weren't updated a little better.

I'd prefer:
    less HP (~150-300) but a guaranteed +1 roster slot every 4 weeks, (this gives me some "pocket money" for some daily deal tokens or a shield or two)
    no ISO upfront but a guaranteed +100% ISO buff, (this give me double ISO, but I have to remain "engaged" to get it)
    no tokens but more CP (~80)

I need to talk a bit more about that last point. The rift between heroics and legendaries is huge, one gives 2* covers and the other gives 4* covers and there's really not a whole lot of overlap in the player base that needs both equally. The other issue is that tokens are a commodity and CP is a currency. I can't do anything with tokens except redeem them and hope I get lucky. With CP, I can choose where to spend it. A trio of LTs is nice, but maybe I still really want OML covers (maybe? is that guy good? I don't know?) or maybe I've decided to save up and buy the last Howard covers that I need. In any case, I'm supposed to be a VIP right? Very Important Payer. Give me the CP equivalent of those tokens and let me make my own choice.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    1 legendary everyday as a baseline. This is reasonable because as everybody stated, it's mostly Cho, IW, Starlord and other trash.
    100,000 iso8.png minimum. Also reasonable because it doesn't get you very far
    at least 1,000 imcoin.png. Very reasonable to ask for 1 roster slot at the top end. I think 2 would be better though.
    At least 25 commandpoints.png in the end. 6 is just an insult.

Overall it's a big fail.

Some have pointed out that it's a good deal just because of what $10 gets you in-app but I argue no, it's not. The in-game prices have been broken since day 1. The sales they roll out once every 4-6 months are also very very bad. Just because they set the bar very low doesn't mean that this deal is a fair shake. It's not and I'm looking forward to this game shutting down.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Get rid of the Heroics, change the LTs into CP and add 20 more for the loss of heroics. 20 CP a week, basically.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Hello,

Here are the rewards:
    0 Legendary Token
    1 1000 ISO
    2 100 HP
    3 Heroic Token
    4 3 CP
    5 1000 ISO
    6 100 HP
    7 Heroic Token
    8 1000 ISO
    9 500 ISO
    10 100 HP
    11 500 ISO
    12 3 CP
    13 Legendary Token
    14 100 HP
    15 Heroic Token
    16 1000 ISO
    17 500 ISO
    18 100 HP
    19 Heroic Token
    20 3 CP
    21 1000 ISO
    22 100 HP
    23 Heroic Token
    24 1000 ISO
    25 1000 ISO
    26 100 HP
    27 Heroic Token
    28 1500 ISO

The player does not have to login each day one after the other, you can skip a few days and move to the next day. I'm not sure the exact amount of inactive days you skip before coming back to get the next reward though.

Much more is being worked on, this was a system that finished now and will give players who want it a chance for more stuff. We can't wait to share the other things we are working on with you.

icon_greengoblin.png cthulhu icon_greengoblin.png

That's an awesome change to daily reward drop, at long last no more critical boosts and standard tokens, and a slight bump in ISO!

Oh, wait.....
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    So i'm seeing a bit of a problem here, not sure if it has been brought up but,

What happens if you miss a day of play? Says you can continue and get that reward the next day (i.e. i play on day 20, get day 20th rewards but i miss day 21, so i get day 21's reward on day 22). BUT! Do i get shortchanged? Day 28 and it expires and i only get 27 days of rewards? Or once i subscribe i will always get 28 regardless of expiry of VIP subscription?

That and the 500 iso rewards are so depressing, would it be gamebreaking to just make it 1000 across the board? It does feel like **** to get 1000 one day and 500 immediately on the next
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you are too cool to spend a whopping $10 on a mobile game then don't tinykitty buy it. For those of us with a modicum of disposable income this is a great deal. People are already spending a lot more to get a lot less on a regular basis, this is a great intro-level all-around package for the player that doesn't have $100 to blow on 7 LT pulls. If you are still too cheap to commit at this most basic level then don't. No one cares, get over yourself.

Oh no! People don't like something you like, so you need to belittle them on the Internet and try to shame them into liking it!!!

I don't think we're the ones that need to get over themselves.

Honestly, all I see is an improved daily supply we're being asked to pay ten bucks for less than a month of days. They could have made these changes in the DS and came up with a package that would actually be worthy of being called Vip.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    There is no where near enough development put into the game outside of new character to justify paying $10 a month to support this.

Not to mention the stuff we get out of it fixes exactly 0 current economy problems. 23k ISO a month? I need roughly 300k ISO for *each* 4* I want to champ.

Surely the idea of subscribing to something is to get something exclusive. To get something as a reward for being a patron of a product. You don't really get anything from this except maybe a leg up on recovery time. I had one thought of what could be done but I don't want to say it because if it's actually implimented that would make things even worse and REALLY make this game feel pay-to-win.
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    HxiiiK wrote:
    So i'm seeing a bit of a problem here, not sure if it has been brought up but,

What happens if you miss a day of play? Says you can continue and get that reward the next day (i.e. i play on day 20, get day 20th rewards but i miss day 21, so i get day 21's reward on day 22). BUT! Do i get shortchanged? Day 28 and it expires and i only get 27 days of rewards? Or once i subscribe i will always get 28 regardless of expiry of VIP subscription?

That and the 500 iso rewards are so depressing, would it be gamebreaking to just make it 1000 across the board? It does feel like **** to get 1000 one day and 500 immediately on the next

I think we figured out that, like daily resupply, it's playing days, not calendar days. You can play for three days, quit for two months, come back and have the remaining twenty-five days.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you are too cool to spend a whopping $10 on a mobile game then don't tinykitty buy it. For those of us with a modicum of disposable income this is a great deal. People are already spending a lot more to get a lot less on a regular basis, this is a great intro-level all-around package for the player that doesn't have $100 to blow on 7 LT pulls. If you are still too cheap to commit at this most basic level then don't. No one cares, get over yourself.

I very frequently agree with you peter, but I think this comment is off base.

If you like VIP, then great! Enjoy. But I think it is perfectly reasonable to adopt the opposite viewpoint.

I have argued for more than a year that the monetization in this game is too aggressive. I think that demiurge wildly overvalues their digital goods. The fact that VIP pricing is better than standard pricing does not mean that VIP pricing is a 'good' value. I think demiurge has still set prices too high.

We can agree to disagree. No flames/salt necessary! icon_e_smile.gif
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    People who think this is a good deal are suffering from some sort of messed up digital Stockholm Syndrome.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not to mention the stuff we get out of it fixes exactly 0 current economy problems. 23k ISO a month? I need roughly 300k ISO for *each* 4* I want to champ.

Look again, that was a mistake. It'll be only 10k total Iso.
  • Vhailorx
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Hello,

Here are the rewards:
    0 Legendary Token
    1 1000 ISO
    2 100 HP
    3 Heroic Token
    4 3 CP
    5 1000 ISO
    6 100 HP
    7 Heroic Token
    8 1000 ISO
    9 500 ISO
    10 100 HP
    11 500 ISO
    12 3 CP
    13 Legendary Token
    14 100 HP
    15 Heroic Token
    16 1000 ISO
    17 500 ISO
    18 100 HP
    19 Heroic Token
    20 3 CP
    21 1000 ISO
    22 100 HP
    23 Heroic Token
    24 1000 ISO
    25 1000 ISO
    26 100 HP
    27 Heroic Token
    28 1500 ISO

The player does not have to login each day one after the other, you can skip a few days and move to the next day. I'm not sure the exact amount of inactive days you skip before coming back to get the next reward though.

Much more is being worked on, this was a system that finished now and will give players who want it a chance for more stuff. We can't wait to share the other things we are working on with you.

icon_greengoblin.png cthulhu icon_greengoblin.png

Thanks for the info Cthulhu! Feedback is always appreciated.

Doesn't sound like VIP is a good for me (i need more iso, less of everything else. Multiple VIP packages that let players select their preferred resources would be more tempting. Maybe $10 a month for 112k iso OR 28 cp? Much like underwhelming powers like 5*cap yellow, a little bit of everything is much less interesting than a meaningful amount of whatever I actually need!).

Look forward to hearing about more new systems in the pipeline.
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    I think it would be neat if all the rewards were upfront and it was a once per month deal.

But otherwise, I would like to see an increase in the Iso amount and maybe the CP as well.
  • Vhailorx
    DayvBang wrote:
    Sure, I'd like more, but compared to any other purchase in the game, this is a huge bargain. Would you buy it if you got the whole package at once? Unless you're religiously free-to-play, you probably would.

Nope, i definitely would not regularly pay $10 for these rewards even if I got them all up front. That prices adds up very quickly and even if I bought 10 packs all at once, I still wouldn't have enough iso to level a 4* or enough covers to guarantee real improvement my transition (25ish 4* covers is nice, but with 30+ 4*s and random distribution, I am unlikely to get what I need).

"Relative bargain" != good value.
  • kmaroz
    kmaroz Posts: 7
    It's a good deal for me.
    Most of people complaining here are actually "senior player" but if you are on the starter position, you might feel different.
    It will be a great help for new users. Just think about it on a bigger view.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    The main thing people need to buy HP for is for roster slots. VIP doesn't even give 1 slot worth. Therefore, to keep up with the way, way too aggressive character release schedule (2 per month?!), you would have to be buying HP packs in addition to VIP. Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't make me feel very important.

CP-wise, it's not terrible, unless you go to buyer's clubs, in which case both the HP and the CP become very inadequate. Overall efficiency-wise... it's a good deal if you're the type to dump $5, $10, $20 infrequently. If you've ever been in a Stark buyer's club before, VIP is a waste of time and money.
  • SpecOps
    SpecOps Posts: 31
    I'm totally indifferent about this new system, after seeing the VIP rewards list. However I really liked some of the player's ideas changes to the rewards, such as: increased HP regen or just more HPs, replace the LG tokens for CPs, maybe seniority VIP discount (maybe after 365 days). D3 is a business just like any other, with company goals; increasing revenue or player interaction, etc. While players seek play for their own reasons; entertainment or enjoyment, etc. The two parties can come to a compromise, if they can come to understand each other's standpoints, needs, and are willing to make concessions. I guess that I'll add to the list of rewards/dreams, that will never become apart of the game; Change the heroic tokens to guaranteed 3 star or higher (4 stars) characters, secondly offer 1 free 3 hr shield or one half priced 8hr shield per PVP event or maybe 2 set of 5 3hr and 8hr shields (to be spent at any time during the 28 day period, or will expire after the period, in-order to prevent stockpiling them). Lastly an 25% discount rate on roster slots, depending on their individual status (mine are at the max, 1k per slot).
  • Vhailorx
    kmaroz wrote:
    It's a good deal for me.
    Most of people complaining here are actually "senior player" but if you are on the starter position, you might feel different.
    It will be a great help for new users. Just think about it on a bigger view.

Isn't that equally true for you as well? I don't object to features that are good for newer players and bad or neutral for the elder game. But it's also valid to note the fact that many problems with the elder game have been apparent for more than 12 months and demiurge has done little to nothing to address them (rng-only progression, underavailability of fixed 4* cover rewards, iso, iso, iso, ISO). And the VIP rewards do very little to address those long-standing problems.