What is VIP? *Updated (6/16/16)

Comments

• madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    I would also like to see some sort of loyalty aspect to this plan meaning, the longer you subscribe consecutively, the better the plan is.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Devs, before the 15k ISO typo was corrected, a lot of people were seriously considering this; now, no one gives a ****. Take that as yet another hint as to what people REALLY want out of something like this (as if years of ISO-complaining posts weren't already enough to clue you guys in)
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2016
    People who think this is a good deal are suffering from some sort of messed up digital Stockholm Syndrome.

Depends on your perspective.

If you're deciding between $5 to spend on 600hp or $10 to spend on this, sure feels like this makes a lot more sense. Marginally more HP but the other stuff is worth the $5 gap. Way back when I was just starting and finally broke the seal to buy HP to get a couple roster slots, I wish this was an option.

If you drop thousands on the game, another $10 for 9CP is well worth it.

If you're F2P or in that "spend $20/50/100 to replenish HP once a year", this feels like a waste of time.

So I can see the appeal in some places, but for me there's little reason for it.

Edit

Talking it through with the alliance, I might even be wrong about the $100/yr players.

For $100 you get 7000 HP, 100k ISO, 20 LTs, 90CP, 60 Heroics (ROI of 20k iso if all sold)

Compared to buying a Stark (during a sale) for 26k HP, 7CP.

So really a question of whether you'd spend 19k HP for all that other stuff. I don't think I would but I'd listen to the argument.
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    For those of us with a modicum of disposable income this is a great deal. People are already spending a lot more to get a lot less on a regular basis, this is a great intro-level all-around package for the player that doesn't have $100 to blow on 7 LT pulls.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    For those of us with a modicum of disposable income this is a great deal. People are already spending a lot more to get a lot less on a regular basis, this is a great intro-level all-around package for the player that doesn't have $100 to blow on 7 LT pulls.

I am confused... Peter, didn't you write this exact comment, or something very similar, a few pages back? I only ask because I am looking for you to elaborate, you are usually very eloquent and have some great ideas, I want to know more from you here.

first, if you spend $100, you get 7 CP, not 7 LT pulls. I assume you must be further ahead in the game than I am, and I believe this package won't truly help me out as much as hoped. Sure, 10 bucks isn't a huge amount of money, and this package isn't a screw-job compared to the other packages offered in the shop... but does that make it worth my money? I say no, only because I don't think the other packages are worth my money either. I liked an idea from earlier that said a VIP could get discounts on a few things. Maybe a free shield in PVP or discounts on roster slots, something like that would be well worth any extra money. Heck, if they said "every time you buy a VIP package, the rewards get better than the last time", meaning you progress to better rewards, as a reward for return business. I just don't think the cookie-cutter idea of a VIP package works, because the returns do not work for every player so it needs to be tweaked a little.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    What about making it so VIP people also give their alliances more daily HP? (200 instead of 100, for example)
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is like a sad club with a sad little portion that's the same as the rest of the club, but with a velvet rope around it that says "VIP"... no separate bar or bathrooms, no private deck or separate room, no hotties... basically just a different section of the same club that everyone else is in.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crnch73 wrote:
    first, if you spend $100, you get 7 CP, not 7 LT pulls.
    He's talking about buy clubs, where you get 140 CP instead of 7.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    How about a Level Up button for VIPs!!!!

Also, MORE CONTENT.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards

Depends on your perspective.

If you're deciding between $5 to spend on 600hp or $10 to spend on this, sure feels like this makes a lot more sense.
    Except the guy who's only going to spend $5 is doing it because he needs the hero points NOW, not spread out through the month
  • I DO NOT want to need to subscribe to this game to get an ISO flow that feels like it meets the demands we have. The double ISO week STILL felt under the demand I have, so having them say "Pay up if you want to catch up" makes me feel ill.

Exactly. I understand how freemium games work, and I don't mind giving money to support the developer. I try to support all the games I play. But this just seems a bit unbalanced.
  • fmftint
    There are 3 things that would get me to buy this indefinitely

1. An iso earned multiplier, let me earn 1.25-1.5x iso
    2. Reduce health pack regen timer. I've never waited for a hero to naturally regen, if OML or pvp feature is down, I'm using a health pack, period.
    3. A Legendary Token streak breaker. My worst streak was 54 tokens, a recent one was 33, 10x without a 5☆ = guaranteed draw
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu wrote:

Much more is being worked on, this was a system that finished now and will give players who want it a chance for more stuff. We can't wait to share the other things we are working on with you.

icon_greengoblin.png cthulhu icon_greengoblin.png

This seems to need to be highlighted more, this is only what appears to be the first iteration.

Sounds like they have lots more planned for this feature.
  • __Adam
    __Adam Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Malcrof wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:

Much more is being worked on, this was a system that finished now and will give players who want it a chance for more stuff. We can't wait to share the other things we are working on with you.

This seems to need to be highlighted more, this is only what appears to be the first iteration.

That's not how it reads to me. He's stating they are working on multiple 'systems', one of which is VIP. Since the VIP system was ready ('finished now') they rolled it out; the other systems will roll out when they are ready.

I'm sure they will iterate on it in response to feedback but it seems they have other (premium?) changes coming that are unrelated to VIP.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    3. A Legendary Token streak breaker. My worst streak was 54 tokens, a recent one was 33, 10x without a 5☆ = guaranteed draw

With the current 5* situation, most people would probably prefer an oml streak breaker. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • PeterGibbons316
    Crnch73 wrote:

I am confused... Peter, didn't you write this exact comment, or something very similar, a few pages back? I only ask because I am looking for you to elaborate, you are usually very eloquent and have some great ideas, I want to know more from you here.

first, if you spend $100, you get 7 CP, not 7 LT pulls. I assume you must be further ahead in the game than I am, and I believe this package won't truly help me out as much as hoped. Sure, 10 bucks isn't a huge amount of money, and this package isn't a screw-job compared to the other packages offered in the shop... but does that make it worth my money? I say no, only because I don't think the other packages are worth my money either. I liked an idea from earlier that said a VIP could get discounts on a few things. Maybe a free shield in PVP or discounts on roster slots, something like that would be well worth any extra money. Heck, if they said "every time you buy a VIP package, the rewards get better than the last time", meaning you progress to better rewards, as a reward for return business. I just don't think the cookie-cutter idea of a VIP package works, because the returns do not work for every player so it needs to be tweaked a little.
    I said something mean in my previous comment and it was removed (rightfully so), so I reposted a more civil one.

Bowgentle is correct in that you can join a buy club where 20 guys meet up in an alliance and each spend $100 resulting in everyone getting 140 CP or 7 classic LTs.

The decision to buy is yours and yours alone. Your opinion on whether or not this is a valuable use of your own money is based on your own unique situation and not universally agreed on by everyone. I say it's a "good deal" because it is objectively better in terms of $/ISO and $/LT (the two biggest limiting factors to progression in this game) than anything currently offered. If you were on the fence over spending on this game this is a great place to get started.

$10 every 28 days is 35¢/day. Ever put 50¢ in an arcade game and play for less than 5 minutes? How much time do you spend playing MPQ every day? Or think of it another way - how long would you have to play to earn those rewards? 10k ISO is easy - you get it in an hour of play probably. 9 CP will take you at least a full event if you can hit max progression, if you are just getting CP rewards from PvE nodes that's 5 days of play. 700 HP takes a couple events probably depending on yours and your alliance's placements, and the LTs require championing, or a lucky pull, or 2 DDQ4 battles that you can actually win. So that's the commitment to earn these rewards independently, and for an extra $10 you can get them all handed to you over 28 days. Maybe that's not a good use of your money. Maybe your time isn't worth that much. Maybe it's just hard to justify paying for something that you can just wait and earn over time. Those are all valid reasons not to buy. Claiming this package isn't a good deal though is I think ridiculous.
  • PeterGibbons316
    fmftint wrote:
    2. Reduce health pack regen timer. I've never waited for a hero to naturally regen, if OML or pvp feature is down, I'm using a health pack, period.
    It doesn't make sense to wait hours for a hero to regen when you can use a healthpack that will regen in 36 minutes.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2016
    Another VIP option could be that you get full value of an underleveled toon for the amount of covers you have in them if you decide to sell. For instance I have a 13 covered 2 star bullseye, that I can only get 450 for if I sell. Instead I would get 3150 iso for the value of all the covers put into that character.

And is it for sure two LTS or just that extra one for signing up the first time?
  • fmftint
    edited June 2016
    fmftint wrote:
    It doesn't make sense to wait hours for a hero to regen when you can use a healthpack that will regen in 36 minutes.
    I just suicided my 390 OML, 5 hours 7 mins to recover from 4k health, another 1 hour 15 mins KO time, 6.5 hours total. -25% is still 5 hours recovery.
    If I wait out the KO only and let him in match heal, that's still 56 minutes wait time

Hero recovery is a non issue
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2016
    Malcrof wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:

Why do you think the things being worked on have to do with this feature. They basically said it was shipped because it was done and they wanted people to see something new. I wouldn't expect any updates for a while based on that.