Day 21: 1000 Iso
    Day 22: 100 Hero Points
    Day 23: Heroic Token
    Day 24: 1000 Iso
    Day 25: 1000 Iso
    Day 26: 100 Hero Points
    Day 27: Heroic Token
    Day 28: 1500 Iso

I'm bitterly disappointed with the amount of Heroic Tokens littered throughout the VIP package.
    For the the majority of us we will pull 2* covers.
    Please consider removing the heroic tokens for something else.
    I don't care what , Anything but the tinykitty heroic tokens.

healthpack.png Peace out healthpack.png

Not that any other token is any better. It may just be my bad luck, but I think they raised the draw rates for 2 stars across the board.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Personally this is a good place to start. For $10 it gives a good boost to players in the 3* to 4* transition.

The only changes I would suggest increasing CP from 9 to 15 and the hero points total from 700 to 1,000 (option to buy a roster slot).

How about throwing us a CP for the alliance for each VIP purchase?

I'll be signing up.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    I applaud the prescience of the mods to remove the thumbs down button on forum posts years in advance of this thread.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I wasn't clear in my previous tl;dr post, I fully support this program, but not at all with the current scale of rewards. Y'all are guaranteed my money if you even take a second to respect its value. As-is, you get a definitive no.
  • Xidex
    Xidex Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Absolutely agreed with general opinion: this VIP status is ****. It don't give me what I need: a LOT of ISO, roster development in direction I need, more healthpacks.
    I don't want additional 10000 ISO in a month. I can get them in a day. Maybe 100000?
    I don't want 3* tokens. I can get them in some days and most likely I don't need their content. Get rid of them?
    CP's are good. But not 6 - maybe 240?
    HP's are good. But not 700 - maybe 2000?
    LT's are good. Maybe you should give possibility of color selection for 4-5* covers?

In the current status this VIP absolutely useless.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    I feel like there is a severe disconnect between the perceived monetary worth of the digital goods here and the value a lot of us place on said goods. You couldn't get me to cough up 10 cents for a Cho cover, and with the risk that a Legendary token will provide just that, I am probably going to pass. I have Google Opinion rewards cash I could spend right now, but I'm thoroughly undecided.

One thing I haven't seen addressed or even asked unless I missed it - are the VIP rewards in addition to the regular daily rewards, or do the daily rewards get paused or overridden by VIP rewards?

My initial impression about "What is VIP?" VIP status rhymes vaguely with larbage.
  • this seems needlessly complicated. i mean, with marvel future fight there's two packages like this: 1 that's just premium currency and another that's the cover equivalent. in other words, their packages do one thing.

this one however does like 5, and the list makes it hard to tell how much i would get of each anyway. i don't see why this isn't just HP, plus maybe a token_legendary.png at the beginning.
  • __Adam
    __Adam Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    What's funny is this is disproportionately generous with covers vs iso. It actually makes the iso problem WORSE for the VIP.

I don't think that's an accident. This is the whole "give them the razor and sell them the blades" strategy.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    when they polled us if this was something we'd be interested in, they definitely made it sound as though it'd be a one time, at the point of purchase 'shot in the arm' package. not a - here have a little something extra every day type thing. the former, i'd definitely be interested in, and would purchase from time to time. the latter, not so much.
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    this seems needlessly complicated. i mean, with marvel future fight there's two packages like this: 1 that's just premium currency and another that's the cover equivalent. in other words, their packages do one thing.

this one however does like 5, and the list makes it hard to tell how much i would get of each anyway. i don't see why this isn't just HP, plus maybe a token_legendary.png at the beginning.
    Because they already have that. You buy enough HP for a 40-pack and you get a LT. And it's really expensive.

This gives you just a bit of everything - it's an all-around intro package for people that don't agree that $100 is a micro-transaction.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd wrote:
    when they polled us if this was something we'd be interested in, they definitely made it sound as though it'd be a one time, at the point of purchase 'shot in the arm' package. not a - here have a little something extra every day type thing. the former, i'd definitely be interested in, and would purchase from time to time. the latter, not so much.
    They definitely said the rewards would be earned over the course of the month. I raised this point when we were all talking about the survey.
    Smudge wrote:
    One thing I haven't seen addressed or even asked unless I missed it - are the VIP rewards in addition to the regular daily rewards, or do the daily rewards get paused or overridden by VIP rewards?
    The rewards are in addition to the daily resupply.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    This gives you just a bit of everything - it's an all-around intro package for people that don't agree that $100 is a micro-transaction.

Amen, brother.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    As I read through the reactions in this now 10-page topic I can't help but think of the Battlestar Galactica quote from the Sacred Scrolls: "All of this has happened before, and will happen again." The forum had the exact same reaction to this potential purchase, back when Demiurge ran a poll last month calling it "The Avengers Battle Kit." Aside from having 6 heroic tokens instead of 4 heroics, the rewards are the same along with the timing (the poll stated "throughout the month, you'll collect these rewards"). The price wasn't determined yet (the poll randomly asked people if they would pay $9.99 or $14.99) but everything else was the same.

The 7-page thread titled "Avengers' Battle Kit (possible new purchase) - now w/ Poll!" looks a whole lot like this one, with outspoken, longtime vets saying this is a ridiculous purchase and they won't spend money on it (nor can they imagine anyone would). But as I talked about in my lengthy post on that thread, this is a great deal for casual players, who I estimate make up about 98% of the player base.

This is not a deal meant for hardcore players (although there are likely some who will take it on, I don't believe they're the intended audience). Hardcore players already have a steady flow of legendary tokens and CP coming in, from daily SHIELD resupply, PVP & PVE progression & placement, and PVE CP node rewards. I'd say quite a few forumites earn a legendary (or CP equivalent) every two days, on average. With all that playing, they're earning more than 10,000 ISO a day. So a "VIP" package that gives them less LTs, CP, ISO and HP than they already earn for free isn't appealing.

Try to look at it from the casual player's point of view, though. You either don't have or want to put in the time to be regularly earning LTs and CP, but you want to continue to progress your roster. Suddenly $10 for two legendaries and 9 CP over 28 days sounds like a good deal. If you're not hitting 1000 in PVP regularly or finishing in the top 10 for PVE or Top 2 for PVP, legendary tokens are the only way you have to get more 4* and 5* covers. And casual players are generally not hitting 1000. And they're definitely not placing in the Top 10 or Top 2.

I think the expectation many have for this seems to stem from it being called "VIP." Stax the Foyer put it best in his reply:
    Everyone's assuming V.I.P. stands for "Very Important Player/Person," and expecting rewards that correspond to that status.

If you think of it as standing for "Very Infrequent Purchaser," it might make a whole lot more sense.
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Since everyone else is throwing in their two cents I might as well also. This won't be a flame post like a bunch of others. People have to remember what Cthulhu said, "This is the rewards as of this week, I can't say they will stay this way forever." You don't know if after the first month or a few months they might tweak this. Would I like to see a few things changed sure:

The 500 iso days bumped up to 1k
    The 1500 iso day bumped up to 2k
    ADD 1 free roster spot to the reward pool

The biggest one is to change the 2 LTs to be 25 cps. Let the players decide which Legendary token pack they want to buy. This also helps out a new player that might buy this as well. They shouldn't be using the tokens because it will mess up their scaling big time. If they were to get cps instead, then they could by a specific 3* cover for 20cps that would actually help them out rather then hurt them. Imagine a new player signs up for this and bam! pulls a 5* and the rest of his roster is all 1 and 2*s. How long before this new player gets frustrated with the game and quits because he can never beat any mobs because of scaling?

I do think the package has good value compared to what they have, even though what's available now is overvalued. And let's not forget that Cthulhu also said, "Much more is being worked on, this was a system that finished now and will give players who want it a chance for more stuff. We can't wait to share the other things we are working on with you."

Just my thoughts on this subject.
  • Nymr83
    Nymr83 Posts: 74
    iso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngI need ISO. LOTS of ISO. Unless VIP can address this, I'm not interested. iso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.png
  • Razamataz
    Razamataz Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Phaentom wrote:
    Since everyone else is throwing in their two cents I might as well also. This won't be a flame post like a bunch of others. People have to remember what Cthulhu said, "This is the rewards as of this week, I can't say they will stay this way forever." You don't know if after the first month or a few months they might tweak this.

knowing what the developers thnk of the playerbase, yeh they will tweak after few weeks the prizes will be a lot less icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Instead of a Legendary Token for becoming a VIP, how about 25 CP so players can choose which pack they want to buy?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    --Adam wrote:
    What's funny is this is disproportionately generous with covers vs iso. It actually makes the iso problem WORSE for the VIP.

I don't think that's an accident. This is the whole "give them the razor and sell them the blades" strategy.
    I think you mean "sell them a razor and gouge them on the blades"
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Razamataz wrote:
    Phaentom wrote:
    Since everyone else is throwing in their two cents I might as well also. This won't be a flame post like a bunch of others. People have to remember what Cthulhu said, "This is the rewards as of this week, I can't say they will stay this way forever." You don't know if after the first month or a few months they might tweak this.

knowing what the developers thnk of the playerbase, yeh they will tweak after few weeks the prizes will be a lot less icon_e_biggrin.gif

Nah they have a great history of tweaking rewards based on player feedback. Now excuse me while I return to grinding PVE for those glorious crit boosts and 70 iso drops. SO GOOD.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    cyineedsn wrote:
    Razamataz wrote:
    Phaentom wrote:

Nah they have a great history of tweaking rewards based on player feedback. Now excuse me while I return to grinding PVE for those glorious crit boosts and 70 iso drops. SO GOOD.

They did get rid of 20 iso (after 2 years)