What is VIP? *Updated (6/16/16)

Comments

• The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Arsael wrote:
    any changes that you have been doing lately since you went from 3 * to 4 * was a net deterioration.
    The strong will become stronger and stronger, the weak weaker and weaker.
    Absolutely super frustrating.
    Who could have a complete hulkbuster before deleting the option of buying the covers became super strong

Now the VIp to extort more money.
    I will leave this game very soon as they did many others.

The end of this game is close or not?

I don't see it as a dying game (something amother thread has thoroughly laughed at, this is far from the first time people have proclaimed the end of the game).

While I'm not even a year in, I see this as a changing game.

I'm getting a steady stream of random 4* and 5* covers that seem an obvious ploy to shove me into expanding my roster to where it needs to be.

Let's say I want Hulkbuster covers, I need to Champion Batteryman to do it.

Want regular Batteryman covers to do that? Then I need to farm Hawkeye Champion levels.

While over a slow time frame, provided you collect everything except for 1* characters you'll end up with more random covers along with more Champion specific colours.

The tools are there. The variable difficulty is theoritically going to make the game playable while this is going on.

This VIP drop specifically just seems an optional booster to marginally help players while gaining revenue, without blowing up the framework they recently put in place for progression.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    R103 is live on Steam, and so is VIP.

Here's a screenshot of the sign-up screen:
    http://imgur.com/kVLcZWn

So it does look like the LT you get for signing up is a re-occurence since faster health regeneration is also a bonus that you always get.
  • Punatulkku
    Punatulkku Posts: 228
    Vip+moonstones... Erf, those heroic tokens are ****.. 99% change of getting 2*
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    still not live on Google Play... any ETA for VIP?
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arphaxad wrote:
    Update showed up after clearing the cache for the Play Store App.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Arphaxad wrote:
    Update showed up after clearing the cache for the Play Store App.

That worked... thank you
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    "unable to complete purchase at this time".

Well done, once again.
  • rastafari7
    rastafari7 Posts: 75 Match Maker
    edited June 2016
    Why do we Europeans have to pay $12,50 for the same rewards? icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

2o3vwH7.jpg
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    9,90 €, as expected
  • BobMurdoch
    BobMurdoch Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    "Purchase Failed. Unable to complete purchase at this time. Please try again later"
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    I'm in Canada - the button says $12.99 but Google is trying to charge $13.99...
  • sadvisor
    sadvisor Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    rbdragon wrote:
    I'm in Canada - the button says $12.99 but Google is trying to charge $13.99...

Yup I got that too...
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    rastafari7 wrote:
    Why do we Europeans have to pay $12,50 for the same rewards? icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

2o3vwH7.jpg
    There must be an oil refinery somewhere that is shut down for repairs... you know how petroleum is used for everything... it isn't like digital goods grow on trees... they had to pay for the programming time they spent making a new currency... no wait... a new type of token... no wait... they had to spend time making sure that when they rolled it out it worked smoothly... no wait...
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    rastafari7 wrote:
    St1nkf1st wrote:
    9,90 €, as expected

Really? Different prices for different countries in the Eurozone for a digital product with zero added costs from logistics?
    Maybe somone should clue Demiurge and D3P in on the fact that the EU heavily frowns on messing with the principle of the Single Digital Market (SDM) across the Eurozone.

There's an an official report from an EU working group that set out to analyze current law; the loopholes therein; and how those were being exploited by commercial parties, concluding with proposals for action such as sharpening regulations and enforcement.

Yet here we are, with another company eagerly kicking the beehive.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well since us Europeans are being screwed further on price, another reason to avoid. It should be £6.99 in the UK to be comparable with the US price.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    So hero recovery, the least meaningful aspect is the headliner of this program? Open the game and the pop up is "sign up for VIP healing ..."

Wow
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    rastafari7 wrote:

Likely because European purchases typically *include* VAT, while the American system adds tax to advertised price at point of sale. In some American markets users are going to have to pay an additional tax on top of $9.99 as the European market is, just not most.
  • Zombionicdoom
    Zombionicdoom Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Has anyone from the UK actually been able to purchase this yet? I'm still getting the standard 'Unable....' Message at the moment.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2016
    Keegan wrote:
    rastafari7 wrote:

Likely because European purchases typically *include* VAT, while the American system adds tax to advertised price at point of sale. In some American markets users are going to have to pay an additional tax on top of $9.99 as the European market is, just not most.

Actually, since 2015 all digital purchases should include VAT in the EU according to the new system of tax rules.

The only difference is in the VAT percentage charged, which may differ by country and requires the service provider to determine every individual client's country of residence and pay taxes accordingly. They're also supposed to have two non co-dependent, non-conflicting pieces of data that prove they determined the correct country of residence. (They must be able to show that data when they're inspected by tax authorities and need to keep it on record for 10 years.)

Background info:
    http://www.accountingweb.com/tax/sales- ... d-with-you
    http://euvataction.org/key-facts/

However, if you assume the current pricing differences in the EU are due to the new tax rules and the fact that VAT has to be processed by individual country's rates, then that presents a potential problem of a different nature:
    VAT is to be paid by the seller to the country of residence of the buyer. It's not up to the buyer to pay that fee directly. Instead sellers are assumed to charge it forward to the buyer as an additional fee and thus buyers eventually pay the tax indirectly. However, if you recoup your loss to VAT by charging different rates for different countries, that may be seen as price discrimination based on nationality. And that's forbidden in the EU, as nationality is explicitly taken to be a part of race; making it racial discrimination.

Kind of puts you in a nasty situation where tax laws are in conflict with discrimination laws and the only way to comply with both is to make everyone pay the same price, which means you as a seller get a bit more income from those in low-VAT countries (since you'll be losing less of your sale's income to VAT) and a bit less from those in high-VAT countries (since the reverse happens there.)

(And I honestly have no idea if that is even legal. EU laws are sometimes totally off-the-hinges crazy.)
  • Zombionicdoom
    Zombionicdoom Posts: 98 Match Maker
    VASH1456 wrote:
    Is this a monthly subscription, or a monthly buy option? I bought my tablet out right and there's no service provider,just my home wifi and since I don't have credit cards does that mean I'm F!#$ed ?

It's a buy option, not a subscription.