What is VIP? *Updated (6/16/16)

Comments

• homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    I stopped playing World of Warcraft because of the $14 a month subscription. Are you so delusional that you think this is of equal value?

Also by constantly lowering the value of rewards you lower the barrier to entry that all your original players paid for. When your game launched I spent over $5,000 and I have one champed 4 star. So yea that was worth it too.

This slaps all your existing players in the face, hard, to try to get a few new players. You guys do this over and over with the piss poor business acumen. Think about a successful company like Microsoft, the first people to invest in stock in that company are rolling in it, not the latest.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    On andriod, after the daily update, the VIP option has disappeared
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2016
    I'm betting all this game's programmers must have graduated from ITI technical college.

Option just disappeared for me too.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    it has never shown up for me.

wasn't there after the 5 PM roll over.
    force closed, wasn't there
    force closed, went to Play Store, updated. wasn't there
    force closed, still wasn't there.

FFS ppl
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    was there earlier after i loaded the update

loaded it up 5 mins ago, and the vip button is gone.

??
  • Hoho69
    Hoho69 Posts: 48
    yep no VIP even after the r103 update what gives?????
  • VASH1456
    VASH1456 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    The vip icon vanished after I looked at it.
  • VazzVegas
    VazzVegas Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    This smells more like 'pay to win', than 'VIP'.
  • ocarina59
    ocarina59 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    I did the R103 update, but still not the vip option, why?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    VIP has been delayed until Wednesday 6/22 per redname post: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=46130
  • CFacto
    CFacto Posts: 74 Match Maker
    VIP is up on iOS for me
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    VazzVegas wrote:
    This smells more like 'pay to win', than 'VIP'.
    Hm, dont think so... 10 000ISO and 700HP per month is something, i cant get much faster as 100% free player. Especially that ISO - i am able to get 10k every day.
  • After purchasing VIP over 8 hours ago, I still have not received a legendary token, I have not gotten the 25% recovery boost, and after playing over 50 rounds, I still have none of the rewards from the daily rewards list. The payment was successful, I have an email receipt, and my credit card shows a completed transaction. What gives?
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    £7.99GBP is a better price than I was expecting and puts it at a border line purchase.
  • I bought VIP over 12 hours ago and still do not have the VIP benefits I paid for. I have the receipt and transaction ID. I tried to say as much earlier, but a forum moderator chose not to approve the post. I would like some help or a coherent reply in the next 24 hours, or I will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and initiating a chargeback with Citi. This constitutes a small claims violation, and the moderator that failed to approve my previous request for assistance has been noted.
  • Linkster79
    I bought VIP over 12 hours ago and still do not have the VIP benefits I paid for. I have the receipt and transaction ID. I tried to say as much earlier, but a forum moderator chose not to approve the post. I would like some help or a coherent reply in the next 24 hours, or I will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and initiating a chargeback with Citi. This constitutes a small claims violation, and the moderator that failed to approve my previous request for assistance has been noted.

You really need to contact customer service on this issue, nobody on the official forums will able to help you. Contact info can be found by in game clicking the gear icon and selecting Help>Common Questions>How To Contact Us. The direct address is http://www.d3go.com/mpq-support or https://d3publisherofamerica.zendesk.co ... quests/new responses may take 24-72 hours or longer depending on traffic. Be warned you will be advised that in app purchases may take up to 24hours to appear in game.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe dial back the rage a little bit, too. The FAQ has instructions for how to contact the company if you have an issue. It doesn't tell you to come post about your purchase problems on the community forums.
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Jeez, what does he think he funded the game for a year on his own? Watch out, he may threaten to take his mighty $10 elsewhere next.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe dial back the rage a little bit, too. The FAQ has instructions for how to contact the company if you have an issue. It doesn't tell you to come post about your purchase problems on the community forums.
    Angry tone aside, warning people of the potential of problems receiving the VIP items is merited.
  • Linkster79
    Meander wrote:
    Jeez, what does he think he funded the game for a year on his own? Watch out, he may threaten to take his mighty $10 elsewhere next.

The launch debacle, followed by some users having issues with the VIP status could very easily make it onto various app store reviews. This may in turn may make newer potential whales think twice about spending. For every person that complains there are many who stay silent.

Also from a personal point it isn't just $10US, for those outside the US it is in fact more than $10. Plus you can't put a price on reputation.